Identified! LA - St Martin Parish, UP5819, hit by truck on I-10, Dec'81 - Michele Elaine Oakes-Gautreaux Boutilier

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New to this but a friend of mine was the funeral director that buried and adopted her until the family could be found. I know it’s a long shot but this case matches the age eye color hair color and even the scar from a possible cesarean birth.

Missing Person Case

I know Mr Pellerin and he is a wonderful person. I know this weighs heavily on him. I have been posting on Canadian missing persons boards because her clothes were manufactured in Canada and I read somewhere she may have spoken French to a truck driver which could also tie her origins to Canada. Anyway I wouldn’t know how to officially Make a Match to even find out but I’ll keep researching
I’m from St. Martin parish and know Ray Pellerin. I’m glad to here how he’s taken care of this young lady. Hopefully she can one day be returned to her family. Even though I’m born and raised in the area, I had not heard of this case before Websleuths. The case is now occasionally showing up on my Fb newsfeed.

I am from Breaux Bridge as well. I have sought Mr Pellerins help with his knowledge of the bayou Teche when I was with the Teche project. Year after year he has posted his story about our Jane Doe in Breaux Bridge. He has done so much for helping us promote and protect the Bayou Teche. I have shared his post with native groups regarding missing persons in Canada since we work in North Dakota. She may have a Canadian connection. 37 years is a long time to have an unidentifiable case on your heart and mind. Even longer for a family missing a loved one.

I really thought so too! Sometimes I feel like a face just really stands out but It’s hard when you look at so many. I’ll keep at it

I submitted Vicki Maynard and Amber Scholz as possible matches for our Jane doe in Breaux Bridge then I ran across Ida Basco from Baton Rouge. There’s not much information for Ida but their nose shapes are on point.

Attachments

• 8A0390A9-2A22-4A58-8D78-8E870225D4FB.jpeg
    8A0390A9-2A22-4A58-8D78-8E870225D4FB.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 31
So I did receive a confirmation from LSU faces that they will try to match the two but how long does that usually take it’s been over 2 weeks

If both have DNA, the match itself might only take a couple of weeks. If they have to go looking for relatives of the missing person, it might be years.

Negative results come back faster than positive. Making a positive match usually requires double checking, and then it can take some time to notify relatives. There was a case in MA that took three years to confirm.

In a case like this where it was an accident, it will be up to the decedent's relatives whether to release any information. Often the only indication we get that a person has been identified is when their NAMUS page disappears.

thank you. I submitted two so I’ll just wait. I appreciate the quick response!!

NAMUS Rule Outs - 07/10/20

Nolan, Georgia - MP1295
11/25/1976 - Harlan, KY

O'Con, Alma - MP10862
06/09/1981 - Caddo, LA

Shinn, Mary - MP10738
07/20/1978 - Columbia, AR

Timm, Nadine - MP8385
11/16/1965 - Will, IL

thank you. I submitted two so I’ll just wait. I appreciate the quick response!!
According to NamUs, Amber Scholz has now been ruled out.

This Jane Doe's NamUs page was modified today.

Here is the list of rule outs with the most recent rule out first.

MP35284 Deborah Farmer 06/01/1981 Oklahoma OK
MP9573 Amber Scholz 11/08/1981 Sweetwater WY
MP10862 Alma O'Con 06/09/1981 Caddo LA
MP8385 Nadine Timm 11/16/1965 Will IL
MP10738 Mary Shinn 07/20/1978 Columbia AR
MP1295 Georgia Nolan 11/25/1976 Harlan KY

I live in this area and I haven't seen any updates. There’s an article or two every year on Facebook. Pellerin’s Funeral provided and donated burial services for this lady. Ray Pellerin, the funeral home owner sees to it that this story is brought to the attention of the Acadiana region. I-10 runs through St.Martin Parish.

She has been identified as per St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Dept.
Identified as Michele Elaine Oakes Boutilier (AKA Michele Oakes-Gautreaux)
1658174628545.pngUP5819 2.jpgUP5819.jpg1658174751557.png

On Jan. 22 of this year, Breaux said a Facebook message arrived on his office’s page that led to a potential match. DNA samples finally matched Boutilier with other family members.
“We would like to thank Dr. Teresa Wilson, Dr. Ginesse Listi, and the LSU FACES Lab staff for their assistance, guidance, and direction over the last several years,” said Breaux. “We cannot express enough the appreciation we had for your accessibility and willingness to answer the many questions that we had. Thank you also to the University of North Texas Health Science Center for Human Identification and the Louisiana State Police Crime Laboratory for your assistance in reference to this case.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back