Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that fear of contacting LE that someone in the country illegally may have. That doesn't give the person a pass for me, though. There are ways to contact LE anonymously when someone is in danger.

Also, we have no idea if this guy was in the country illegally. We know nothing about him, really.

So until we know more, rather than make things up like being an illegal alien for the sole reason of giving him excuses (why in the world would anyone want to give someone excuses for not warning someone they were going to be murdered???), I'm going to proceed on the only reasonable premise I can devise based on what we do know - that he simply didn't think there was any serious request that he murder anyone, and nobody was in danger.

You know, it's seriously starting to bother me how big a deal this LS is. I decided to google this phrase exactly:

kyron horman, landscaper

I got back About 1,300,000 citations! Yes 1.3 million!

So here we have: a) a LS whose identity isn't clear, not even to TH's attorneys at some point b) a LS whose background, hence credibility and vulnerability to LE inducement isn't know c) a LS who did not report an allegedly credible request to murder someone's husband (credible according to Kaine who attributed that to LE), d) a LS who may or may not have ever worked at Skyline School or known Kyron e) a LS whose vehicle type is to us unknown (imagine if he had a white truck! eeeck...I'm seeing white trucks everywhere, like so many of you!) f) a LS whose family situation we don't know, g) a LS whose prior interactions with children we don't know h) a LS whose financial situation we don't know i) a LS who seems to be...one of the prominent, although un-named, individuals in an alleged MFH plot, and from then a RO, divorce, and missing child investigation.

Yet this LS seems to have left fingerprints (metaphorically speaking) all over this whole big mess--and tragedy. When I found 1.3 MILLION hits on Kyron + landscaper, that shocked me.

Have there been other cases in which an unknown party, with an alias, protected by LE who doesn't even want to identify him/her to the court and someone's attorneys, was such a prominent part? Because it just boggles my mind--or what's left of it in this case!--how such an unknown party has wielded such clout and cause so many tidal waves.

Some day, the public needs to know who he is, and most importantly, why LE is shielding him so fiercely. Being a witness doesn't get you shielded status, as witness those called before the GJ. And look at how DDS was dragged through the public eye when so far, LE has proven nothing on her--in comparison to an unknown LS who failed in his duty to report this alleged MFH. Now, imagine that something had happened to KH--wow. Would he have found himself a suspect or arrested?

Not only did he fail in civic duty--and, IMHO, moral duty--he also left himself wide open in case something *did* happen to the potential murderee (is that a word??!!).

If he was the type that seemed like someone who would be available for a MFH plot, then he'd also be street smart enough to know that once he had this conversation, he'd later be fair game if anything happened to the potential victim.

I'm just kinda turning this over out loud. But I see too many impediments to the LS believing the MFH conversation was serious, too many unknowns about him, and the biggest unknown of all: why is LE affording him such extraordinary protection?

You know, it's seriously starting to bother me how big a deal this LS is. I decided to google this phrase exactly:

kyron horman, landscaper

LOL--wonder how many of them are from our forum?

I don't mean to be daft, but I am just not getting where this MFH is considered not serious. Who says it was not serious? Even Terri doesn't say it was not serious.

That's what people like us would do, Bean. But if he's involved in other activities he doesn't want the police to find out about, he's not going to care about the husband of some woman who came on to him and wanted him to kill. He's just going to tuck tail and run, and be glad that if the husband does end up dead, that it wasn't him who killed him. I want to think the best of people, but I also have experienced people that covering their hide is the most important thing to them. He didn't even come forward here - LE had to find him and only then did he talk.

It may well be, Aedrys, that I just can't get to a mindset that would leave Kaine going all those months at risk without doing something. It's a horrifying thought to me, that he would have been hung out to dry all that time, no clue what was going on, no clue he was in danger, and the landscaper didn't lift a finger to help him.

What leads you to believe he considered doing it? I haven't seen anything that indicates to me that he did, or that he did not, consider doing it. I just don't know.

Not Aedrys but I'll tell you what made me think he might have considered doing it, or at least given Terri to understand that he would consider.

While he said he had no intention of carrying out the plot, he did believe that he would be getting something from Terri.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Hormanprobelatest-97771724.html

It's not very explicit and I don't want to malign his reputation since this is just my speculation but I don't know why he was expecting to get something from Terri if he wasn't going to do what she asked.

"I'll give you lots of money and raunchy sex if you kill my husband."
"No, of course I won't."
"Okay, never mind, you're going to get raunchy sex anyway."

I realize it's just the way the reporter phrased this that links the murder plot and the getting something from Terri and maybe the getting something wasn't linked at all and wasn't going to be payment for the MFH but just mutual physical satisfaction or something.

I want to point out that we are getting dangerously close to sleuthing the LS when we suggest he is lying or has done something illegal. When there is a reason to sleuth him I will be first in line to try to figure this out. But until then we need to be careful.

