LA LA - Willard "Bill" Daspit Jr, 58, going to his camp 3 doors away, dirt bike & glasses found in wreck 100 yds from home, Coteau Holmes, 9 Sep 2023

I’m from the area and I sometimes take a drive (about 20 mins from me) and look around the area and further on where he was last seen. How can one vanish out of thin air? There are many sugarcane fields out that way, and it is cane cutting season. Hope this isn’t the case but maybe he will be found. IMO, it is way too hard to search a cane field, much less many of them. I hope I am wrong, but I’ve had a feeling for a while that once the fields are cut, he may be located. I’d love nothing more than for Mr. Daspit to prove me wrong on this one! Caj1977, I too am very disappointed in the Sheriffs dept. as well as the media. Early on I wanted to join one of the search parties and it was hard finding info on that.

Now that weather is cooler, maybe more search parties will go out?
There was a man in one of the articles that said he would search for Mr. Daspit for 10 years if he had to. Surely he would be willing to have help?
Lara is “interesting.”

Now that weather is cooler, maybe more search parties will go out?
There was a man in one of the articles that said he would search for Mr. Daspit for 10 years if he had to. Surely he would be willing to have help?
Lara is “interesting.”
I’d be willing to help with anything they need. Did you see any of the Dr. Phil show with Bill and Lara? I don’t watch those shows and debated on whether or not to watch it. I did watch a little of it. Interesting is a good way to describe the Mrs.!

I’d be willing to help with anything they need. Did you see any of the Dr. Phil show with Bill and Lara? I don’t watch those shows and debated on whether or not to watch it. I did watch a little of it. Interesting is a good way to describe the Mrs.!
Is it on YouTube or somewhere?

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed. It seems some members need to refresh their understanding of TOS.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Does anybody have a link to the videos (apparently, one of him walking down the street, and another of him “in the store”)?

Also, does anybody know the exact (exact) locations where he was reported seen: sitting in the ditch along Banker Road at around 8:30, and then later walking along Banker Rd at around 9:00?

I wonder if WD had an injury that resulted in a medical emergency while riding his dirt bike that eventually worsened as he walked away from the scene - maybe brain swelling or a blood sugar issue or both, possibly leading to diabetic coma or even a stroke. All just speculation.

If that is what happened, it seems he would be within a mile or two of where he was last seen on Banker, but I’m sure searches have been done in those areas. Really sad

View attachment 447354

Sept 15

IBERIA PARISH, La. — Volunteers are needed for a search party for a missing Coteau Holmes man.

The search is happening Saturday at the Coteau Holmes Park beside the fire station at noon.

Sept 12

St. Martin Parish deputies are searching for missing Coteau Holmes man after he was reported missing Monday afternoon.

Willard William Daspit Jr., 58, was last seen around 10 a.m. Sunday after he left his home to travel to a nearby residence in the 1600 block of Bayou Alexander Highway.

Lara Vergenal, Daspit's wife, said he left Sunday morning on his dirt bike to go check on his camp three houses down the road. When he didn't return that night, she assumed his dirt bike broke down and she went to the camp to check in but the gate was locked.

She found his bike Monday in a ditch 100 yards from their home. Daspit was wearing a helmet but it was found at the wreckage along with his prescription glasses.
"We don't understand. He wrecked 100 yards from the house," Vergenal said, "We have dogs and he walked right past the barking dogs. We don't understand it, he must have hit his head."

Vergenal believes Daspit was struck by a vehicle or ran off the road. Daspit suffered a head injury in February and suffers from glaucoma and diabetes. She said he is likely disoriented, confused and blind.

"He grew up on a motorcycle from the age of 3," Vergenal said, "He's part motorcycle, so for him to lose control, something happened."

Vergenal was sent footage from residents on Facebook of Daspit walking near the Coteau Holmes volunteer fire station nearly three miles away from their home and there were later reports that he was seen near Banker Road about five miles away. She said sheriff's deputies searched the woods around their home and now have focused their search efforts around Banker Road and the fire station.

"Tell him his wife is looking for him. He's a quiet introvert. He's not going to go up to someone's house and knock on the door," Vergenal said. "I need him to come home so I can take care of him."

Vergenal said local search parties are meeting at the Coteau Holmes volunteer fire station on 1860 Coteau Holmes Highway.

Daspit was last seen with no shirt, blue jean shorts, a baseball hat, and tennis shoes. He is 5'10", 218 lbs. and has hazel eyes and brown hair. Daspit goes by the name Bill.

If anyone has any information as to his whereabouts, they are asked to contact the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office by calling 337-394-3071 or via Facebook messenger.

Sept 15

ST. MARTIN PARISH, La. (KLFY) — The search continues for missing Coteau Holmes man Willard Daspit Jr.

According to Joseph Richard, who is spearheading the search, he and many others in the community have looked tirelessly searching for Daspit who has been missing since Sunday.

“I have not missed a night yet. “(I) lay in bed and think about where he could be (or) where would I go if I was in that situation,” said Richard.

“We were out last night with thermal vision scopes,” said Richard. “We had crews walk the woods at night. I’d go down the road (and) turn the truck off to scream his name and listen to see if I can hear anything. I would hear nothing.”

Richard says even though it has been almost a week since Daspit disappeared, he is not giving up hope because he says he would want someone looking for him if he was in the same situation.

“I’ll never give up hope,” he said. “I will be looking for him 10 years from now if he’s not found.”

Just started following. What is meant by his “camp” ? TIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dahliaf