Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Times Picayune Article - Jun 25, 1986
attachment.php

Good find Folieadeuxnola. Sad, so sad....was she in such bad condition that a maybe ex-husband couldn't recognize her...was there no person in her family, he knew, who could still give DNA? It's still possible isn't it? Is he still around? They must have a possible name of the woman...is she still missing? Did they check it out completely or went for DNA... sigh...

I certainly hope she is reunited with her family this year!!!

The ruled out list, 19-4-2017

Thefollowing people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First Name LastName Year of Birth State LKA
RozlinAbell 1966 Oklahoma
DebraCressotti 1955 Massachusetts
Carol Donn1963 Florida
AmandaFravel 1966 Nevada
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Hazel Klug1962 Virginia
TammyLeppert 1965 Florida
DeborahPost 1961 Massachusetts
ShannonPotter 1970 Maryland
SusanRiedling 1967 Kentucky
SusanRiedling 1967 Kentucky
PatriciaSchmidt 1964 Virginia
Faye Self1956 Louisiana
Lisa Sexton1966 Ohio
Mary Shinn1953 Arkansas
Sally Stone1964 Idaho
Nadine Timm1935 Illinois
AnnetteVail 1965
JoyceWalcott 1967 California

Just wanted to say thank you for the work you guys are doing. I really feel like this one can be solved with the right break. Keep it up!

Still searching. At first I did not see it, but after a saw a second pic.....maybe....

Lorraine Rea Herbster
MISSING since March 9, 1979 from Westampton Township,New Jersey, Lorraine Rea Herbster / UID found 1986, Saint Tammany Parish, Louisiana.
MP Hair Color: Brown / UID Auburn,(red/auburn) shoulder length
MP Age Missing: 17, would be ca. 24 in 1986 /UID estimated age at death: 20 to 30 yrs.
MP Eye Color: Green / UID large eyes, color not known, brown?
MP Height: 5'4" / UID between 5’2” and 5’6” feet and inches, measured5’4”
MP Race: Caucasian / UID caucasian, white
MP different nose in different pictures / small slightly upturned nose, possible nose job
MP not mentioned freckles, can’t see it on the pictures / UID has freckles mentioned
MP Weight: 125 lbs. / UID 126 pounds, including pregnancy. Fetus about 14gram at 12 weeks, so this doesn’t make a big difference.
MP Date of Birth: January 16, 1962 / UID born between ca. 1956 and 1966 estimated
MP Her ears are pierced. / UID ?
MP looks to have beautiful teeth / UID good theeth
MP Jewelry: a thin gold chain necklace; a diamond and brown quartz cat'seye ring. / UID tan band on left hand from a ring, no necklace.
MP no scars mentioned, could have appeared after missing / UID all kinds of scars 2.3cm scar midline onabdomen, above the navel; 1.5 cm circular-in-shape scar on right knee; 1.2 cmscar on the right wrist (per autopsy report)
MP Dental information/ charting is available and entered / UIDDental Records: Available (wisdom teeth all 4 extracted or never came through,perfect teeth)
MP DNA Namus entered and tests completed / UID DNA Records: Available, Namus: enteredand tests completed,
(where is DNA available?,still not sure how this works, it looks like the rule outs are automatically generated,but I know that is not always the case)
MP Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Lorraineleft her new job as a lab technician at Microcircuit Corp at 4:00 p.m. on March9, 1979. A co-worker dropped her off at the corner of Beverly-Rancoocas Roadand Holly Lane in Westampton Township, less than a mile from her home onWhitlow Drive in Mount Holly. She was last seen at 5:15 p.m. while walking to herhouse. She never arrived and has never been seen again. Her car and purse werefound in her Westampton front yard following her disappearance. Her caseremains unsolved.
Police Case#H0258854
NCIC Case#M-306637948
NCMEC Case#NCMC1158939

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lorraine Herbster 1.jpg
    Lorraine Herbster 1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Slidell JD 1.jpg
    Slidell JD 1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Slidell JD 2.jpg
    Slidell JD 2.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 379
  • Lorraine Herbster 2.jpg
    Lorraine Herbster 2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 236
It actually did happen here in NOLA a 30 year old murder case was solved with the new technology. LPJD has one single finger print

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It actually did happen here in NOLA a 30 year old murder case was solved with the new technology. LPJD has one single finger print

That's all she has is one print? Here's hoping!

That's awesome about the solved case. Gardener started a thread so we can keep track of whose been recently ID'd with that new technology, if you want to add that case.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-s-Identified-with-New-Fingerprint-Technology

That's all she has is one print? Here's hoping!

That's awesome about the solved case. Gardener started a thread so we can keep track of whose been recently ID'd with that new technology, if you want to add that case.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-s-Identified-with-New-Fingerprint-Technology

Yes just one finger it was all they could lift from her. Assume the fingers started to decompose, to be honest the area where she was found is well know for fishing and crabs in which may have accelerated the decomposition.

Regardless, if it is (1) finger or (10) it all works the same it still could lead to a possible match

Perhaps I've watched too many crime shows, and I hate even suggesting this, but is it possible that she was someone's mistress and he killed her to cover up the affair and pregnancy?

Vital Forces.... It is a possibility.

wowwww that's great!!

Thus far it has been the only locally publicized finding of a match on a 30 year cold murder case with the new fingerprint technology. Do hope the matches continue to grow and cases are solved whether murder or unidentified.

It was not clear wether there is a team setup within the NOLA PD to specifically work on matches. Right now with our crime rate at a high resources are most likely dedicated towards crime prevention.

Crossed the twin span twice last week always peering over a thinking whom are you, where did you come from and what happened. I still feel strongly she was dumped on the east side easy access from the service road. The camps and homes that were once there are no longer after Katrina this was a heavily hit area. However you can still see pilings from piers that once stood there.

Hopefully one day

Thus far it has been the only locally publicized finding of a match on a cold murder case with the new fingerprint technology. Do hope the matches continue to grow and cases are solved whether murder or unidentified.

I hope the trend continues, too.

Funny, just the other day I was checking this thread again...looking in every corner for Slidell JD...still no success. One day folieadeuxnola....

Thank You Bit of Hope your the best ... 31 Years and still at lose to finding her identity and given her name back. I pray one day the post on clue will appear.

I hope the trend continues, too.

Going back to the fingerprint ....

(1) single print was lifted from LPJD and (1) partial fingerprint lifted from the duct tape that was used to secure the bag over her head.

Detectives found a partial fingerprint on the tape that they believe belongs to the killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member