LA LA - Shreveport, BlkFem 24-32, UP2799, prev trauma, chef-like apron, skirt, sandal, Mar'95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

b741ma

Reaction score
I looked all over this site but I couldn't find an entry for this woman so I assume I'm the first to post her. If I'm wrong please merge this profile with the one that already exists. This case is fascinating.

631UFLA or UP2799
Original

Date of Discovery: March 2, 1995
Location of Discovery: Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana
Estimated Date of Death: 1980-1995
Estimated PMI: Years
State of Remains: Partial skeleton
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 24-32 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Previous blunt force trauma, with remodeling to the nasal bones, the right side of jaw bone, both second ribs and the third left rib. Previous sharp trauma, with remodeling on a thoracic vertebra.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Unfilled caries noted on the following teeth: 1 - 3(O), 6(ML), 7(OL), 8(M), 11(B) and 14(OMB).
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing
A light-colored, light-weight "chef-like" apron (no size), half of a light-colored and badly deteriorated bra with a knotted strap(no label), a peach/apricot colored skirt (no label), black nylon sock
Footwear
a woman's left sandal with ankle and heel straps made of brown leather/suede material (possible size 6-7)

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in the rubble of a demolished house in the 1500 block of Rex Street, Shreveport, LA.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
631UFLA

Any theories you have are greatly appreciated? Please suggest them below.

I wonder if the victim was a waitress at a local diner/restaurant or something (reason for the apron??) and had been heading into work or leaving?? Wonder if anyone reported missing was known to be heading in or leaving work in the area.

Also on google maps, there is a chimney in the middle of a lot on the 1500 block of Rex Street .. I wonder if that was the lot where the house she was found in once was.

It doesn't mention if the house's previous residents were questioned about the disappearance. I wonder why.

maybe the previous owners had been long gone, it was abandoned and the victim was placed in there or killed after it was already empty?? then when someone finally decided to bulldoze it/tear it down, they found the remains .. so sad all the unclaimed persons that show up ..

I actually see quite a bit of resemblance! Especially the shape of her face and the nose! It’s only about an hour and a half drive from location to location. I think it’s a good find!

View attachment 284121View attachment 284122

Yup, I see a resemblance too. Good find @victoriarobinson642!

Just curious if anyone else is seeing the outfit she was wearing as more 1970's than 80's? Could that "apron" be a pinafore?
I'm just thinking she may be an early 1970's domestic abuse victim. JMHO

PS... Just humor me...
marie doloris giles 2.jpg UID2799 1.jpg
Marie Deloris Giles
"Mrs. Giles was last seen in her vehicle with her boyfriend by neighbors around 1100 hours on 11/15/1971. Her boyfriend was driving and witnesses advise that Mrs. Giles was slumped over in the vehicle. The vehicle was later found in the rear of the Western Auto Store at Northgate Shopping Center, however, Mrs. Giles was not."

Last edited:

Just curious if anyone else is seeing the outfit she was wearing as more 1970's than 80's? Could that "apron" be a pinafore?
I'm just thinking she may be an early 1970's domestic abuse victim. JMHO
Funny you should say that. I hadn’t thought much about it until I saw a link someone posted on another thread that contained an UID from UK? I think. Anyway, she was wearing a pinafore and when I saw the picture, I immediately thought of this case. I’m not real familiar with pinafores, but they do look similar.

But yeah, now that you say that, I see 70s too. Even the shoes. With a PMI that large, I think it’s entirely possible.

Oh wow @coffeeandacig that resemblance is striking! That’d be a long drive with her body in the vehicle. But crazier things have happened. I’d submit both of these, for sure!

Oh wow @coffeeandacig that resemblance is striking! That’d be a long drive with her body in the vehicle. But crazier things have happened. I’d submit both of these, for sure!

Thanks @MadMcGoo! I'm thinking it's possible that her boyfriend knocked her out and took off to family or friends in Shreveport with her. Poor pretty lady was abducted for sure.

PS... Just humor me...
View attachment 284136 View attachment 284137
Marie Deloris Giles
"Mrs. Giles was last seen in her vehicle with her boyfriend by neighbors around 1100 hours on 11/15/1971. Her boyfriend was driving and witnesses advise that Mrs. Giles was slumped over in the vehicle. The vehicle was later found in the rear of the Western Auto Store at Northgate Shopping Center, however, Mrs. Giles was not."
Wow! That's quite the resemblance. I have no clue why she'd be in Louisiana, though.

Caddo Parish Jane Doe has been unidentified for 27 years today.

Caddo Parish Jane Doe has been unidentified for 29 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV
Back