Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.16.17 - Day 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make mores sense if he had ATVs and used the farm for trail riding, but I don't believe anything says he did that. So ya, when would he be at the farm and so annoyed?

I also wonder about the areas farmers were renting. No one would hunt through the crops.

They may if its a hay crop...not that I believe this.

So...DM saw RB in July (?) 2012 about Pedo having parasites.
I also noted in MS's TB trial testimony that I was re-reading this morning that he said DM would abuse Pedo for peeing and pooping on his bed (which the judge quickly struck from the record).

What do you think the chances are that Pedo was having accidents on DMs bed due to perhaps poor health and that was the reason for the mattress replacement?

Just something to consider...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I think DM would have quickly explained that if it were true

perhaps so but as a dog walker walking through forests, I've come across dead deer bodies at least twice. Maybe they were cleaned up shortly after by wildlife.

Really...that is interesting. In my 27 years of living on 4 different farms of many acres, and riding my horses through the woods and fields, I have never once seen a dead deer. Two of those properties backed onto busy highways too. I did however, see live deer all the time. One doe even made my farm her winter home, and always came with a fawn or two. So cute.

I'm not really seeing where RBs anger is coming from. I mean he'd severed ties with DM years ago. Sure he had to spend a few days in court, but he should be happy to do his civic duty. Feel sorry for everybody involved in something like this but calling him a victim is a stretch.

I think he's a victim. Having to uproot your daily business, to go and testify and recount the horrible things DM did. It's painful I'm sure for him to be involved, and obviously something happened that caused him to kick DM out at 17 and never speak to him again.

It’s more about his effectiveness as a witness, and the chosen actions and demeanour of every witness impacts that. He’s there to serve justice, not himself and his own anger, righteous or not.
I can definitely see this point!

I'm not really seeing where RBs anger is coming from. I mean he'd severed ties with DM years ago. Sure he had to spend a few days in court, but he should be happy to do his civic duty. Feel sorry for everybody involved in something like this but calling him a victim is a stretch.

Hmmm. Well I'm angry and a lot of people on this board are EXTREMELY ANGRY with DM and have been for a long time and we don't even know him.

I can understand perfectly where Dr. Burns' anger is coming from.

MOO

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
8m8 minutes ago
More
We're back. Crown Katie Doherty calls the next witness, Ed Grant. He lives in the GTA and works for a propane company.
#LauraBabcock

His connection to the case:

Grant says he was "installing a large 225 litre propane tank, on the front of a flat bed trailer to power up a large oven, as it were, or a large incinerator."

"I'd never seen anything like that."

#LauraBabcock

Yes. We will never know the extent of his involvement, IMO, but it's looking like there is a lack of evidence to find him guilty in this case.

Unless MM steps up and drops a bombshell, but thats not likely.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 56s56 seconds ago

The last time Burns saw #Millard? July or August, he can't remember. "I don't catalogue the useless chronological dates in his life," Burns says.

:hiding:

What did Dr Burns call DM in his police interview....was it a twisted little prick? Love it!

Lisa Williams testified. She is/was the wife of Charles Dubien.

She said "somehow" CD found out about the incinerator and mentioned it to Burns. hmmm

It was also mentioned at the last trial that at one point DM showed an interest in computers, and RB introduced him to his neighbor CD who had an IT business. I believe CD was also involved with DM for their security system/cameras. MOO

I believe his tactic is to emphasize MS’ lack of involvement. He has no questions for any witness that had little to no involvement with MS, and no testimony about him.

It seems, to my unprofessional self, a more mature approach than to go up and ask “you never discussed this with my client?”, “you never spoke to my client?” etc., a la DM.

I couldn't agree more. IMO MS is up to his eyeballs in this murder. TD, as his defence attorney sits quietly allowing DM to make everything about him. It has allowed MS to remain in the background as an after thought. Depending on what comes out next, they can position it like MS was under DM spell and required $$ for drugs and to eat. DM begged him for the intro for the gun, bought the incinerator and all that MS did was dispose of the body. Hell, the beef with LB was over CN's insecurities and AM's stolen phone. Nothing to do with MS.

Not that I believe any of this but they have used a good strategy thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not that I can find. Just the RB testimony and a reference to DM texting Dubien

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-Trial-04-19-16-Day-37&p=12477411&styleid=21

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Dubien never testified, although I think he was originally supposed to testify after his wife, Lisa Williams. Ms. Williams, who was Millardair's bookkeeper, was an uncooperative, misleading witness that led the Crown in circles during her testimony. I remember because I was in the courtroom that day and she was painful to listen to. When she was finished, the Crown decided not to call Dubien up (IIRC).

More
Doherty shows the court an invoice, from July 20, 2012.

The customer is listed as Millard Air.

Tank, hose, valves, brackets, and labour for a total cost of $2180.90

#LauraBabcock

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
2m2 minutes ago
More
The jury has previously seen a photo of objects engulfed in flames from inside The Eliminator, which was taken on July 23, at 11:20 p.m.

#LauraBabcock

Just want to ask:

Does anyone here feel sympathy or sorry for the path DM has taken?
Or would you describe your feelings as anger, disgust and sickened?

Why should his uncle not feel like whooping him across the *ss? Two lives were taken out of careless regard. No pity for DM is needed imo.

The Uncle owned a vet clinic and there are drugs available at clinics that can be used for not so wholesome purposes....MOO

Yes, we know all too well about that from the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
Following Following @ShannonMartinTV
More
Crown Katie Doherty shows us some more receipts related to the propane tanks.

Just want to ask:

Does anyone here feel sympathy or sorry for the path DM has taken?
Or would you describe your feelings as anger, disgust and sickened?

Why should his uncle not feel like whooping him across the *ss? Two lives were taken out of careless regard. No pity for DM is needed imo.

I feel sorry for everybody in something like this. It seems that there were a lot of issues in Millards family during his formative years. What child goes to live with an uncle when their parents divorce? Parents are supposed to fight for custody, not fight to get rid of him. But who knows, maybe Millard was that much of a PITA that his parents just wanted nothing to do with him. Not an excuse, plenty of people come from broken homes, but I do feel that he is the product of a rather miserable childhood.

What did Dr Burns call DM in his police interview....was it a twisted little prick? Love it!

As a man with a vet degree, he has wisdom and insight. He seems to have known DM was unstable. IMO

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
27s27 seconds ago
More
Grant explains how the propane tank was installed onto the incinerator.

As a man with a vet degree, he has wisdom and insight. He seems to have known DM was unstable. IMO

Hindsight is 20/20. He let Millard travel with his kids to Europe days after he killed someone. Just saying.

I feel sorry for everybody in something like this. It seems that there were a lot of issues in Millards family during his formative years. What child goes to live with an uncle when their parents divorce? Parents are supposed to fight for custody, not fight to get rid of him. But who knows, maybe Millard was that much of a PITA that his parents just wanted nothing to do with him. Not an excuse, plenty of people come from broken homes, but I do feel that he is the product of a rather miserable childhood.

If he is a psychopath, no amount of parenting could correct that IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member