LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the posters who mentioned a cemetery:

KATC's FB:
Law enforcement sources tell KATC a body was found in a private cemetery on LA 10 heading toward Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.

I still am not getting a good idea of where this is at... How far is it from BSL's? How far from where she was abducted? TIA

Law enforcement sources tell KATC a body was found in a private cemetery on LA 10 heading toward Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.

*shakes head*

Does LE ever confirm who a person is until after some kind of examination?

Would her body be at all identifiable after almost 3 months since her disappearance? Does anyone have an answer about this?

Depends if he had not long put the body there before he was arrested, where exactly it was, and if it was in anything.

Not being disrespectful by saying it, it just hurts too much to put the name to this right now. :anguish:

I responded to another poster, who heard lots of sirens and commotion off of Kaliste Saloom and Amb Caffery here in Lafayette. In the early aft hour. I heard them off of W Congress. Possibly no connection, cuz this aint Evangeline Parish.

There was a police officer involved in a shooting.

Highway 10 to oakdale would have been BSL's route to get to Fort Polk. He knew this highway VERY well I'd imagine.

I can't believe they would confirm to the media before the family, if that is true...or even confirm it all this early, unless BL brought them there.

Not being a resident of LA I am just wondering, which of these 3 stations do the locals consider to be the most reputable...Channel 2? KATC-TV 3? Or KLFY 10?

Also someone one one of the facebook pages said it is being reported by FOX and a Baton Rouge channel also.

I'm a local...live near Lawtell and to be honest they all screw up occasionally but some say Katc is more dependable.

Does LE ever confirm who a person is until after some kind of examination?

I think if there is an ID they do, or at least make a statement that the body appears to be that of Mickey but we are awaiting test results etc... But I would imagine from clothing, jewelry and stuff like that that they could make a pretty quick ID themselves regardless of the condition of the body.

I can't believe they would confirm to the media before the family, if that is true...or even confirm it all this early, unless BL brought them there.

I completely agree. This is ridiculous if the family was not notified first!

I remember way back on one of the earlier threads, someone mentioned that BSL liked cemeteries.

But I don't think they would confirm with anyone else first before the family, at least officially. I'm guessing there were leaks to MSM from others in the various agencies but no official statement would be made until positive ID and family is notified.

I just sent my mom a text to see if she knows that cemetery. She lives there and I'm sure is getting some Cajunnet info now.

Hold off, this could be a false report on the part of LE since they haven't notified the family yet!
This happened in the case of Phuong Le in California. The media found out before the family. Maybe it is true since they are talking about two different highways. Maybe two different bodies were found. Very sorry to hear about it, if true, but glad she can have a proper burial. Sorry for the man's family also.

I remember way back on one of the earlier threads, someone mentioned that BSL liked cemeteries.

That topic has been very popular. Looks like the sleuthers are right, too bad we couldn't know about the place sooner.

I think if there is an ID they do, or at least make a statement that the body appears to be that of Mickey but we are awaiting test results etc... But I would imagine from clothing, jewelry and stuff like that that they could make a pretty quick ID themselves regardless of the condition of the body.

The word was out pretty quickly when they found Caylee, wasn't it? and then she was positively ID'd ?. I'm feeling right now pretty much what I felt that day, except this seems to be more confusing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892