Identified! LA - Rapides Parish, WhtFem Skeletal 65UFLA, 15-19, w/ dog bones, Nov'80 *Arrests* - Donna Brazzell

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a dog owner I'm just going to throw this opinion (not based on any scientific fact or academic finding) but thought that knowing my dogs sense of smell is much better then mine (I've owned my yorkie eight years in March) that it odd that the dog was shot near this womens bones. Wondering how thourough the background check on who shot the dog was. As someone who does background checks and work for a police dept. I know sometimes it is greatly lacking. My dog has put lots of things in her mouth including a dead rat she brought to me (lucky me) but I still can't imagine her eating a dead person. Maybe knowing more about this dog breed and history can shed light on this case.

Yeah I found that super weird that they found the person who shot the dog but it wasn't stated why the dog was shot... and if the person who shot the dog was found, did they not ask why that person didn't report a dead body??

This girl Teresa Byers isn't on the rule out list

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/byers_teresa.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8813/17/

What I liked about her compared to the UID is the chins...

View attachment 29239View attachment 29240

Teresa went missing from TX in Sept-Nov 1979 UID was found in Nov 1980
Her height is close to the UID -UID listed as being 5'0 -5'5, Teresa is listed as being 5'4
Teresa was 18 when she went missing - UID was said to be between the ages of 15-19

What do you all think?

Chaddylex I was thinking the same thing. You must be reading my mind. I was about to post about Teresa Byers but you beat me to it.

Yes, she has many similarities, but there is very limited info on Teresa Byers. She came up as a NAMUS comparison but at the time I believed Deborah McCall had a few more similarities. The pictures of Deborah were clearer than the single picture on NAMUS of Teresa, which is blurry

What I noticed about the UID is that no limbs were found on the decedent. This could be to hide the cross shaped scar on her hand, or if Teresa had a police record it would hide fingerprints to make matching difficult if not impossible (for 1979). It is about a 200 mile distance between the UID and where Teresa Byers was last reported. Teresa Byers is worth submitting as a possible match as DNA is available

The other possibility I had in the NAMUS comparison aside from Teresa and Deborah was Jennifer Wyant. The age is off and the distance is further, but the picture is clear. She disappeared about 5 months before the body was discovered. I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wyant_jennifer.html

TN TN - Jennifer Wyant, 21, Nashville, 28 June 1980 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11/0/

I was also going to submit that as DNA is available for both Jennifer and the UID.

Chaddylex I was thinking the same thing. You must be reading my mind. I was about to post about Teresa Byers but you beat me to it.

Yes, she has many similarities, but there is very limited info on Teresa Byers. She came up as a NAMUS comparison but at the time I believed Deborah McCall had a few more similarities. The pictures of Deborah were clearer than the single picture on NAMUS of Teresa, which is blurry

What I noticed about the UID is that no limbs were found on the decedent. This could be to hide the cross shaped scar on her hand, or if Theresa had a police record it would hide fingerprints to make matching difficult if not impossible (for 1979). It is about a 200 mile distance between the UID and where Teresa Byers was last reported. Teresa Byers is worth submitting as a possible match as DNA is available

The other possibility I had in the NAMUS comparison aside from Teresa and Deborah was Jennifer Wyant. The age is off and the distance is further, but the picture is clear. She disappeared about 5 months before the body was discovered. I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wyant_jennifer.html

TN TN - Jennifer Wyant, 21, Nashville, 28 June 1980 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11/0/

I was also going to submit that as DNA is available for both Jennifer and the UID.

I think Jennifer Wyant is a possible also.. Teresa has DNA available, I am just wondering where both of them have their DNA, if it is in CODIS or not?
I just emailed Michael Nance at NamUs for the comparison between Teresa & the UID. I have dealt with him previously with other UID's and he is very receptive. (He is also listed as the Regional Administrator for the UID)

I think Jennifer Wyant is a possible also.. Teresa has DNA available, I am just wondering where both of them have their DNA, if it is in CODIS or not?
I just emailed Michael Nance at NamUs for the comparison between Teresa & the UID. I have dealt with him previously with other UID's and he is very receptive. (He is also listed as the Regional Administrator for the UID)

I submitted Jennifer Wyant as a possible match for this UID to Michael Nance, the Regional Administrator for this UID.

I agree Michael Nance is very receptive. I sent an email about Dixie May Forester and a UID in Oklahoma to him just last week. He replied back that both sets of DNA were in CODIS. It was ruled out within 3 days.

I submitted Jennifer Wyant as a possible match for this UID to Michael Nance, the Regional Administrator for this UID.

I agree Michael Nance is very receptive. I sent an email about Dixie May Forester and a UID in Oklahoma to him just last week. He replied back that both sets of DNA were in CODIS. It was ruled out within 3 days.

I just received a reply from Michael Nance:

Joeytes:

DNA from both individuals are in national CODIS. CODIS has not linked these two cases based upon DNA.

Thank you,

Mike

Less than 5 minutes response time. How's that for receptive!

I just came back from lunch and Michael emailed me too... He said the same thing about Teresa & the UID both having DNA in CODIS..

At least we tried!!

I just received a reply from Michael Nance:

Joeytes:

DNA from both individuals are in national CODIS. CODIS has not linked these two cases based upon DNA.

Thank you,

Mike

Less than 5 minutes response time. How's that for receptive!

I replied back to Michael Nance:

Thanks Michael for your prompt response.

Should Jennifer Wyant then be listed as an exclusion on the UID web page?

Thanks,

Joeytes

I just checked the UID page in NAMUS.

