Laciner

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2. The phone number on the sheet near the word Laciner is 818-356-7300. It is currently used by a company called Joe's Barbershop at 13220 Maclay St. Since 818 split and was later overlaid, when researching that number we should also be looking at 626 and 747 area codes.Quoted from ClaireNC (above) Sorry I'm not very good at this quoting thing. I have not figured how to quote just part of a message yet.

Please see my previous message in the Notes Section, this number does not belong to Joe's Barbershop and therefore likely has something to do with Laciner. I think the only way to check is to look at a phone book from 1988 in the area since there does not seem to be any info located on the internet. When I have time I might stop by the San Fernando Library to see if they have an old phone book. The prefix for this number is from the San Fernando/Sylmar area (the same area as Joe's) but DOES NOT belong to Joes.

I'm also pretty sure its an 818 since she wrote 818 and in 1988 when this is thought to have been written that area was still 818. I found it strange that you mentioned a 747 area code. I've lived here all my life and have never heard of that area code. I did see it is listed for this area but I think we can scratch it from our inquiries.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/LAs-Most-Exclusive-Area-Code-747-68666667.html

Thanks, facsinatingstuff^^

I adjusted the wording of my post. It looks like the 747 area code has been assigned for use by a few cell phone companies. The numbers might not yet be in use.

I agree that we need to look at other phone books from the 1980's and early 1990's. It would be great if you could go to the local library and check! Please let us know what you find out.

On a note, Jeung had an address in the 818 area code in Sherman Oaks area. Not sure on dates. She has not gotten back with my "contact" yet on any other questions. :(

I think the Turks and Armenians hate each other. The Armenians have caused the Turks of genocide.

Another coincidence (?) is that the FBI stepped up their investigation of the AP gang in 2010. There were some small busts and then the big Operation Power Outage you sent the link on. If FLEK was somehow running away from it, it could be that someone started putting pressure on her and that is why she feel apart in 2010.

I also had forgotten about the phone number link to the gang task force. Seems like a number of little things pointing in that direction. I feel like I could make up a very crazy story about FLEK being involved in some part of a large identity theft operation. But really the only evidence of illegal activity we have is her getting a false ID. I really wish we could see her tax returns. I would love to know what her reported income was and where it was coming from. By all accounts there is little money to be made in mystery shopping, so if she was reporting larger income, that might be an indicator of some illegal activity.

I believe the Police Gang Task Force phone number on her notes page was at the time in late 80's just the "General" Hollywood Police number when she would have likely written the note between 84-88... I don't think it became linked to the Hollywood gang detecitive until a few years later - I would need to refresh my memory and go back to the old Hollywood phone directory to confirm-

I believe the Police Gang Task Force phone number on her notes page was at the time in late 80's just the "General" Hollywood Police number when she would have likely written the note between 84-88... I don't think it became linked to the Hollywood gang detecitive until a few years later - I would need to refresh my memory and go back to the old Hollywood phone directory to confirm-

KD, Hate to see you duplicating efforts. It has already been confirmed "In the 1980’s, 818-989-8824 was the main telephone number for the North Hollywood police station. The police station moved in the early 1990’s, and while the main telephone number changed, the 8824 number was reassigned as the direct number for a task force of anti-gang officers."

Blurg! I know somewhere someone started to try and figure out when the notes page would have been written. I looked in a bunch of threads but couldn't find it. It was based largely on when areas codes where created and split I think. If anyone can repost that here it would be helpful.

My point is that we don't know when the page was written. Was it in the 80's when that would have been general police phone number or was it written after it became the gang number? Was it before she was married or after? I mean we all just assume because it was in her secret lock box that it must hold clues to her past but I have to say, I have a piece of paper sitting next to me right now covered with scribbles of notes on LEK that have nothing to do with me at all.

Not that I think that is the case, but I just wanted to point out we are making a lot of assumptions.

Blurg! I know somewhere someone started to try and figure out when the notes page would have been written. I looked in a bunch of threads but couldn't find it. It was based largely on when areas codes where created and split I think. If anyone can repost that here it would be helpful.

My point is that we don't know when the page was written. **snipped my Mandiedq*

Not that I think that is the case, but I just wanted to point out we are making a lot of assumptions.

That was me! :seeya: Here is what I wrote:

Assuming the 818-356-7300 is a phone number (as the 818 is on a different line), that would place this note written AFTER January 7, 1984 which is when that area code was created.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_codes_747_and_818

AND

The Phone number next to Tuscon is assigned to a contractor currently. 602 used to be the area code for AZ until the 90s (see link below) when they got multiple area codes. That phone number would certainly be a good lead to follow up on. 602-887-2926 (now 520 instead of 602).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_602

We settled on it having been written between Jan 7, 1984 and likely before 1995. A least that part of the note that includes the Tuscon information and the area code 818. Hope that helps.

For future reference, the info is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215620&page=2

ETA: It appears the number for the contractor has been their number since the 80s although the area code changed which gives support to this part of the note being written before 1995.

That was me! :seeya: Here is what I wrote:

Thanks! That is exactly the logic I was looking for!!!

It is so frustrating that even with all the thread getting sorted, I still can't find stuff quickly

It is so frustrating that even with all the thread getting sorted, I still can't find stuff quickly

Well, I found it on my first try. Since you said it was about the notes, I went straight to the note page. You can also search the whole "Mysterious woman from Longview Texas" thread by going here:

Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And then clicking on "Search this Forum". I'm providing this screen shot to help you find it.

