Found Deceased LA - Nevaeh Allen, 2, Belaire, Baton Rouge, 24 Sep 2021 *mother, stepfather arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Caregivers of missing toddler questioned as FBI, police continue search for missing 2-year-old

From the video:

Reporter said that Lanaya Cardwell [Nevaeh's mother] said that Nevaeh had been left with the step-father along with two other kids. Nevaeh's mother said that she last saw Nevaeh before she left for work early Friday morning [Sep. 24, 2021]. She said that her daughter should still be wearing a yellow dress with pineapples on it.

The reporter further states that Nevaeh's mother took her to get some breakfast early Friday morning, before Nevaeh's step-dad (who was watching the toddler and 2 others) dropped her off at work around 8:15 a.m. Friday morning.

At 01:00 of the video, the mother of Nevaeh states:
"All of the kids went down for a nap. Nevaeh was asleep on the sofa -- that is normal for her. The kids get home [from school] -- I don't know if everybody was still sleeping 'cause I was at work. Kids get home, they say the door was open (she sounds surprised by this, as if that is not normal), and Nevaeh is missing. That's all I know. My child is not the type to just wander off. She doesn't wander off. You can ask anybody. Nevaeh is on my hip when I walk through that door. She is on my hip."

Then, a neighbor in the complex, Crystal Waters, who is a witness, states (at 02:14 of video):

"He [the step-father] ran up on me and asked me had I seen a little girl. I said no I had not seen a little girl. I had just got off from work. And I asked him how old she was. He said two [years old]. I asked him what she had on and he said a pink and green dress [02:23 of video], but he ran off so fast. I said I'm going to help you look. I went back towards the school, where they got the park at, and I saw two officers there." [She said she spoke to the officers and they were aware that the child was missing.]

Most 11mo babies will not nap for 3+ hours so I’m going to assume that the baby made some noises.
The stepfather must have been sleeping quite deeply to not be awakened by the baby.

(If he was sleeping that deeply, he wouldn’t have heard a toddler moving around).

JMO.

Kim Holmes, the mother of Cardwell's live-in boyfriend told WBRZ Saturday, "I can't see my son hurting a child."

Caregivers of missing toddler questioned as FBI, police continue search for missing 2-year-old

"This little girl is like my grandchild, I've helped look after her. in the 2-years, I've known her mother," Holmes said.

Holmes met with Cardwell,'s family at the apartment complex where the child went missing, and she says police have been holding her son since Friday.

"They got him at the headquarters. they claim they didn't arrest him yet," Holmes said.

"they were interrupted by a call about a public agency possibly taking custody of other children in the family."

So, in my experience this isn't standard in a missing child case...

I couldn't sleep so checked this site hoping she was found.

I am.in the UK, but here it is unusual to take custody.of other children yes, a police liason officer would stay with the family until.then child is found

From the video:

Reporter said that Lanaya Cardwell [Nevaeh's mother] said that Nevaeh had been left with the step-father along with two other kids. Nevaeh's mother said that she last saw Nevaeh before she left for work early Friday morning [Sep. 24, 2021]. She said that her daughter should still be wearing a yellow dress with pineapples on it.

The reporter further states that Nevaeh's mother took her to get some breakfast early Friday morning, before Nevaeh's step-dad (who was watching the toddler and 2 others) dropped her off at work around 8:15 a.m. Friday morning.

At 01:00 of the video, the mother of Nevaeh states:
"All of the kids went down for a nap. Nevaeh was asleep on the sofa -- that is normal for her. The kids get home [from school] -- I don't know if everybody was still sleeping 'cause I was at work. Kids get home, they say the door was open (she sounds surprised by this, as if that is not normal), and Nevaeh is missing. That's all I know. My child is not the type to just wander off. She doesn't wander off. You can ask anybody. Nevaeh is on my hip when I walk through that door. She is on my hip."

Then, a neighbor in the complex, Crystal Waters, who is a witness, states (at 02:14 of video):

"He [the step-father] ran up on me and asked me had I seen a little girl. I said no I had not seen a little girl. I had just got off from work. And I asked him how old she was. He said two [years old]. I asked him what she had on and he said a pink and green dress [02:23 of video], but he ran off so fast. I said I'm going to help you look. I went back towards the school, where they got the park at, and I saw two officers there." [She said she spoke to the officers and they were aware that the child was missing.]
He’s a live in boyfriend, they aren’t married - correct?

Kim Holmes, the mother of Cardwell's live-in boyfriend told WBRZ Saturday, "I can't see my son hurting a child."

"This little girl is like my grandchild, I've helped look after her. in the 2-years, I've known her mother," Holmes said.

Holmes met with Cardwell,'s family at the apartment complex where the child went missing, and she says police have been holding her son since Friday.

"They got him at the headquarters. they claim they didn't arrest him yet," Holmes said.
I was coming to post this. Thanks. Definitely alarming.

Where is Nevaehs father? Is there any reason to believe he would have taken her (ex- custody dispute)? Trying to see if there’s any other avenue that makes sense other than the boyfriend being involved.

In broad daylight at an apartment complex there would surely be other people walking around, driving by, etc. I find it almost impossible to believe this happened in the middle of the day with zero witnesses.

Where is Nevaehs father? Is there any reason to believe he would have taken her (ex- custody dispute)? Trying to see if there’s any other avenue that makes sense other than the boyfriend being involved.

In broad daylight at an apartment complex there would surely be other people walking around, driving by, etc. I find it almost impossible to believe this happened in the middle of the day with zero witnesses.

Or cameras. They're everywhere now. Not only surveillance/security cameras or cell phones, but also dash cams. More and more folks are getting those now. Investigators need to start glancing at the windshields and asking for that footage, too, if they haven't already.
Because I find it difficult to believe something like this could happen in broad daylight with no witnesses, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back