LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
shouldn't that be TES ?- I bolded in red above?

Dunno .. I've seen it various ways ... TEQ, TES, and TXEQ.

ETA: Now how simple was that ... I typed it in full to avoid confusion :biggrin:

No every little detail helps sillybilly, its often the smallest detail thats the most important. Just noticed Shane spoke to Brett for 3 minutes, what did they speak about other than he just had a crash and his location, 3 minutes is a long time for just a couple of sentences.

ITA re details .. we don't usually have the benefit of 2 different agency reports on the same incident; just trying to avoid a chronological nightmare with the varying details. Would be nice if I could do a spreadsheet, but can't do that on WS. I'll probably just use different colours for information from the 2 different reports. If that doesn't work well, i'll figure something else out as we go along.

ITA re details .. we don't usually have the benefit of 2 different agency reports on the same incident; just trying to avoid a chronological nightmare with the varying details. Would be nice if I could do a spreadsheet, but can't do that on WS. I'll probably just use different colours for information from the 2 different reports. If that doesn't work well, i'll figure something else out as we go along.

Two different colors sounds good.

One probably minor thing I keep coming back to in my mind is, why did Brett call Shane? Was it just a coincidence that he called his brother right after Shane crawled out from his totalled car?

Did the accident happen right before Brett called?

It's in the beige coloured building directly above where that white car is. If you zoom in on the large Dominion Plaza sign, Rum Runners sign can be seen just below the words "Dominion Plaza".

The Sign that I see isn't called Dominion Plaza, but called Barataria Plaza, if you go North with Google Maps Street view, you can see the Rum Runners sign.

I actually tried typing in the exact address for Rum Runners, but it puts me back to the same location in Google. What I was hoping for was a clear front of the building to see all of the exit ways where Shane could have gone.

In fact, we don't even know if he planned to go home before the accident. Sorry if this has been repeated, but was he headed home? Did Brett and Shane live in the same house? Also before the accident happened, did they leave the bar at the same time?

You wonder, in assuming that Brett was sober that this whole tragedy could have been avoided if Shane and Brett had come to the bar in the same car, and rode home together. If so, none of this would have happened!

Satch

70rqvfP.jpg

L0qhTvC.jpg

This view is facing south on Barataria Blvd. Shane would have been headed north to go home.

uEnczBp.jpg

rnZ89vk.jpg

It looks like there's a back exit through the parking lot.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...o.kri01zI0DaFU

--------------

In one video that I watched, Brett said that it was a habit of his to call his brother like that - to see if he got home okay I guess. Good question about the timing though, one has to assume he must have called right after the wreck. Otherwise, what was Shane doing/planning to do? Had he already crawled out at that point?

Two different colors sounds good.

One probably minor thing I keep coming back to in my mind is, why did Brett call Shane? Was it just a coincidence that he called his brother right after Shane crawled out from his totalled car?

Did the accident happen right before Brett called?

<rsbm>

The report says Shane lived in Harvey which, according to google maps, is east of Barataria Blvd. So that would be "East on River Rd. towards Marrero Rd" and well past.

Solve this will ya AA7 ;)

Sillybilly, thanks but I'm chasing my tail. I'm still reading the AR and I'm totally confused/lost and I even lived and worked there twice, a few years back.

I thought 45 was Barataria Blvd. The AR shows Shane driving "W" for West, yet the AR drawing indicates the roadway such that he is driving East.

Isn't 45/Barataria Blvd still located EAST of the accident scene? How/why was Shane driving EAST back towards where he just left?(45/Barataria Blvd) or have I been gone too long and have forgotten my way around?

Well, when drinking, you might get hungry.
Could Shane have turned around to pick up fast food?

Thanks for making this the spotlight case.
It is so intriguing! So hoping this much loved man is brought back to his family soon.
Blessings to all.

This is what I was trying to say earlier. I think that is an error in the report. He was traveling east. It begs the question, what was he doing out on River Rd. Bessie suggested maybe he headed the wrong direction, and then did a u-turn.