I don't mean to be daft, but I am just not getting where this MFH is considered not serious. Who says it was not serious? Even Terri doesn't say it was not serious.

I may well be the only one saying that! :)

Not that a MFH plot isn't serious - it certainly would be - but that if Terri said something that led him to believe he was being solicited for a MFH, that he did not take it as a serious (sincere, real) request.

And my basic reason for that is that I have no firsthand info from the landscaper, Terri, or from LE. The little info I do have leads me to believe there was no actual plan. I certainly will change my mind should more info come to light.

Out of 1.3 million, not even a drop in a small bucket would be my guess.:waitasec:

I'm not sure how to respond to the rest of your comment, citigirl. TH isn't talking about anything on the advice of her attorney, at least as far as we know. And as for the MFH being "considered not serious"--huh? As far as we know, LE considered it serious enough to tell KH something about it and then that moved on to support KH's RO request and divorce proceedings.

At this point, the LS and the MFH plot don't get a huge amount of belief from me, but that could change if and when we know more about the LS and what actually happened. The failed sting also took credibility away from the whole thing, IMHO. But I'm just one person who's hanging out waiting for facts, facts, facts, facts. Wonder if we'll ever get them?

I want to point out that we are getting dangerously close to sleuthing the LS when we suggest he is lying or has done something illegal. When there is a reason to sleuth him I will be first in line to try to figure this out. But until then we need to be careful.

Huh? Has anyone here actually said "The LS is a criminal"? I haven't read anything like that, but if it's here, you're right, of course. However, the posting of questions and concerns about elements of this case is kinda why we're here, right?

Sleuthing someone to me would be ...well...sleuthing them and then posting "Hey guys! The LS's name is Billy Bob Roy Jack Fred Bubba Warren Smith Jr and he's been convicted before for DUI and he's actually an illegal Lithuianian who was brought over by the Russian mob but he ran away form them." Now, by cracky, *that* would be sleuthing! LOL

Huh? Has anyone here actually said "The LS is a criminal"? I haven't read anything like that, but if it's here, you're right, of course. However, the posting of questions and concerns about elements of this case is kinda why we're here, right?

Sleuthing someone to me would be ...well...sleuthing them and then posting "Hey guys! The LS's name is Billy Bob Roy Jack Fred Bubba Warren Smith Jr and he's been convicted before for DUI and he's actually an illegal Lithuianian who was brought over by the Russian mob but he ran away form them." Now, by cracky, *that* would be sleuthing! LOL

I didn't mean to aim that at you, Kat. Suggesting he is an illegal alien or involved in a ring of some typeis what I had in mind...:smoochiesmilie:

I didn't mean to aim that at you, Kat. Suggesting he is an illegal alien or involved in a ring of some typeis what I had in mind...:smoochiesmilie:

Thanks, citigirl! No harm done. :grouphug:

But doncha just love the Billy Bob Roy Jack theory?!

kyron horman, landscaper

So here we have: a) a LS whose identity isn't clear, not even to TH's attorneys at some point b) a LS whose background, hence credibility and vulnerability to LE inducement isn't know c) a LS who did not report an allegedly credible request to murder someone's husband (credible according to Kaine who attributed that to LE), d) a LS who may or may not have ever worked at Skyline School or known Kyron e) a LS whose vehicle type is to us unknown (imagine if he had a white truck! eeeck...I'm seeing white trucks everywhere, like so many of you!) f) a LS whose family situation we don't know, g) a LS whose prior interactions with children we don't know h) a LS whose financial situation we don't know i) a LS who seems to be...one of the prominent, although un-named, individuals in an alleged MFH plot, and from then a RO, divorce, and missing child investigation.

Yet this LS seems to have left fingerprints (metaphorically speaking) all over this whole big mess--and tragedy. When I found 1.3 MILLION hits on Kyron + landscaper, that shocked me.

Have there been other cases in which an unknown party, with an alias, protected by LE who doesn't even want to identify him/her to the court and someone's attorneys, was such a prominent part? Because it just boggles my mind--or what's left of it in this case!--how such an unknown party has wielded such clout and cause so many tidal waves.

Some day, the public needs to know who he is, and most importantly, why LE is shielding him so fiercely. Being a witness doesn't get you shielded status, as witness those called before the GJ. And look at how DDS was dragged through the public eye when so far, LE has proven nothing on her--in comparison to an unknown LS who failed in his duty to report this alleged MFH. Now, imagine that something had happened to KH--wow. Would he have found himself a suspect or arrested?

Not only did he fail in civic duty--and, IMHO, moral duty--he also left himself wide open in case something *did* happen to the potential murderee (is that a word??!!).

If he was the type that seemed like someone who would be available for a MFH plot, then he'd also be street smart enough to know that once he had this conversation, he'd later be fair game if anything happened to the potential victim.

I'm just kinda turning this over out loud. But I see too many impediments to the LS believing the MFH conversation was serious, too many unknowns about him, and the biggest unknown of all: why is LE affording him such extraordinary protection?

BBM

I googled "Terri Horman" just to see and there was 2,110,000 hits, talking about fingerprints so to speak lol.

I am not seeing LE protecting the LS at this point. They are protecting their investigation in (trying) to keep the whole investigation hush-hush. No different really from Terri & DeDe; LE has said basically nothing that I can remember off hand, except for the flyers. I really don't see any special treatment towards the LS by LE. I am surprised though the press hasn't sleuthed him out though and reported as they did others in this case.

On another site where someone claims to know DS, that someone said this Rudy person was in the courtroom. Now, I don't know if that's true at all, but if he was, it wouldn't surprise me, as apparently MC was subpoenaed by KH's side, so it makes sense they would subpoena this guy too, would it not?

:floorlaugh:
Was that a joke? I live in the South. That's a normal name here. :waitasec::waitasec:

My dad's family is deep, deep, deep south. I grew up with all that. (I'm half Yankee, half Dixie...). And I love telling people that his family won't be happy until I do right and marry a Billy Bob Roy Jack Fred ...etc. Haven't met him yet though.

Oh! OT--now, you talk about alias possibilities! Nothing like Sawthern names and nicknames!

Sincerely,

Doodlebug AKA Doodle

I am very sorry if I've crossed any lines suggesting that there is a possibility that a history of criminal activity or other reasons to avoid LE attention could explain why the LS did not come forward. I didn't consider it as sleuthing, just throwing out some possibilities. If we assume that he has nothing to hide whatsoever the whole thing becomes harder to understand IMO.

I have written that many latinos who are here illegally actually do use aliases. And other people's identities, SS#s.... And I have wondered aloud if the "landscaper" is one of those people. I am not sleuthing him at all.... I stand by what I wrote.It is based on living for many years in a latino community, and seeing these things play out firsthand...MOO

All JMO

I am very sorry if I've crossed any lines suggesting that there is a possibility that a history of criminal activity or other reasons to avoid LE attention could explain why the LS did not come forward. I didn't consider it as sleuthing, just throwing out some possibilities. If we assume that he has nothing to hide whatsoever the whole thing becomes harder to understand IMO.

Not aimed at anyone, Donjeta. I am tempted myself. It is such an important part of the case and we know so little.

It's hard to guess what TH was up to, if anything, without knowing more about him.

I agree with you-characterizing the man as an illegal alien because he has a Latino surname is making me very uncomfortable. Even if it gives him a good reason not to contact LE.

Just because his AKA is Latino-sounding, doesn't mean that he is actually Latino. (To my knowledge, Whoopi Goldberg is neither Jewish nor German in origin, which her surname might suggest.)

We just don't know.

Posting for reference on the alleged MFH plot

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS NO COMMENTS REGARDING THE JULY 8, 2010 YOUNG/HORMAN PRESS CONFERENCES
Posted: July 8th, 2010 6:48 PM

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences. The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

July 8 press conference:
http://www.katu.com/home/video/98077594.html

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS NO COMMENTS REGARDING THE JULY 4, 2010 OREGONIAN STORY
Posted: July 4th, 2010 10:07 AM

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported in the July 4, 2010 Oregonian. The information released in the Oregonian article did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

July 4 Oregonian story:

Landscaper tells detectives Terri Moulton Horman offered him money to kill her husband
Published: Sunday, July 04, 2010, 4:00 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

Transcription regarding the alleged murder for hire plot
July 8 press conference

Reporter: Kaine, why don't we get the, the big elephant in the room here out on the table. Today they unsealed the restraining order that you filed against Terri, grant(?) against Terri.

In it, you state that you believe she's involved in the disappearance of Kyron and you believe that she tried to hire someone to murder you.

What can you say, in first in generalities about your beliefs and how you came to them?

Kaine: Based on the briefings with law enforcement and the information provided, that's how I arrived at those conclusions.

Reporter: Was it a one fixed moment where you said, "Okay, now I feel this way."? or was it a lead up from the time Kyron disappeared to the time you were provided the information? Was it a quick decision or was it a, did you come to it slowly?

Kaine: It was a, we'll say a point in time decision, and it was based on a lot of information that was provided, so it wasn't a sudden, say reactionary type of decision that was made.

Reporter: When you finally sat with them, and said "I think she's involved here.", and you're provided information that she allegedly tried to have you killed, how do you process that? I mean this is, this is one of the people closest to you in your life
that now is allegedly betrayed you. How do you process that?

Kaine: I don't. Kyron's still missing. That's what's important. Will be dealt with later in a different venue, and right now it's not important.

http://www.katu.com/home/video/98077594.html

They were always very specific in stating that the info did not come from the Multnomah County Sherriff's office and that the MCS office has no comment. There were a lot of other LE agencies involved, could Kaine have been provided the information from one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA