Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason LB's uncle does not mention the "pilot" part in his interview with the Star:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/06/07/dellen_millard_murder_of_laura_babcock_leaves_lingering_questions_for_police.html

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered that.

I personally kind of got the impression that the uncle had an innocently intended but nevertheless evolving memory of her boyfriends, probably scraps of old conversations mixed up with things he's heard repeatedly in the media until it becomes a new narrative. In my opinion, only.

I got the impression that the Uncle had spoken to his niece, who wanted to bring someone to his wedding that she considered a new beau, and that when he told her no, she tried to get him to change his mind by telling him that this boyfriend was a wealthy pilot and photographer. Tried to talk him up to the Uncle.

And my personal opinion is the same as TR's and his wife. It was Dellen Millard she was talking about. What are the odds that she knew two wealthy pilots? Especially considering at the time she was couch surfing and occasionally sleeping in the park.

MOO

It seems TR's not seeing LB for 2 years was in relation to the time period from when she disappeared in 2012 until the search of the farm and his interview in September 2013, so NOT 2 years prior to her disappearance (but 15 months since):

http://globalnews.ca/news/831108/tim-bosma-police-continue-to-search-dellen-millards-farm/

Ryan said he last saw his niece about a month before she disappeared. She was looking for a place to live and was on good terms with her family.

Despite not having seen his niece for 15 months, Ryan said his entire family is trying to remain optimistic and suggests few updates from police may be a silver living.

Ryan: “I can’t say, it was a while back now that we spoke and really, I was worried about not causing any scene at my wedding and new boyfriends and it was a small intimate wedding so we just didn’t want to have any extra people if we didn’t need to.”

Q: “And you had the impression that it was a bad lot that she was hanging out with?”

Ryan: “Yes, yes, we thought it was probably a bit of a troublemaker and I didn’t want any trouble at the wedding of course.”

Sounds to me Mr. Ryan and his wife may have excluded other young relatives from bringing dates such as boyfriends/girlfriends to their wedding and if they allowed LB to bring a new boyfriend, other young relatives might have been perturbed she was allowed to and they weren't. LB has a brother who may have also wanted to bring a date. Likely more than them.

Knowing DM is accused of murdering his niece, you can pretty much surmise why he would suggest DM belonged to a bad lot. JMO.

Pretty much what I was saying in this earlier post:

I think its more likely that cost was involved. Weddings are not cheap usually and people have to draw the line where guests are concerned. Some people draw the line and say no children. Others stick to immediate family, and some don't ask boyfriends and girlfriends of nieces, nephews or friends (if friends are invited). In my opinion its as simple as that.

It would be easy to surmise anything, when solely based on charges. Maybe Mr Ryan feels differently now that he has had chance to consider any other possibilities JMO

Seems like she moved in a few social circles so he may not have known from which circle the new beau came from.

I got the impression that the Uncle had spoken to his niece, who wanted to bring someone to his wedding that she considered a new beau, and that when he told her no, she tried to get him to change his mind by telling him that this boyfriend was a wealthy pilot and photographer.
And my personal opinion is the same as TR's and his wife. It was Dellen Millard she was talking about. What are the odds that she knew two wealthy pilots? Especially considering at the time she was couch surfing and occasionally sleeping in the park.

MOO

Pilots can often be wealthy, and pilots know pilots, she probably knew a few JMO
Maybe she added a few things to put new beau in a favorable light, we have no idea really.

Most pilots are not wealthy. I think Arnie can attest to this.

Some wealthy people, however, become pilots for their own personal enjoyment. They may also dabble in photography or other hobbies.

LB nor DM for that matter appeared to be travelling in any social circles where other pilots may have been on their friend lists. DM certainly wasn't hanging out in airport lounges chatting with other pilots. Neither does it appear LB was. We may have no absolute idea to whom she was referring but considering how she was living in the last few months of her life, DM was on the list of friends she was in phone contact with and they had started a sexual relationship, common sense deduces that it was likely him she was talking about IMO.

MOO

I would like to hear who LB's mom says she was dating. She had met DM, and I don't recall there being any quotes for her saying that he was who her daughter was dating at the time. I'm not sure how an uncle would know more about who she was dating than the relatives who had recently lived with her. But that's just my opinion.

I was under the impression that LB was rather estranged from her parents (tough love and all that) and that it's unlikely they knew anything about what she was doing or who she was dating in the last month or so of her life. If her mother knew who she was dating when she disappeared, I'm sure she would have informed her brother and his wife that it was not DM she may have wanted to bring to his wedding long before he told the press that he believed it was.

MOO

LB's family thought she was dating DM but LB's friends knew that she was involved with him. For one thing, LB told CN she was involved with him, and other friends reported that LB and DM were having fun together too. It's not necessary for LB's family to confirm who she was dating when several other people can do the same.

Just curious as to what the real issue is if DM was the guy LB had asked to bring to her uncle's wedding? They did have a relationship and apparently LB saw it more than just a sexual relationship. Perhaps at one point DM did also? Seems more likely just another issue/subject to take the opposite stance on as usual. MOO.

Noudga has been involved with Millard since the summer of 2011 although he continued to see other women. He also remained in touch with his ex-fiancee who was with him and his mother on the night police were called to investigate the death of Wayne Millard.

According to a friend of Babcock, Laura had told Noudga that she and Millard had become more than just friends.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/christina-noudga

So Laura's mom remembers him picking her up from the family home during one of the times she was actually there.

Also: But police never interviewed Millard in connection to Laura's disappearance, the Babcocks said. After the detective assigned to her file was reassigned, they weren't sure what had happened to the case."All this information was in their hands," her tearful mother said. "We don't know anything more than we've known since the beginning."

Did Laura's mother give police his name?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...remembers-dellen-millard-picking-up-daughter/

Just curious as to what the real issue is if DM was the guy LB had asked to bring to her uncle's wedding? They did have a relationship and apparently LB saw it more than just a sexual relationship. Perhaps at one point DM did also? Seems more likely just another issue/subject to take the opposite stance on as usual. MOO.

Noudga has been involved with Millard since the summer of 2011 although he continued to see other women. He also remained in touch with his ex-fiancee who was with him and his mother on the night police were called to investigate the death of Wayne Millard.

According to a friend of Babcock, Laura had told Noudga that she and Millard had become more than just friends.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/christina-noudga

If LB was herself confronting CN with the fact that LB and DM were involved, surely LB thought she was now the #1 girl in DM's life. The whole wedding invite thing hints that LB thought the relationship was more serious than it perhaps was. There were a bunch of women in DM's life at the same time it seems and they all had to tolerate each other - LB might have been unique in seeing the relationship as more serious or exclusive than it really was.

I know the lawyers insist that DM is not a playboy, but face it, he was a total player.

Most pilots are not wealthy. I think Arnie can attest to this.

Some wealthy people, however, become pilots for their own personal enjoyment. They may also dabble in photography or other hobbies.

LB nor DM for that matter appeared to be travelling in any social circles where other pilots may have been on their friend lists. DM certainly wasn't hanging out in airport lounges chatting with other pilots. Neither does it appear LB was. We may have no absolute idea to whom she was referring but considering how she was living in the last few months of her life, DM was on the list of friends she was in phone contact with and they had started a sexual relationship, common sense deduces that it was likely him she was talking about IMO.

MOO
I didnt say most pilots were wealthy. Pilots are often wealthy depending on what a persons version of wealth is. A homeless man may consider a florist wealthy. Perception is a strange beast IMO

How do we know who she knew or whether she knew pilots? We don't know much about her and we cannot sleuth alleged victims to change that. We also have no idea what the status of any alleged sexual relationship was. Perception again comes into play as I do not see that DM was the intended guest that LB wanted to take to a wedding.

DM probably knew quite a few pilots regardless of whether he hung around airport lounges or not. IMO

If LB was herself confronting CN with the fact that LB and DM were involved, surely LB thought she was now the #1 girl in DM's life. The whole wedding invite thing hints that LB thought the relationship was more serious than it perhaps was. There were a bunch of women in DM's life at the same time it seems and they all had to tolerate each other - LB might have been unique in seeing the relationship as more serious or exclusive than it really was.

I know the lawyers insist that DM is not a playboy, but face it, he was a total player.

How was he a player?

His engagement was over, he kept in touch with his ex who he obvious had a lot of respect for.

He was dating CN since ? 2011? He told a reporter while in jail that he was in love with his girlfriend. (2014?) Nothing weird there.

LB was his friend according to LB's own mother. So LB had not told her of any romance or furthering of the friendship. Maybe LB had a one time moment and she read more into it.

We have hearsay via a so called friend of LB, saying that LB told CN she was sleeping with DM. Just because someone tells someone something does not make it true. Besides, if LB was interested in DM what better way to deter a girlfriend. I hardly think DM would agree to go to a wedding with LB where photographs of him and LB could be taken and shown to CN. I highly doubt he was the beau and further doubt him accepting any invite. We have no facts to go on here, just hearsay and an uncle who after charges are laid deduces it must have been DM. IMO it doesn't pass the sniff test.

I would like to hear who LB's mom says she was dating. She had met DM, and I don't recall there being any quotes for her saying that he was who her daughter was dating at the time. I'm not sure how an uncle would know more about who she was dating than the relatives who had recently lived with her. But that's just my opinion.

Didnt the mother say they were simply friends.?

How was he a player?

His engagement was over, he kept in touch with his ex who he obvious had a lot of respect for.

He was dating CN since ? 2011? He told a reporter while in jail that he was in love with his girlfriend. (2014?) Nothing weird there.

LB was his friend according to LB's own mother. So LB had not told her of any romance or furthering of the friendship. Maybe LB had a one time moment and she read more into it.

We have hearsay via a so called friend of LB, saying that LB told CN she was sleeping with DM. Just because someone tells someone something does not make it true. Besides, if LB was interested in DM what better way to deter a girlfriend. I hardly think DM would agree to go to a wedding with LB where photographs of him and LB could be taken and shown to CN. I highly doubt he was the beau and further doubt him accepting any invite. We have no facts to go on here, just hearsay and an uncle who after charges are laid deduces it must have been DM. IMO it doesn't pass the sniff test.

LB, a missing 23-year-old woman, had a relationship with DM, the man charged in the slaying of Tim Bosma, Toronto police say.
"I can say that [LB and DM] were romantically linked, although I would not say they had a traditional dating relationship," said Det. Mike Carbone.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...had-relationship-with-bosma-accused-1.1399734

On Saturday LB's former boyfriend SL told CityNews DM was the last person LB contacted on her cellphone before she went missing last June.

SL said that after he and LB broke up she began a relationship with DM.

“What I’d heard from a friend was that LB and he had started seeing each other romantically some time between we broke up and when she went missing,” he said.
http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...had-relationship-with-bosma-accused-1.1399734

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/
LB, a missing 23-year-old woman, had a relationship with DM, the man charged in the slaying of Tim Bosma, Toronto police say.

"I can say that [LB and DM] were romantically linked, although I would not say they had a traditional dating relationship," said Det. Mike Carbone.

SL said that after he and LB broke up she began a relationship with DM.

“What I’d heard from a friend was that LB and he had started seeing each other romantically some time between we broke up and when she went missing,” he said.

It seems to me that Det Carbonne is repeating what SL has told him.
But that information was apparently given to SL by a friend.

This tells me that there is only one source for this claim and thats the friend that SL says told him about the relationship. SL then relays that information to the police. This is hearsay being repeated IMO

The only relationship LB''s mother was aware of was a friendship relationship. Surely if LB was dating him her mother would have known. She watched him pick her up. I think she'd get an idea if they were more than friends. JMO

I may be silly, but I have confidence that LE would verify what they have been told prior to going on national television and spouting hearsay in a murder investigation.

In all honesty, I'll take the four members of LB's family, her friend's say so and Det. K's word on it. I assume they knew LB better than any strangers who are sleuthing and reading a few lines from articles.

Regardless of who it may have been, the new beau LB wanted to take to her uncle wedding, DM now has bigger issues to be concerned with. Such as the possibility of being granted the title of serial killer and spending the rest of his natural life locked away in prison. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow