GUILTY LA - Taylor Adams, 15, beaten to death in her LaPlace home, 5 Dec 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no not on here. Trust me they'd hear it from me if they did. I was reading news articles and they had plenty blaming Taylor for wearing makeup and being friends or dating a 27 year old and letting him in and blaming the mother for leaving her alone...makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh my. That's horrible.
Some people are just heartless Linds.

Yeah they are. I hope to God her mother didn't see any of the posts. Shes going through enough already but,people don't understand that cause,they didn't find they're 15 year old beaten to death in their bed.

Whatever the relationship was or wasn't between this young girl and the suspect...people need to be aware that it is not ok for young teenaged girls to be friends with grown men. I don't know if this was the case here, but we are seeing this far too often and always, too late. No 27-year old man has any business doing more than nodding in passing to a teenage girl, in my opinion, if they are not related. It is never going to be a good thing...

Yeah well you know what? She was friends with him,mistake or not and he killed my friend <modsnip>,its over with. I assure you that teenagers will keep being friends with older people no matter how wrong people think it is.

Whatever the relationship was or wasn't between this young girl and the suspect...people need to be aware that it is not ok for young teenaged girls to be friends with grown men. I don't know if this was the case here, but we are seeing this far too often and always, too late. No 27-year old man has any business doing more than nodding in passing to a teenage girl, in my opinion, if they are not related. It is never going to be a good thing...

Great post, cluciano

I'm glad they caught the :furious: That poor mama..

Yeah well you know what? She was friends with him,mistake or not and he killed my friend so theres no use to keep bringing up how horrible it is for them to be friends,its over with. I assure you that teenagers will keep being friends with older people no matter how wrong people think it is.

Linds, I know it's hard for you to read things like that because you knew Taylor. But, that's what we do here. We discuss all aspects of the case.
Nobody is putting down on Taylor.

<modsnip> i just wanted to say thank you so much for all the people who helped me investigate and find out who did it and all the support i had through this rough time. I truly thank the people who supported me and made me feel better while everything was going on.

Hi
I just wanted to post this morning in response to the mini drama behind this horrible death!
I'm sorry to Linds for her pain! When I joined several weeks ago, I never thought I would actually be using this site for personal reasons.
Yesterday was a tough day and I'm sorry if I snapped or offended anyone.
The members on here have been nothing but wonderful and helpful.
I do agree that men should not be visiting a young girl 15, ever.
Teens do not have the ability to deal with complex situations,relationships. And people will take advantage.
I hope Linds will stay and be a member.
Emotions run high and people understand.
My poor son had a rough day and he does not know what to do with his anger either. He says he wanted to beat the guy up (:
then he is mad cause he couldn't have stopped it.
Ahhhh
now I'm wondering, if this guy was so good in Karate, why did he use a weapon,frying pan? Highly unlike a martial artist technique..

Well,i won't be posting on here anymore but,i just wanted to say thank you so much for all the people who helped me investigate and find out who did it and all the support i had through this rough time. I truly thank the people who supported me and made me feel better while everything was going on.

Linds, you are always welcome here. You might reconsider posting again because we generally follow cases until justice is served. This thread may be moved at some time to the awaiting trial forum. :)

now I'm wondering, if this guy was so good in Karate, why did he use a weapon,frying pan? Highly unlike a martial artist technique..

He took karate up until at least his teen years for sure. I'm sure while he was drugged up, he wasn't thinking much anyway..as far as using any taught technique. Not sure of the situation but since there was a struggle and Taylor fought back, maybe he picked up the closest thing to him and used it. I don't know what type of frying pan it was exactly but I know my grandma always kept her cast iron skillet on the stove. That's what keeps going thru my head, unfortunately.

I hope he gets the death penalty or is killed in jail. I bet the coward ran from the US Marshal's because he thought they would shoot him & he'd die...so he wouldn't go to jail. Such a coward.

Edited to Add:

he was no MMA fighter or top knotch skilled martial art expert... simple had the background after years of Karate.

He took karate up until at least his teen years for sure. I'm sure while he was drugged up, he wasn't thinking much anyway..as far as using any taught technique. Not sure of the situation but since there was a struggle and Taylor fought back, maybe he picked up the closest thing to him and used it. I don't know what type of frying pan it was exactly but I know my grandma always kept her cast iron skillet on the stove. That's what keeps going thru my head, unfortunately.

I hope he gets the death penalty or is killed in jail. I bet the coward ran from the US Marshal's because he thought they would shoot him & he'd die...so he wouldn't go to jail. Such a coward.

Edited to Add:

he was no MMA fighter or top knotch skilled martial art expert... simple had the background after years of Karate.

Unfortunately, I've seen way too many "martial artists" who had no other aim in learning the art than to feel more powerful and intimidating. I hate to stereotype people, but I've just seen that cocky attitude too many times. For people like that, learning karate does much more harm than good.

Granted, this guy's savagery would've been present with or without karate training. It just saddens me so much he probably had an ego boost with his martial arts history.

I really wish some of his karate buddies could've been there to protect Taylor.

I'm heading to the vigil ... I'll come back and let yall know how it went...I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Thanks, CajunGirl! Looking forward to your recap of the vigil.

:blowkiss:

May GB Taylor's Mom, family, and friends. Rest in Heavenly Peace, Taylor.

The vigil was absolutely beautiful. My heart aches for Taylor's mom, family and friends. There were approximately 150 people...maybe more... that showed up in the cold to pray and celebrate Taylor's life. She is very loved. Her mom will need everyone's prayers. We released pink balloons and it was amazing how they all stayed together until they went out of sight. www.abc26.com is the news station that was present and they will probably have a story and video posted shortly.

I'm so glad a WS'er was able to make it. Thank you, CajunGirl. We were with you all in spirit. Taylor will be remembered. I hope her family eventually finds some peace.

The vigil was absolutely beautiful. My heart aches for Taylor's mom, family and friends. There were approximately 150 people...maybe more... that showed up in the cold to pray and celebrate Taylor's life. She is very loved. Her mom will need everyone's prayers. We released pink balloons and it was amazing how they all stayed together until they went out of sight. www.abc26.com is the news station that was present and they will probably have a story and video posted shortly.
Thanks for sharing with us, CG. I thought about driving over there after work, but I wouldn't have made it in time.

This is the video link. It's only 16 seconds, but the balloon lift is beautiful.

http://www.abc26.com/videobeta/0a2e...mily-are-remembering-15-year-old-Taylor-Adams

HomeBlogsCrimesider .Crimesider
December 9, 2010 12:06 PM
Taylor Adams Update: Neighbor Arrested in Beating Death of La. Teen
Posted by Edecio Martinez

LA PLACE, La. (CBS/WWL) A 27-year-old Louisiana man is in custody for the death of 15-year-old Taylor Adams, whose body was found bloodied and beaten in her home early Sunday.

U.S. Marshals captured Earnest Joseph III, shortly after it was announced that a warrant had been issued for his arrest Wednesday afternoon, according to the St. John Parish Sheriff's Office.

Joseph will be charged with first-degree murder in Taylor's death.

Sheriff Wayne Jones told CBS affiliate WWL that Joseph was captured around 3:50 p.m. and that when he saw the Marshals he attempted to run.

more
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20025148-504083.html

Just returned from Taylor's wake. Couple hundred people showed up to pay their respects. Beautiful child...taken way to soon :(

Just returned from Taylor's wake. Couple hundred people showed up to pay their respects. Beautiful child...taken way to soon :(
That had to be tough, CG. My thoughts are with you and Linds, and Colleen and her son. The pain from a tragedy like this is so far reaching. I'm sorry for all who have been touched by it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23
Back