Sillybilly, thanks but I'm chasing my tail. I'm still reading the AR and I'm totally confused/lost and I even lived and worked there twice, a few years back.

I thought 45 was Barataria Blvd. The AR shows Shane driving "W" for West, yet the AR drawing indicates the roadway such that he is driving East.

Isn't 45/Barataria Blvd still located EAST of the accident scene? How/why was Shane driving EAST back towards where he just left?(45/Barataria Blvd) or have I been gone too long and have forgotten my way around?

45/Barataria IS east of the accident site, and Shane lived east of 45/Barataria. Assuming he drove north on 45/Barataria until he reached 541/River Road, he should have turned east, or right, on River Rd. For some reason it appears that he turned west -- or left -- instead.

IMO, he realized his error when he saw the overhead pipe, and then tried to do a 180 in the road. I made the same mistake, myself, when I worked in a shelter in Marrero after a tornado back in 2007. Somehow I got turned around, and it was the overhead pipe that alerted me I was driving in the wrong direction (except I was approaching it from the other side). I didn't turn around in the road, but maybe Shane did. MOO

Do you mean you think his car toppled over as he was trying to turn around on the road?

45/Barataria IS east of the accident site, and Shane lived east of 45/Barataria. Assuming he drove north on 45/Barataria until he reached 541/River Road, he should have turned east, or right, on River Rd. For some reason it appears that he turned west -- or left -- instead.

IMO, he realized his error when he saw the overhead pipe, and then tried to do a 180 in the road. I made the same mistake, myself, when I worked in a shelter in Marrero after a tornado back in 2007. Somehow I got turned around, and it was the overhead pipe that alerted me I was driving in the wrong direction (except I was approaching it from the other side). I didn't turn around in the road, but maybe Shane did. MOO

Somebody, anybody .. wanna tell me how on earth I got Dominion Plaza out of Barataria Plaza? :floorlaugh:

That was a doozy .. Sorry for any confusion !! :blush:

In NOLA, we have looots of bars. Most people (myself included) go to the same few bars a lot and then we go to different bars added into our regular repertoire. I used to go to Rum Runners when I happened to be on the westbank hanging with some Marines :)) ) and it is a local/ westbank hangout. Was this one of their regular spots or was this one of those extras? The reason it seems important to me is if it was a real regular spot, I would have a harder time with the turn-around theory. If it is an occasional hangout, I could see that more!

In NOLA, we have looots of bars. Most people (myself included) go to the same few bars a lot and then we go to different bars added into our regular repertoire. I used to go to Rum Runners when I happened to be on the westbank hanging with some Marines :)) ) and it is a local/ westbank hangout. Was this one of their regular spots or was this one of those extras? The reason it seems important to me is if it was a real regular spot, I would have a harder time with the turn-around theory. If it is an occasional hangout, I could see that more!

Kenny can answer that for us, but remember, Shane hadn't been living back in NOLA very long. That's what makes me think he could've turned the wrong way, in addition to being under the influence. Truth be told, I've turned in the wrong direction on a few rare occasions simply because my mind was preoccupied.

Somebody, anybody .. wanna tell me how on earth I got Dominion Plaza out of Barataria Plaza? :floorlaugh:

That was a doozy .. Sorry for any confusion !! :blush:

It's okay, SB. Happens to the best of us. :D

ETA: That was a pretty good one, though. Lol

How did the brother get to the accident scene? Did he drive himself or was he driven there?

It appears from accident evidence, the Saturn was Eastbound. Meaning he may have realized his error and turned around, likely at the Barge tie up access road or elsewhere. Probably why nobody working in the area saw the car turnaround.

Or is it possible he had been elsewhere, West of where the the accident happened, and was returning Eastbound.

Did JPSO blood type the blood in the car and was it consistent with an accident?

The pings over 5 days after his missing should generate some leads, especially the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member