LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for posts from around the time le found the 3 mounds at a cemetary. Anyone remember when that was?

Does anyone know if there is a way to go to your last read post on tapatalk? That would really be awesome

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I have no idea don't have tapatalk. Can you click on your name...like in any of your threads and then it takes you to your profile page. once there....look in middle top, above a text box for the tab titled "Statistic's" click on that, then view all post. That is the other way I was describing. Sorry I cannot help for I don't have tapatalk. I'm too poor.

I have no idea don't have tapatalk. Can you click on your name...like in any of your threads and then it takes you to your profile page. once there....look in middle top, above a text box for the tab titled "Statistic's" click on that, then view all post. That is the other way I was describing. Sorry I cannot help for I don't have tapatalk. I'm too poor.

In tapatalk, click settings...then scroll down to loading behavior...you have three options, show oldest first, jump to first unread, and jump to newest post...click on whichever you want, and voila!! Thank Bessie for telling us how to do this in another thread.

Glad someone was able to help you all, stevep, like I said, I don't have tapatalk, heck I don't even own a laptop. I wish I did though.

Mcduff had at least one child conceived from rape, a daughter.
So, IMO more is possible.

I am looking for posts from around the time le found the 3 mounds at a cemetary. Anyone remember when that was?
Thread 35, Post 3

The post read:

http://kpel965.com/

KPEL965.com is saying that it was a tip that led investigators to a possible shallow grave.

Not much more than that being said but it's interesting.

Link to thread: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178516#post8139682"]LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Another post (#10, same thread): St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz live on TV-10: "We should know something for sure in two hours"

KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz on TV-10 live right now. He says a farmer called in a tip.

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz: Three possible grave sites, ruled out two sites. There is a third site under investigation.

Also, live on KATC Guidroz said they are having to get to site with 4-wheelers.

Maybe some of Derrick Lee's still missing victims will be found during these searches...it has happened before.

So what exactly did LE say in the wake of that investigation?

Was it a simple, glib "no body was found"? If so, I wonder if there was any residual DNA found in any of the shallow graves investigated.

So what exactly did LE say in the wake of that investigation?

Was it a simple, glib "no body was found"? If so, I wonder if there was any residual DNA found in any of the shallow graves investigated.

I think they would have spent a lot more time out there, if anything at all was found.

BBM...JMO, but I think not only did he not accomplish much in his 33 years, but I dont think he accomplished his main goal, if it was, as you say, to gain notoriety. I am sure he will be remembered around Lafayette, and maybe the immediate area, but his name will not be remembered much anywhere else, other than by people like us who have a particular interest in such. I live in North Carolina, and I would wager I could ask the first 100 people I see on the street who Brandon Lavergne is, and I would be surprised if more than one or two would have any idea. He certainly will never be spoken of in the same breath as the BTK Killer or Zodiac, or the many others in history that most of us are at least somewhat familiar with. I dont think notoriety was his goal. I believe his main, and only goal was to satisfy his sick needs. JMO

There are some victims that, for whatever reason, society embraces and becomes emotionally involved in his/her case... Mickey is one of those victims.
Imo, ten years down the road people won't say BSL's name in discussions... they will say "you know that guy who killed Mickey Shunick...???"

Whether he gets some fancy sk nickname or not, I certainly hope I forget his name all together in ten years!
All jmo.

K.jill, here's more regarding the mounds of dirt:
http://cajunradio.net/breaking-news...-brandon-scott-lavergnes-property-in-lawtell/
Update – 10:30 a.m. July 12 – St. Landry Parish Sheriff Bobby Guidroz says the search has been called off after nothing has been found. Sheriff Guidroz says the tip was a farmer that called about three mounds of dirt near his fields. The scene is about two miles from the Lawtell home of Brandon Lavergne. Lavergne’s been charged with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the disappearance of Mickey Shunick.

Cpl. Paul Mouton with Lafayette Police adds they are still checking other properties as the search for Mickey continues.

*************************************************************************************

Update – 9:20 a.m. July 12 – St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz says two graves have been ruled out. He says they will have more information in a couple of hours.

*************************************************************************************

8:00 a.m. – July 12 – KPEL News has confirmed that St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz says that his office received a tip of a possible grave on St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Swords. It’s not far from Brandon Scott Lavergne’s property. Guidroz said that it appears to be a gravesite, but investigators are not certain. Guidroz says Lafayette police investigators and search dogs have joined St. Landry sheriff’s deputies in the search.

Thread 35, Post 3

The post read:

KPEL965.com is saying that it was a tip that led investigators to a possible shallow grave.

Link to thread: LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Another post (#10, same thread): St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz live on TV-10: "We should know something for sure in two hours"

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz on TV-10 live right now. He says a farmer called in a tip.

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz: Three possible grave sites, ruled out two sites. There is a third site under investigation.

Thanks.
I was trying to find posts about bsl and another boy who were caught in a cemetary when he was in high school. Thought they were on the same thread but they aren't.

Thanks.
I was trying to find posts about bsl and another boy who were caught in a cemetary when he was in high school. Thought they were on the same thread but they aren't.
ktgirl posted this (Post 4, Thread 34), which originally came from thread 33:
Bringing this over from the last thread:

I think the cemetery angle could be very important (given what locals have said about BSL digging up old cemetery plots & for example, DTL's known fondness of watching women at cemeteries & even abducting one victim while she was visiting her mom's grave in Scott).

Maybe not THAT cemetery by the Saints Streets (I'm just assuming it was searched & I think it is frequented by a lot of people who would have noticed something), but maybe rural ones around Church Point....

Thread 35, Post 3

The post read:

Link to thread: LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have been wondering a lot about these possible grave sites... Obviously, the landowner was unaware what caused this, or he wouldn't have called it in. I can't think of anything natural that would occur, what else could've happened to create these sites, if not manmade??? I guess what I'm wondering is what innocent explanation is there for them to be there? Idk...

BSL has an adoptive father who is still alive and a stepfather (mother's 2nd marriage) who died in 2009. Both named Lavergne. No one publicly in the know has gone into any detail about the bio father.

If what someguy said is true, it seems like BSL had an okay relationship with his adoptive father - the one sick at a NOLA hospital the week before and the week of MS's disappearance. BSL was originally to pick the man up and bring the man home from the hospital. So I don't think there was abuse in that particular relationship. If there was a bad past, then why would BSL visit him in the hospital and offer to bring him home? I'm confused as to who could have abused him as a child

Thanks.
Post 1817, Thread 33, posted by ktgirl:
I've also been thinking about what was posted here some pages back about BSL digging up skulls & bones from graveyards. I wish we knew which graveyards he was doing this in. Maybe Mickey was buried there initially or later moved there or near there since if true, these graveyards are areas he knows, has spent time in, and probably enjoyed his sick activities in- a special place to him. Ewww.

I went back over 200 messages earlier, and can't find the post she was referencing. Maybe it was deleted.

“I adopted Brandon at birth to give him the family he deserved,” Cynthia says. “I am not saying this to minimize the relationship with my son. I’m stating this so that no one else has the chance to say or reveal what is rightfully mine to do.”
http://1079ishot.com/the-brother-of...s-out-plus-lavergnes-mother-reveals-adoption/

Call me STOOPID... but, my hunny was adopted. I can not IMAGINE his mother saying something like this EVER! NO MATTER WHAT!

Is it REALLY the adoptive mother's "place" to broadcast" this?
:dunno: seems like her "real" intent is to distance herself from her non-biological son. (can't say I blame her)~ in this case
The brother said the same did he not?
Wasn't he adopted as well???

WHY IS bsl'S ADOPTION SO SPECIAL???
all moo~

Thanks.
Ok, I think I've finally got it! I remember there was originally a lot of information about BSL's childhood, but part of it was deleted by a mod.
It was post 1024, thread 32 by Laffy Taffy:
I went to school with this FREAK!!! He has always been a creeper!!! Weird and never smiled. He was always a loner <modsnip>
Their house burned down not that long ago. (past year or so)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8119040#post8119040"]***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32 - Page 41 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Call me STOOPID... but, my hunny was adopted. I can not IMAGINE his mother saying something like this EVER! NO MATTER WHAT!

Is it REALLY the adoptive mother's "place" to broadcast" this?
:dunno: seems like her "real" intent is to distance herself from her non-biological son. (can't say I blame her)~ in this case
The brother said the same did he not?
Wasn't he adopted as well???

WHY IS bsl'S ADOPTION SO SPECIAL???
all moo~
At the time I believe she made a statement saying something to the effect that she knew it was going to come out in the media, and she wanted to say it before they did.

At the time I believe she made a statement saying something to the effect that she knew it was going to come out in the media, and she wanted to say it before they did.

So she wanted to beat them to the punch... I am trying to figure out why
it even matters... I just don't recall any other parent coming forward to state that in regards to a child suspected of murder~ I'm sure it HAS happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnysmilescb