Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE can't stand the Oregonian right now.

I think I cannot stand the Oregonian either LOL. If LE truly didn't want this on the street, (and of course I don't know that) then these media agencies are just running amok.

I am thinking...why would you approach a landscaper about something like this? <---I read too many mystery novels.

Maybe the guy looks the part? and how does one start that conversation?

"Love my lawn. Thanks. So, do you know anyone that would be interested in ....my husband...??"

Weird.

Terri divorced her other husbands. If the leak is true, so many questions raised as to why simply filing for divorce was not an option with Kaine. Custody. Custody. Custody. Perhaps.

~snipped a bit
BBM

I agree.

There is also a paragraph written by Pitkin that has always been curios and ominous to me. He placed this paragraph immediately after the discussion of the lawn:

"While we were talking, [Baby K] was following the cat toward a shed at the edge of the woods. Horman looked up, saw that [Baby K] had wandered about 30 feet away from her, and ran to pick the girl up."

I honestly think he was foreshadowing/telegraphing his take on all of this. IMO, whatever happened was driven by fear and protectiveness. And Baby K was a metaphor for a fear of losing any of her children, including Kyron.

Holy cow. I about fell off the couch when I saw this story online. I said to my husband (who get up at the crack of dawn, even on a holiday weekend, the nut) "LOOK AT THIS!!!" And he says, "Yeah, I saw that. It's on the front page of the paper." AAaaahhh!!! *This* he could wake me up for!

ITA that the WW reporter's discussion with TH about the yard takes on a different tone now--I really do think that he was seeing what she'd say about landscaping, that he knew about this already.

Wow. I'm just...wow.

<respectfully snipped>

Thanks PDX.

Gosh, doesn't that make my hopeful heart go a flutter.

Then again, isn't that rather a common sense request, isn't it? If you see Kyron in Portland, for goodness sakes call 911. Perhaps they've been getting local Kyron sighting calls to the tip-line and they don't get to LE fast enough to respond...

Interesting. I wonder if LE knew the article would be out, and they're hoping for a Kyron-drop in a public area over the weekend.

:praying:

Yes, of course it is common sense to call 911 if one thinks they've seen Kyron.. but why hadn't it all along?
Whya nd sofia said exactly the same as I was going to--911's a number I remember.. the tipline, not so much:
Wouldn't it be standard procedure to call 911 if you actually think you see the child in front of you, as opposed to having some general knowledge about the case, so that LE can respond faster, in case the people left the park, or what have you? I don't know, just speculating.

a

I think LE can't stand the Oregonian right now.

I know. They say the media can be your best friend or your worst enemy. I think LE is finding out about the enemy part. LE should never have allowed KH to piss off the press like that, and they should have done serious damage control after he did it. I think the gloves are off at this point as far as the Oregonian is concerned.

Not saying I agree with it necessarily, but LE should have seen this coming.

But what was the average temperature during the winter months?

Wouldn't the ground still be frozen. Still can't imagine landscaping in winter.

MOO

Well, for one thing ... the article doesn't say he did any work in the winter. He simply acknowledged he HAD been hired to do some work for them. The article says he was APPROACHED in the winter. Also, I've hired landscapers in winter to clear out and haul debris. The ground is not frozen in winter in Portland (not typically). Last winter I'm not sure if the temperatures even got to freezing here. Usually we are in the 40-55 degree range.

I just don't see why people are so confused about this ... landscapers work year round; some months are busier than others, but anyone who has a yard knows that you don't just leave it be for 6 months out of the year. (Well, you can, but it will be a mess come Spring if you do.)

I was awake at 4am, I just wasn't on the boards... good thing I wasn't, this would have woken me up FAST!

Holy $h!t.... I can honestly say, I did NOT see this one coming. In all the scenarios I had in my head... this was not one of them.

I'm quite certain this would be one of those "no that is not true" situations not one of those "no comment" situations from law enforcement. The "no comment" lends it some credibility. The landscaper gets some credibility because he is not out doing interviews.

I really wish these people would go to the cops when they are asked to kill someone... rather than after the person gets killed or after something else happens. You know... help PREVENT it from happening?

I know... what a concept, huh?

Le is sure fighting an uphill battle with the news agency releasing all this stuff.
Poor Kyron, this is turning into a circus and making it that much more difficult for LE.

JMHO

The good news is, we will not require another thread about Kaine & Co's evil conspiracy with the cooperative press to destroy our first amendment rights, the freedoms of the press, , free speech, right to assemble and so on.

yay. :angel:

Happy 4th. Let freedom ring! ;)

The good news is, we will not require another thread about Kaine & Co's evil conspiracy with the cooperative press to destroy our first amendment rights, the freedoms of the press, , free speech, right to assemble and so on.

yay. :angel:

Happy 4th. Let freedom ring! ;)

Always look for that bright side!

They didn't dig up anything on HIM.... they just dug up more on her. Yes he is the "victim" in this situation too... but I'm sure they could find someone to say something bad about him if that's what they were trying to do. I don't know that he was trying to avoid this being released.

I think he may have wanted them to dig harder...this helps me understand more why Kaine did what he did, why he's been walking around in a daze, imagine the shock he is in from this too.... and it also gives me more hope that Kyron could be alive. If she couldn't/didn't want to kill Kaine herself then why would she do it differently with Kyron?

He probably didn't want them releasing any information because it could jeopardize the investigation and TH's willingness to cooperate if she suspected something, which is why he stated they weren't being "team" players....the "team" being Kaine, Desiree, and LE and those media seem to be out for themselves wanting to be the first to report breaking info.

Wow. Apparently I cannot log into this forum without seeing another crazy headline. Holy Moly!

LE, your denials and "no comments" meaning nothing to me anymore. I think you just say that to say that and nothing else. This is just nuts and you have no comment? WTF?

I'm thinking she figured if she divorced him, she'd lose custody of her daughter to him. I can see that being a reason to not just go with a divorce this time. The last two times I don't think were so complicated and I think she came out on top each time. That wouldn't be the case this time (why for sure, I don't know, but I have the feeling that she thought things wouldn't be so rosy in the divorce this time). Plus, Kaine makes a lot of money working at Intel, and I'm sure she wanted her and her daughter only inheriting that money. She didn't want to share with Kyron. Plus you have her son being forced to moved out and it's looking like that wasn't a joint decision at all if she wanted Kaine dead. So, how to get rid of him if she can't find someone to kill him? Take his own son away. Show him the pain of "losing" a child, apparently the same pain she went through (except, of course, her son is still alive. Kyron, I just don't know at this point).

So, who still thinks Kaine had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance? *hears crickets chirping*

This seems like the doings of a woman who has no where to turn - trapped and controlled. Was she serious about murder or was this a big wish on her part?

Six - seven months ago - isn't that the time her son was sent away to live with grandparents?

Was her thinking that of retribution for having to send her son away?

All the more reason for Kaine to lay low and get out of the picture - my guess is that the very sight of him makes her furious and sick. Seeing him control the press conferences only reinforces her obsessed thinking about him. If Kyron is alive, she is their only hope to get him back. moo mho

Who did the yard work before she hired this guy? Her son J? That might explain the need to hire someone since he was gone (I think) in January.

Or maybe he was supposed to do the yard work, didn't and in order to cover for him, Terri had hired someone to do it.

This is a lot of absorb. Makes me need to rethink my theories.

I can't decide if this is better or worse for Kyron...or if it is unrelated.

Also not sure how this (being released) hurts investigation but surely taints the jury pool even further...whether she is ever charged with regards this alleged plot or a crime against Kyron.

This seems like the doings of a woman who has no where to turn - trapped and controlled. Was she serious about murder or was this a big wish on her part?

Six - seven months ago - isn't that the time her son was sent away to live with grandparents?

Was her thinking that of retribution for having to send her son away?

All the more reason for Kaine to lay low and get out of the picture - my guess is that the very sight of him makes her furious and sick. Seeing him control the press conferences only reinforces her obsessed thinking about him. If Kyron is alive, she is their only hope to get him back. moo mho

Or someone who was selfish and wanted to have other men, but not a divorce and collect the insurance money to boot.

For those who are asking why LE does not go ahead and arrest TH- If this is the main evidence LE has, imagine if a judge were to throw it out for some reason. They've got no case.

Methinks they want to have multiple types of evidence in case some is ruled unadmissable. Witnesses can be made to look pretty bad on the stand.

1. When I told my hubby about this case, he said, "Follow the money."

I thought, "What money?" and asked about life insurance for the missing child, but that can't be collected for years if he isn't found.

2. From the beginning I have thought that SM is never happy no matter what she has. There are people like that.

3. I think she wanted the money to start a new life. She was going to enter a body building contest this month. I'm guessing that was delusional seeing as how she looked last month.

4. Who knows what her plans were going to be? But they may have not involved any children at all.

5. I bet her soon to be ex has a huge life insurance policy. I imagine that he even got it pretty cheap through work.

6. There is no point in trying to make sense of the irrational. That's why it's called "irrational".

7. I pray the Kyron is still alive. LE knows plenty. Desi and Tony know plenty. She was very firm, I feel, that he is alive. Even her comment about thinking that he wouldn't be gone so long indicates they might have known lots more in the beginning.

Kaine might have been in major denial about SM in the beginning. It would be pretty hard to face.

Brought these over from the previous, now locked, thread:

:waitasec:We used to call today's landscaper "the yard man" in the South.

Oh, I just got what you were saying. Very clever. :-)

My yard man has recently been upgraded to the "lawn guy." LOL!

I do have a question for those in the area: Down here, yard man/lawn guys cut grass, weed-eat, edge, etc. Landscapers plan out what plantings to place into a yard, plan gardens, plan arbors, etc. It isn't unusual to have them come out in the "off season" to plan, and then later for them to actually have the plantings/gardens/lawn fixtures installed.

Do y'all make this distinction way up there in the Northwest? It would explain why Kaine had not even known Terri had hired him if no visible work had actually been done.

Tried to quote Calliope, also. I do think you may be on to something when you say you believe Terri may have known this landscaper in some other capacity before she hired him.

Also managed to screw up the quote from WhyaDuck:

I think I'm confused by not knowing how big the landscaper's job was. If it was to move soil, etc, then naturally KH would notice. But if it was just mowing/snow removal, and he thought TH or someone was doing it, then perhaps not...?

For all we know, she hired someone to do it to avoid conflict between her husband and her teenaged son, who was "supposed" to do it. Hard to say, really. MOO, etc.

Very good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member