2m5bfk9.jpg

I am having a slow-brain day. I know about the search, but couldn't think of what to search. Dates? everything I could think of as search terms seemed like ti would just bring up to many things.

But the real brain fart is that I thought I looked through all the notes pages (there are only 4) and I didn't see it.

This is my brain telling me it is time to go to bed :)

As mandiedg said, It is generally believed that the notes page was in the mid 1980's to early 1990's. We don't have any hard evidence to support this, but it is inferred by the various area codes and telephone numbers reported on the page.

Some of us have been following this case for over a year. The first thread here was started in March 2012, well before we had all the facts reported by Seattle Times. So please just ask if there is something you are looking for and we might be able to help develop your search.

The thread was just split into topics a few weeks ago. The mod team does not have the resources to go back and categorize everything that was already written. So again, if there is something you are looking just ask and hopefully somebody will come along and help.

I think the note is the 1983-1984 date range. Mountain Bell was changed to US West in 1983. I worked for "Ma Bell" and after the 1982 divestiture the CNA service in the note gradually became obsolete.

I think the note is the 1983-1984 date range. Mountain Bell was changed to US West in 1983. I worked for "Ma Bell" and after the 1982 divestiture the CNA service in the note gradually became obsolete.

This is a great point and the many changes that resulted from the breakup of "Ma Bell" certainly makes the numbers on the Note Page harder for people to understand.

While your theory that the note was written in 1983-1984 might be the right one, I just want to point out another view. If she was doing research in the late 1980's, she would most likely be doing it in a library where a lot of the reference materials would have been published earlier in that decade. That might be why some of the numbers and notes are crossed off. She realized she was chasing a lead with old information and needed to redirect.

Bookman made a post about a book that was published in 1984 that contained information about CNA numbers. If the book was published in 1984, it could have very well been written before the CNA service become obsolete. If FLEK was using that book or something like it to help with her research, she would have been relying on old information without realizing it.

I am writing this from the perspective of somebody that did a lot of "business intelligence" research before the internet.

Wow. If the notes page was written in 83-84 that would mean that it was written 5 years before she changed her identity. That seems huge to me. Because it means asking people connected to the notes like Ben Perkins or Jeung if they knew LEK or LEKR pointless because they would know her previous name. You would really have to show them a photo and if they only talked over the phone even that wouldn't help jog forgotten memories.

Wow. If the notes page was written in 83-84 that would mean that it was written 5 years before she changed her identity. That seems huge to me. Because it means asking people connected to the notes like Ben Perkins or Jeung if they knew LEK or LEKR pointless because they would know her previous name. You would really have to show them a photo and if they only talked over the phone even that wouldn't help jog forgotten memories.

Then we would hope she ade an odd enough request or impression to stick. If her only contact was via phone or limited face to face time they may have never learned her name.

Anyway, I think the Laciner angle holds the most potential. If the notes page originated pre-name change, Laciner could have very well been her connection to Dallas or "the other side" of her identity change. I really hope something comes of that!

has there been any discussion regarding why she would have kept that paper and/or those documents for over twenty years?

we know she spent an inordinate amount of time/effort changing her identity and went to great lengths to keep it concealed (not even mentioning it in an eleven page suicide note)...so why keep a lock box in a closet full of stuff she'd likely never need again? why not just burn it? she successfully created a new identity. she didn't need bst's birth certificate, she didn't need any of the old forged documents.

she certainly didn't seem to bring anything from her old life into her new identity so what are possible reasons she would have kept a piece of paper with a bunch of random notes on it?

has there been any discussion regarding why she would have kept that paper and/or those documents for over twenty years?

we know she spent an inordinate amount of time/effort changing her identity and went to great lengths to keep it concealed (not even mentioning it in an eleven page suicide note)...so why keep a lock box in a closet full of stuff she'd likely never need again? why not just burn it? she successfully created a new identity. she didn't need bst's birth certificate, she didn't need any of the old forged documents.

she certainly didn't seem to bring anything from her old life into her new identity so what are possible reasons she would have kept a piece of paper with a bunch of random notes on it?

Well I was wondering about why she'd keep the birth certificate - wouldn't she still need that even after her name change? I know I keep a copy of my birth certificate because there have been times in my life when I need it (or may need it) - when you change your name, you don't get a new birth certificate, do you? I thought when she applied for her passport she used her BST birth certificate + the letter signed by a judge authorizing a name change. As for why she kept the notes page...I have no idea...

Well I was wondering about why she'd keep the birth certificate - wouldn't she still need that even after her name change? I know I keep a copy of my birth certificate because there have been times in my life when I need it (or may need it) - when you change your name, you don't get a new birth certificate, do you? I thought when she applied for her passport she used her BST birth certificate + the letter signed by a judge authorizing a name change. As for why she kept the notes page...I have no idea...

in my limited experience they update your birth certificate with your new name when you legally change it. maybe that's not universally true?

in any case, i can't imagine a scenario once she was married where she'd pull out the birth certificate...it would blow her cover.

As lollygag, said, she used the birth certificate, along with the court document for the name change, to get her passport. We don't know if they ever reissued a birth certificate under the name Lori Erica Kennedy. If they did, it probably would have also been in the box.

As for the note, we don't know if that note was actually in the box or if it was the only note of its kind. We have only been shown what the SSA investigator chose to share and what the Seattle Times decided to print.

I cant remember if i posted this or not. It gives a real name that is not a guess or assumption, and a time frame.

Attachments

• Firefox2013071508194629.jpg
    Firefox2013071508194629.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 165

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members