LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, another question..(I'm new at this)
Is it correct that there are traffic cams on I-10 at Whiskey Bay? If so, has LE looked at them?

Yes, but would he have enough time to get back behind the wheel and out of harm's way?

IMO: Yes. Especially at night, he would see headlights far behind him. I have driven between Baton Rouge and Lafayette on that bridge many, many nights. Sometimes, there was a lot of traffic. Other times, traffic was very, very sparse.

What does it mean when someone is arrested and under 'charge' it says "St. Martin parish"? Look at that latest mugshot. I see that's where the basin with an A is located.

it means they're being held for that parish. usually they have a warrant

Or that the perp didn't pick up all debris he could find--if he went this far to cover his steps he clearly had an idea about how to pull this off with some sort of success.

On that note...college student? Criminal Justice classes? I know the average person knows a bit about forensics, but when I was in criminal justice classes at UL we covered crime scenes, 'what could be done differently to destroy/hide evidence', etc. over and over and over again in theory. I had a professor once tell us how to commit the 'perfect murder' from location to a body dumping site and how to dispose of evidence....

Nowdays all you need is to watch CSI type shows.

It's possible the SK could of thought Mickey was a prostitute, being out late on a bike at 2am..

Uhhh....so all prostitutes in Lafayette "peddle"? :what:

i'm guessing the bike was on this road

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 84
I've read them described as "sparkly gold" in at least one article.
I do think the grips could have been removed from the bike in a quick attempt to make it less recognizable. The perp might not have realized just how distinct the rest of the bike was, being a fixed gear with a special saddle.

Nowdays all you need is to watch CSI type shows.

True. But if it were a student....just my opinion, and thinking about it as I type it...someone said earlier that maybe she was hit by someone she sort of knew? Well, when I was in UL (about 5 years ago) criminal justice classes were in the same building as anthropology classes (and the most popular minors for the crim. jus. students I knew were sociology and anthropolgy) so perhaps she knew whoever did this from school. Just speculation and wondering, but something to think about.

Well, it's interesting how LE is STILL calling the person a perpetrator.

If LE thought this was a hit & run turned sour, I would think they would be appealing to the perp's sense of "not being a criminal" and "it was an accident, do the right thing and come forward".

Waiting......:waitasec:

Good point. I also don't think that Mickey's mom really believes it was an accident. I felt she was giving the perp a way out so he would return Mickey w/o fear of getting in trouble.

Does the cemetery in the area where the vehicle/s were seen on video fill a whole block, is it accessible from more than one entrance, like a front and back? Thanks

Front and side for sure, back is possible though I have never attempted.

I wish somebody asked about the lights on her bike. When you wreck your lights often come off, since they are not usually permanently fastened to the bike (they may have brackets that are but the lights themselves aren't).

New thread coming here shortly, folks. We are flying through these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth