LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the old guy who picked up that girl one afternoon and asked to pay her 80 bucks for sex is a red herring. It just seems like a sick ol perv, but he did not force her into his car and did not harm her when she denied him. So I don't think he is the perp in this case, jmo.

Well if the "Caddy" driver saw the truck pulled over, talking to a blonde girl on a bike (and yes, he would have looked) - they'd have a better line on whether it was that old guy.

May-5 at the latest. I was finished with my finals May 4. Nightlife since school let out has been on the up and up, many people have been out to bars lately. The bar the Mickey was last seen, Artmosphere, usually contains more of the outcast crowd.

Tell an old lady what 'the outcast crowd' is. Thanks

I think the old guy who picked up that girl one afternoon and asked to pay her 80 bucks for sex is a red herring. It just seems like a sick ol perv, but he did not force her into his car and did not harm her when she denied him. So I don't think he is the perp in this case, jmo.

Who knows how many times he had been turned down and how desperate he was. It's progressive.

I'm just throwing this out there....I keep wondering why there is no evidence of a struggle, which may indicate this person was in law enforcement or security. There's a major scandal going on here right now with 9 Lafayette officers suing the police chief and Lafayette consolidated govt. Also mentioned as a defendant is the head of IA. I may be totally off and believe me I hope I am, but it makes sense.

For anyone who haven't seen what I'm talking about, I'm an old-car buff.

That 4-door car on the surveillance photos, I've tentatively identified as a 1979-'86 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, an '87-'89 Cadillac Brougham, or an approximately '79-'83 Oldsmobile 98.

After '83, the Olds got small.

It may or may not be related. However, I can see a perp being denied too often and then snap and take a woman. Some people can't handle denial too well.

Other than people thinking he "looks" weird, why do people still suspect BW? He's been cleared by LE, as well as by the video that proves MS left his home. He, along with her other friends, are running on minimal amount of sleep and are emotionally and physically drained.

typasus3, where did you find those particular photos with time stamps. I have not been able to find any time stamps on any photos with the gas station in them. please direct me to those.

To the other locals, I rode up and down from the house on ryan to the end of st. landry and cannot find the area pictured in the old car photos. Do any other locals know where the pics were taken?

In between Versailles and St. Landry on W. University is the vantage where the "Caddy" and truck were seen. The view showing the circle K is on St. Landry. I am eager to see the footage from the cameras from Martin & Castille funeral home... Better cameras with a better view, I don't think we will see the view from these however.

Sorry if it's already been posted.

But I'm gonna go out on a limb possibly and say this. This is the only missing persons ase I've been interested in because it is in my town. Meaning I never kept up on all the others veterans of WS have been posting, so forgive me if I'm off base.

But IMO, and I know there is rare cases, I don't believe criminals are smart. I don't believe they really think before their actions in most cases and I don't believe they thought before hand about DTL or how they would get away with it.

Let's say the filth that did this was real bad filth. Drugged up, cracked out, whatever. I see them seeing a young girl, whether it was one person or a group egging each other on, that thought..."check out this girl by herself"...and that criminal element in their mind snapped on and took her.

Saying that, I'd like to believe they didn't think this through, got rid of the bike the same night because it was in the back of the truck like a billboard, and took her to their safe place (home, camp, whatever) and still has her there with no idea what to do next. Like I said before, the distance between university exit and whiskey bay is not enough time for them to get their kicks.

That being said, still they are stupid and possibly drugged up, I hope we can find her before they realize they are screwed either way. I just hope there is a tiny bit of conscience in that tiny little pea brain that manages to persuade them to not ruin two lives for their stupidity.

BRING MICKEY HOME!!!

The only person, in my eyes, who has really seemed that upset is Brettly. That, along with the fact that her family waited until the evening to report her missing, makes me believe that she might have not been so reliable in the past even though her family insists she was.

I think that maybe they waited until after the graduation for two reasons:
- Not to disrupt/ruin lil bro's graduation. They probably waited for her until teh very last second up until graduation and then realized if they then reported her missing, either Mickey's mom or sister would have to miss graduation (and dad was already going to miss it since he was offshore). They probably kept telling themselves she'd show up and felt enormous pressure to of course, be there for a son/brother's HS graduation. Only happens once. I'm sure they were very worried and scared. My guess is mom & sister tried their best to put on a happy face for lil bro so his graduation wouldn't be ruined and that he wouldn't be worried. I know he's 18, but don't we all want to protect our baby or little sibling even if they're 50? I think I read (not sure where- if someone can link it, please do) that Mickey's dad said the mom did not come out and tell him she was missing when he called home that night....he found out via email the next day. Seems she wanted to protect her husband from freaking out needlessly when he's offshore and wanted to exhaust all options she could think of first.

- After graduation, they may not have called the cops until 6:30 because they just could not come to grips with reporting her missing. They went over 1,000 possible excuses in their heads and hoped against hope. Maybe they thought they needed to wait a certain amount of time as she's an adult?

I just don't believe anyone in her family or Brettly were involved at this point and I don't think they are lying when they say she's reliable. I think they were telling themselves whatever they needed to hear about possibilites as to why she wasn't home as long as they could because they didn't want to believe something like this had happened to her.

It's also possible that these people paid cash. Like many have stated before that circle K is out-skirting the "bad" part of town. I've seen people go in with $3 and put a gallon of gas. Most of the people on that side of town don't have the cash to plunk down on a full tank.

Surely Circle K has video cameras?!

The photo that the white blurb is in was time stamped on another thread at 1:49. The photo where the white car is in the gas bay with the guy walking to the store door was time stamped 1:51. That is why I was thinking if it is the same car in both photos, then they passed Mickey on st Landry then the st Landry entrance to circle k because they knew it is hard to turn around in the parking lot, so they go to light, make a right, then enter circle k from university entrance. But if it 2 different vehicles, they saw Mickey on st Landry and then departed the area.

Where do you see the time stamps for these? (the 2 Circle K photos) Could anyone post all of the photos in order?

Other than people thinking he "looks" weird, why do people still suspect BW? He's been cleared by LE, as well as by the video that proves MS left his home. He, along with her other friends, are running on minimal amount of sleep and are emotionally and physically drained.

Not to mention Mickey could literally kick his butt!

Thanks for that... I wonder what the most effective way to proceed might be? First, I should firm up my ID on the "Caddy."

Missed dinner - I need to recharge....

Don't forget to call in and say your name is Sheba--you will get first class service from NG.

LOL LOL I thought it was Sunday night, too.

Guess that happens when we get old, eh??? (you, me and Woof)

And since I'm 99.9% retired, I don't pay attention to what day it is. I usually have to pull the calendar up on my phone or check the newspaper, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne