LA - Officer Henry Nelson, 51, & Shameka Johnson, 40, slain, Sunset, 26 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt that he let his guard down because it appears one of the women was lying out on the lawn dying, or already dead. The perp might have grabbed his gun when he bent over to check on the victim.

I haven't read any reports of how events unfolded at the home. Photos show two bodies on the lawn, one is the female victim, and the other is Officer Nelson. So I have to think the woman had already been stabbed when the officer arrived. Otherwise he would have shot the guy when he attacked her.

I doubt that he let his guard down because it appears one of the women was lying out on the lawn dying, or already dead. The perp might have grabbed his gun when he bent over to check on the victim.

I haven't read any reports of how events unfolded at the home. Photos show two bodies on the lawn, one is the female victim, and the other is Officer Nelson. So I have to think the woman had already been stabbed when the officer arrived. Otherwise he would have shot the guy when he attacked her.

Right. But I am just wondering if he allowed his cousin to come closer than he might a random stranger because he trusted he woudn't kill him? Maybe the officer saw the woman on the lawn and Riley pretended it was someone else that stabbed her. Would the officer be more prone to believe his cousin over a stranger?

Right. But I am just wondering if he allowed his cousin to come closer than he might a random stranger because he trusted he woudn't kill him? Maybe the officer saw the woman on the lawn and Riley pretended it was someone else that stabbed her. Would the officer be more prone to believe his cousin over a stranger?
From what I've read, Riley was behaving very irrationally. He had just stabbed three women. I think that was obvious to Nelson immediately.

[...]
Police officers said the suspect appeared to be high on drugs, according to Guidroz.

After the stabbing and shooting on Anne Street, the suspect drove three blocks to JR Food Mart and service station and drove his car through the front of the store, Guidroz said.

[...]
She said Riley was naked when he got out of the car and asked for the owner.

[...]
He has been arrested at least 14 times, including twice this year. Most recently, he was arrested in Opelousas on drug charges. He allegedly had methadone, crack cocaine and morphine in his possession and used them in front of a child under 17, according to court records.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...-several-people-officer-shot-sunset/32434557/

Breaking News: Suspect in Sunset slayings found ‘unresponsive’ in jail, his attorney says

http://theadvocate.com/news/13296996-123/suspect-in-sunset-slayings-found

"“We think he’s faking it,” Guidroz said, but “we can’t take any chances,” so officials had him sent to the hospital.

Capt. Clay Higgins, spokesman for the St. Landry Sheriff’s Office, said in an email at 11:44 a.m., “As of just a few minutes ago, his condition appears well, he is speaking and all of his stats have been checked and confirmed as fine.”"

From last month:

http://theadvocate.com/news/14169023-123/arnaudville-man-indicted-on-two

A St. Landry Parish grand jury has indicted Harrison Lee Riley Jr. on counts of murder and attempted murder in an August rampage in Sunset that left two people dead and several injured...

Prosecutors have not indicated whether they’ll seek the death penalty...

Toxicology reports submitted to the court record during Riley’s November bond hearing reveal he was high on PCP during the crimes.

Death penalty could be off table for suspect in deaths of Sunset police officer, others

The death penalty could be off the table for the man accused of stabbing a woman to death and killing a Sunset police officer in August.

(...)

27th Judicial District Attorney Earl Taylor stated in a release Thursday that after a unanimously request by the victims' families, the attorney's office would not seek the death penalty if Riley pleaded guilty to all four counts. Instead Riley would be sentenced to life in prison for the two counts of first-degree murder and 50 years in prison for the two counts of attempted first-degree murder.

http://www.wafb.com/story/31322484/...ect-in-deaths-of-sunset-police-officer-others

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back