Jennifer Wyant is now an exclusion in NAMUS. She has been ruled out as a possible match.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1879

That was fast!

Teresa Byers is not on the exclusion page BTW

I replied back to Michael Nance:

Thanks Michael for your prompt response.

Should Jennifer Wyant then be listed as an exclusion on the UID web page?

Thanks,

Joeytes

I just checked the UID page in NAMUS.

Jennifer Wyant is now an exclusion in NAMUS. She has been ruled out as a possible match.

That was fast!

Teresa Byers is not on the exclusion page BTW

I just saw your your reply. I am going to email him now to see if Teresa will be added to the list.

Mary Leah Rodermund looks like a reasonable possible for this Jane Doe.

ea3d7631-61c2-4ee6-b24e-96960bbeedeb.jpg
c1247c98-4f60-4532-8f1f-ff9c9998fb54.jpg

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=683

Unfortunately, there aren't any identifiers on her.

What I do not understand: if the dog bones were found close to body and they identified the person who shot the dog then surely they have some link to the body? Eg the dog was either shot at the same time as the deceased meet her fate or if later on, and the dog was shot and it died shortly afterwards alongside the body well you would notice the body then as well.

I live in Rapides Parish. Is there anything that I can do to help?

The Louisiana website now lists that there is DNA for Mary Leah Rodermund. She is believed to have been a victim of Robert Carl Hohenberger.

Helen Bouzon double-checked the status of Kimberly Rae Doss of Jacksonville FL (not to be confused with Kimberly Sue Doss of Davenport IA)

So we can safely presume that Kimberly R. Doss is a CODIS rule-out by default (unless the very unlikely event of a CODIS false-negative).

thank you for pointing the doss girls out all these years I thought it was one person , they look so close I must have gotten confused ! noted in brain!

Helen Bouzon double-checked the status of Kimberly Rae Doss of Jacksonville FL (not to be confused with Kimberly Sue Doss of Davenport IA)

So we can safely presume that Kimberly R. Doss is a CODIS rule-out by default (unless the very unlikely event of a CODIS false-negative).

thank you for pointing the Doss girls out all these years I thought it was one person , they look so close I must have gotten confused ! noted in brain!

Interesting. I did some research on the open metopic suture in adulthood. This is basically the opposite condition from what my daughter has where the skull sutures close early. What I've been able to find is that this occurs naturally in up to 10% of the population, according to some accounts (though that seems crazy high to me), while other accounts said it's about that common in people of European descent, but less so in other groups. It was rarer with Australians (odd since many are of European descent), and rarer still in Eskimo populations. Apparently it is usually accompanied by absent or underdeveloped sinuses.

Nothing I read indicated that open metopic sutures and epilepsy were comorbid. There is a more elevated risk of epilepsy with the opposite condition, metopic synostosis. However, there does seem to be a correlation between epilepsy and the sinuses. So in that respect, it would make sense.

Head disease/trauma is mysterious. I had a car wreck (with TBI and 5-day coma) and during my first semester of college (around 18½-y/o) and was told ad nauseum that if I drank "x" or did "y" or even thought about "z," then I'd have some sort of grand mal seizure and become (for lack of a nicer term) "retarded."

I may be lucky, but I've never had a seizure. I'm not really dumber either. I just can't handle as much at once (school took damnnear a decade). And my alcohol tolerance was lower. And I still kind of behave like the bitter teenager I was at the time of the wreck, even though I'm 36. And I look pretty damned young for my age, though I don't know if getting knocked in the head is responsible for that.

That may not be totally similar to the late-fusion, but I'm trying to say that many similar things can happen to many different people's brains yet there can be vastly different outcomes for each of those people.

This is an older post I'm replying to, so it may have been answered further down, but to we know a cause for Carla's epilepsy?

What I do not understand: if the dog bones were found close to body and they identified the person who shot the dog then surely they have some link to the body? Eg the dog was either shot at the same time as the deceased meet her fate or if later on, and the dog was shot and it died shortly afterwards alongside the body well you would notice the body then as well.

I live a little north of there (Kentucky) but there are many times where hunters will "clean" the deer or what-have-you and just leave the hide, head, whatever-isn't-meat on the side of the road. I've seen creepy buzzards at these dumps and I've seen family pets (fluffy little white dogs with collars) there too. I can see the dog-shooter as merely getting the "scavengers" away from his property. You technically could have dismissed her remains as that of a deer from far away. For that matter, from not-that-far in the dark...

LA--Rapides County--15 to 19 year old [CASE #LSU 80-05]

I did a search by Case # and NAMUS # and could not find a thread on this, so I am creating this one. If this thread does indeed exist already, my apologies.

UID: FEMALE 15-19 63"; Discovered 1980

melinda.creech.PNG

MP: Melinda Creech, 13, 63"; Missing 1979

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5308/0/

*Melinda had a previously fractured arm, and there was no mention of this in the UID's NAMUS page, but not all the limbs were recovered from the UID.*

*Melinda 's NAMUS profile states she was 13 when she went missing, but NAMUS also lists her DOB as 9/21/1964, which would have made her almost 15 when she went missing.*

I submitted Melinda Creech as a possible match for LA--Rapides County--15 to 19 year old [CASE #LSU 80-05]. Will copy any reply once received.

I submitted Melinda Creech as a possible match for LA--Rapides County--15 to 19 year old [CASE #LSU 80-05]. Will copy any reply once received.

Update, I already received a reply back from LSU :)

Thank you for your email. I am going to have a forensic dentist compare these two cases because there are a lot of similarities. I will let you know if anything comes of this comparison. Thank you again!

Will follow up once I hear anything more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert
Back