GUILTY LA - Talaija Dorsey, 12, St James, 1 July 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can I link what I am 99% sure is her mom's Facebook page?

There is a picture of the children on the first day of school in their uniforms standing in front of the cane field. Obviously, it is very very close to where they live! The picture breaaaaaks my heart! The kids seem well taken care of and loved. I can't imagine...........

Mother's fiancé indicted in murder of 12-year-old girl in St. James Parish

By Emily Lane, NOLA.com - The Times-Picayune
on July 08, 2014 at 1:18 PM, updated July 08, 2014 at 4:22 PM

A grand jury indicted John Celestine, 43, Tuesday (July 8) on a charge of first-degree murder, St. James Parish District Attorney Ricky Babin said. The indictment comes two days after Louisiana State Police began processing forensic evidence from the scene where the child's body was discovered.

[...]

"No matter what we find from here on out, I still think we have enough (for a conviction)," Babin said.

Attachments

• talaija dorsey-Celestine-Indictment.pdf
    275.2 KB · Views: 47
http://wgno.com/2014/07/10/prayer-vigil-for-12-year-old-talajia-dorsey/#axzz3780bcoSi

Talaija Dorsey went missing last Tuesday; now the family is planning her funeral. In a show of support hundreds gathered in St. James Parish Thursday to remember the little girl investigators are calling a murder victim.

Plates were sold at a fundraiser for Dorsey’s family. So too were pink and purple t-shirts. People who attended a balloon release were asked to write heart-felt messages and release their pain.

“The pink was the last color shirt she was seen in and the purple was her favorite color; so it’s all about her,” neighbor Chanreyelle Jetson said.

I was afraid of that because she was found out in the open after several days.. I was afraid the cause of death would be hard to determine. It's been hot down here. I'm guessing she was smothered or strangled. Surely a bullet wound, knife wound, or blunt force trauma could have been determined? I hate typing this words in reference to a child. I have no experience or background to back up my guess, it's just speculation & my opinion.

I am infuriated once again that a beautiful young life has been taken. This literally makes me sick. I also wonder about the mother... doesn't seem like LE suspects her involvement or knowledge in any way. I am so curious to know how LE believes it went down. If mom is clueless, my heart breaks for her as well to find out that the man she loved and planned to marry could do this to her child. She must be devastated. It's just so much worse when someone you know & love is responsible. Bless this sweet girl and may she fly with the angels evermore.

:rose:

I don't think they were looking for the car. They have his car. They want to know where it was seen during that time frame.

So many lives lost too soon. :tantrum:

Yes, apparently that was an error. The statement that LE was looking for the car been removed from the article.

http://www.wafb.com/story/26004927/many-supporters-attend-funeral-of-talaija-dorsey

Dozens of people packed Mt. Calvary Baptist Church in St. James Parish to lay Talaija Dorsey to rest...

There were so many people that some were standing outside watching the service from a television. Among them was Shaun Smith, Dorsey’s P.E. teacher. He said she was a regular girl who just wanted to have fun...

He said although she is gone you can just look around and see how many lives she's brought together. “That shows you how special she was or the impact that she had. Not just on the community, but the entire parish,” said Smith.

From April 2016:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...cle_2e2e39f4-83e9-5690-a20a-27656f1e5062.html

St. James sheriff’s Capt. Claude Louis Jr. testified Wednesday that he had spotted a single flip-flop with a flower design in the trunk the night of July 1, 2014, and had called over Talaija’s sister, Janea Dorsey, to identify the footwear.

“That’s what Talaija was wearing,” Louis said Janea Dorsey screamed.

After dropping his head, Celestine, 45, the longtime live-in fiancé of Talaija’s mother, Emma Dorsey, then shouted: “ ‘That’s not how it went down. It didn’t go down like that,’ ” Louis said.

It was at that point, Louis testified Wednesday at the St. James Parish Courthouse in Convent, that Celestine went from concerned stepfather of a missing child to a criminal suspect and was read his Miranda rights.

Those newly disclosed details about the sheriff’s probe into Talaija’s high-profile disappearance the morning of July 1, 2014, and subsequent slaying came to light as Celestine’s defense attorney argued that the Miranda warning came too late.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back