Lana Rae Meisner, wife of Eagles founder Randy Meisner killed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, one of the early links said there's CCTV everywhere in the house. If correct, then the incident could have been recorded.

This is exactly what is being reported...although I'm not sure of the acceptability of the links on here....

Regardless of the outcome re: cause of death, the media certainly is doing a lot of victim shaming by bringing up her past. She might have done those things but why bring them up when she's dead? Has nothing to do with how, why, or anything regarding her death. What a shame.

First of all , I am not in any way shape or form disagreeing with you here.
But I have to add that the same goes for Randy...I have seen so many people bluntly state.." He killed her ...I know he did " .... And I find that unfair as well.
We do not know all the facts yet , just what has been reported.
The only official thing I have seen was a tweet from LAPD that the death was ruled an accident.
So I personally am holding out on judgement for now.
I think it is a very sad situation and has been for years now.
We have two co-dependent addicts in a dysfunctional,lifestyle ....combine alcohol, drugs ...and perhaps even a little bit of mental,issues , and happily ever after can hardly be expected .
Sad for all involved , but I have seen just as much dragging Randy's name though the mud as I have seen Lanas.
If it was indeed an accident ,He as her husband who also found her body, is a victim as well.
I find him being dragged through the mud a shame as well, at this point in time .
But that's just my opinion.

Hi NSS,

I'm curious was it confirmed by LAPD that Randy was drunk when the first call that day was made by Lana. I've read so many articles, I read a few recounting their past domestic calls having alcohol being a factor but don"t recall that specifically being said by police about this particular incident. I read a release on LAPD site that quoted an officer stating the first call did not involve any physical altercation. Not being snarky, just wanting to know.
I read that in the Opening post, sorry.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...agles-founder-randy-meisner/story?id=37463566

The police report declared, "After a thorough investigation by Valley Bureau detective personnel and the Los Angeles Coroner’s Office, it was determined that Mrs. Meisner’s death was accidental

The LAPD also confirmed they'd visited the Meisners' home earlier the same day, noting that at around 5:30 p.m. local time, officers responded to "a radio call of a woman asking for police assistance for a possibly intoxicated male suspect" at the home. "The officers took a domestic violence incident report and left the location," the report stated.

There were only 2 people in the home. Lana was the only female, so she made the call.
She would know that he had been drinking.
Officers took a domestic violence incident report, so an allegation of some sort was made.
It doesn't sound like the husband then went to bed.
Whatever happened following that, a wife ends up in a closet.
Personally that signifies fear/hiding and she was holding a gun case.

There are reports that this was a normal domestic disagreement, do people usually call LE for the average disagreement. Whatever was occurring at 5pm was scarey enough for her to call the police. IMHO

Where did you read that she was IN a closet HOLDING a gun case ?
The statement I read from police had her rummaging around in a closet looking for something and the gun falling down .....
I am not being confrontational or anything, I would just like to read that as that is not how I have read it reported as of yet.
Also , I have read various reports over the years of police being called to the home by both parties ....she in fear of her life...and he in fear of his life...so I guess for them it was an almost normal occurrence,
Neighbors reported that police were always being called to the home.
Some said he was afraid of her...
Some said she was afraid of him...
Drugs , alcohol, firearms = recipe for disaster ...

Hi NSS,

I'm curious was it confirmed by LAPD that Randy was drunk when the first call that day was made by Lana. I've read so many articles, I read a few recounting their past domestic calls having alcohol being a factor but don"t recall that specifically being said by police about this particular incident. I read a release on LAPD site that quoted an officer stating the first call did not involve any physical altercation. Not being snarky, just wanting to know.

I haven't read that anywhere either ....
Just as I've never read that she was in a closet holding a gun ....

So if the rifle went off inside the case and hit Mrs Meisner then she must have been holding the barrel. Why?

Supposedly spurs shifted inside the case and caused the gun to fire. How does a spur shift inside the trigger guard and "pull the trigger" on this gun?

I don't know any of the background of this couple but even if I did it wouldn't make a difference. If I were Lana's family I would have to SEE the evidence. No way would I just accept the cause of death as accidental unless I saw it with my own eyes especially when there was a domestic disturbance shortly before it happened.

I don't mean this as confrontational but I don't believe in coincidence.

JMO

Ok...I did go back and find some articles stating she moved the gun,,,so many different reports...sigh ...

Ok...I did go back and find some articles stating she moved the gun,,,so many different reports...sigh ...

Agreed, this is the problem with the reporting of this incident, sensationalized and poor journalistic reporting. I agree with the poster, not sure if it was you, that questioned the validity of the sources we have been using, not reliable. But there doesn't seem to be more responsible news reporting on this situation.

I'm hesitant to say more about what I have read via various sources I have found regarding the conservatorship and things that Randy has pursued to get his life back together since the conservatorship. I don't want to break any rules.

So if the rifle went off inside the case and hit Mrs Meisner then she must have been holding the barrel. Why?

Supposedly spurs shifted inside the case and caused the gun to fire. How does a spur shift inside the trigger guard and "pull the trigger" on this gun?

I don't know any of the background of this couple but even if I did it wouldn't make a difference. If I were Lana's family I would have to SEE the evidence. No way would I just accept the cause of death as accidental unless I saw it with my own eyes especially when there was a domestic disturbance shortly before it happened.

I don't mean this as confrontational but I don't believe in coincidence.

JMO

There is a Facebook page for Randy Meisner fans, Lana's brother and his wife have posted messages of support for him and making sure his fans know that they and his many friends and family are there to support him.

Still no links for the talked about cctv footage. I dont care who has any sm page. I find it all questionable & a shame that its not gonna get more investigation basically because of who is involved. Imo. If it were my neighbor there would be more people questioning this.
I dont antagonize or call people to the mat for their own opinions or agendas. Imo this whole senerio sounds suspicious i dont care how 'famous'.the involved parties are. Which seems to be the sole reason some are so upset for the questioning. Whatever. The facts as they have been giving seems scarily suspicious.imo Thats all.

So the police had just left from the first call and had to be called back for the shooting. Interesting. IMO

Did you notice the "highly redacted" comment.TMZ had the first call, which had nothing on Lana speaking.Both tapes are very vague.

I wonder what kind of splicing and dicing they may be doing to the alleged CCTV footage.

As someone has many Rifles in my home the thing is 1.Why was a LOADED gun in a case? Even if it was Why was the safety not on? and 2. Common sense tells you spurs would scratch up gun stocks and they are not cheap. So your dealing with someone (him or her) that didn't care about the guns themselves and was using the gun case to hide other stuff in with them. As far as it being impossible to hit the trigger accidentally and a gun going off,Sorry but it does happen .If she was trying to get the gun out pulling on it (from barrel) it could happen...or picking the case up and stuff falling in the case to the stock end all it would have to do is hit the trigger if it heavy enough. I went a got the grand daughters spurs out to check the weight ..average spurs would be heavy enough IMO. Either way I'll be waiting for more info before I pick a side!

This article states lana was receiving threatening texts days before.I'm not sure where they are going with this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti
cle-3491939/Eagles-bassist-s-wife-received-stream-threatening-texts-days-shot-bizarre-accident-home-told-friend-no-guns-house.html

I just read that first wife and mother of his children filed for bankruptcy in 1997 for not paying income tax on her 40% share of Randy's royalty money. There are many PDF files on this.

As someone has many Rifles in my home the thing is 1.Why was a LOADED gun in a case? Even if it was Why was the safety not on? and 2. Common sense tells you spurs would scratch up gun stocks and they are not cheap. So your dealing with someone (him or her) that didn't care about the guns themselves and was using the gun case to hide other stuff in with them. As far as it being impossible to hit the trigger accidentally and a gun going off,Sorry but it does happen .If she was trying to get the gun out pulling on it (from barrel) it could happen...or picking the case up and stuff falling in the case to the stock end all it would have to do is hit the trigger if it heavy enough. I went a got the grand daughters spurs out to check the weight ..average spurs would be heavy enough IMO. Either way I'll be waiting for more info before I pick a side!

Actually by all past reports we are dealing with two people with substance abuse issues among other things .

I just read that first wife and mother of his children filed for bankruptcy in 1997 for not paying income tax on her 40% share of Randy's royalty money. There are many PDF files on this.
Right...not making a connection there..

What a strange, freak accident -- if that's indeed what it was.
Not trying to accuse unjustly.

Always liked listening to their music and sometimes still do just that when I'm online.

How sad that Randy should be able to enjoy living in his golden years with the fruits of the band's success -- instead he seems overcome by his addictions. :(

May Lana rest in peace !

Actually that Daily Mail article made Lana out to be another Jean Casem. A golddigger. If so, she was a victim of her own paranoia/circumstance. Who keeps cowboy boots in a gun safe???:thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back