Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.23.17 - Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
"Just staying quiet has been an immense help already," Millard wrote to Noudga. Imagines her singing the song "Your my king and I'm your lion heart," which she wrote to him in lyrics. "I love you, I am not afraid."

IMO DM really felt he was God's gift to the world. He was Heaven sent, as he said. He imagines CN singing that DM's her king. He expected AM to change his testimony. MM would smuggle for him. MS would get him in contact with a gun. SS would build him an incinerator. Rabbit will sell off his property to get him funds. WM should hand over his business and $. I think it was MH that would hold the toolbox and gun for him.

There wasn't a person in his circle that he didn't expect to control and manipulate. He used whatever woman he felt like at the moment until he was done with them. He took whatever he wanted including lives of innocent people. IMO, the list goes on and on, and hopefully we have 12 jurors that won't be manipulated by him.

So far, I'm with you both too. I don't want to be - I'm not an MS supporter by any means - but I don't think they've shown enough for M1 :(

Me too.....so long as he don’t take the stand this time and ruin his case or lack of I should say :facepalm:

If Sea En is testifying surely it's not DM that called her after he has spent the last couple weeks saying she is fat, offering her to friend, nothing important and someone he really didn't care for - it would be dangerous to call her as she will strike out - maybe MS lawyer calling her hoping she strikes hard at DM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Sea En is testifying surely it's not DM that called her after he has spent the last couple weeks saying she is fat, offering her to friend, nothing important and someone he really didn't care for - it would be dangerous to call her as she will strike out - maybe MS lawyer calling her hoping she strikes hard at DM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A witness like CN is a dangerous gamble. If either defense call her as a witness, the crown can lead with respect to questions.

Smich won't. If he wasn't already in jail, he'd be going home soon. Its a travesty that they were even allowed to bring a M1 charge against him with so little evidence. Waste of taxpayers money.
I'm shocked there was a direct indictment against MS in this case with such little evidence, unless they couldn't do direct for DM but not MS?

So, this should clear up the fact that CN KNEW what happened to LB. Instead of proclaiming his innocence, which IMO he would do if she didn't know his guilt or innocence, he told her the alibi that THEY would BOTH use. Which means she likely knew about TB as well since he provided an alibi to that, as well. She knew everything.

Yep, if they truly didn't know what happened to Laura, how would the both know what night she went missing? At that point I don't think there was a specific date attached to when she disappeared was there?

Yep, if they truly didn't know what happened to Laura, how would the both know what night she went missing? At that point I don't think there was a specific date attached to when she disappeared was there?

Good point!

I'm shocked there was a direct indictment against MS in this case with such little evidence, unless they couldn't do direct for DM but not MS?

Not sure what they were thinking. Smich should have cut a deal with prosecutors the day he was arrested. Take a single M2 for testimony in all three trials.

So, this should clear up the fact that CN KNEW what happened to LB. Instead of proclaiming his innocence, which IMO he would do if she didn't know his guilt or innocence, he told her the alibi that THEY would BOTH use. Which means she likely knew about TB as well since he provided an alibi to that, as well. She knew everything.

I don't agree. He starts his spiel with "Whatever you may think happened, you must set aside". And in Tim's trial he claimed to her that he didn't think he should have to suffer for a robbery Mark screwed up. So he never directly acknowledges blame in either case, and there is no real reason to think she's a co-conspirator. Dellen does not seem to be truly close to anyone. He makes power plays and manipulates people to achieve some identified need, and tells them whatever he thinks will achieve that aim. I think we have to believe that includes MS as well. They're not truly brothers or even partners. MS is a tool in his life that he seemed to pick up and put down as needed, running him up to his face and running him down to others. Same way he treated CN.

I thought he wasnt in jail yet when he wrote those...maybe wrong though

They were written in jail. They were DMs jailhouse letters.

Sorry if the was answered, just trying to get caught up.

Hi Velma, I'm sorry I've been unable to help out with the tweets but I had a sudden death in the family and have been unavailable during the day. Thanks to you and everyone who has pitched in as I've been staying caught up but I've not had much time to comment.

I'm here today until at least the lunch break if you want me to take over.

Kamille, I am sorry to hear of your loss.

One thing that still bothers me in both trials. In the TB trial, police found that large flat wood board in the barn on DM's property which appeared briefly in pictures then was gone and did not appear as evidence in the TB trial. It appeared to have a stained outline on it which could resemble a body. IMO. Then it disappeared. Thought it might be used in this trial perhaps for DNA evidence. Any comments on this. I am still wondering what it was and why it was not introduced as evidence.

Because it probably didn’t provide any evidence?

All you need is a reasonable prospect of conviction for a DI, which is the same standard for any prosecution. There is a really persistent myth on here that DI has to do with the strength of a case. That is not among the list of justifications for a DI. It all has to do with protecting the course of justice. My amateur opinion here is that the intertwined nature of these high profile cases and the fact that there were multiple cases per defendent were among the reasons. The former risks banned material leaking out, because of high interest among other things, and the latter pushes the envelope with regard to the acceptable delay between charges and trial.

Well he knew there was a night she went missing, and he's asking CN to provide cover eventually. Doesn't say anything about what she actually knew.

2m2 minutes ago
Crown is going to read the letters. Hard to see on court monitor, she notes. "Destroy these letters! but you can keep this card but don't let anyone see it... I love you, I miss you, PS . a gift for a girl drinking fine red alone." #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
Next letter "hello my darling. I'm studying hard here in Reno. Even though the course has just begun it feels like ages since we've been apart.... the next time you go to touch yourself, think of me (goes on romantically, then lengthy sexual fantasy)" #LauraBabcock

Crown Cameron has handed out a booklet of the letters to the jury.

We see an image on four large flat screens - very faint handwriting on lined paper.

"Destroy these letters but you can keep this card. But if anyone sees it, it's from 2012... I love you, I miss you. PS A gift for a girl drinking fine red alone."
by Shannon Martin 12:44 PM

Another letter, "The next time you go to touch yourself, think of my hands running over your curves... the tickle of my breath inhaling of your scent..."

It goes on to describe an explicit sex scene.

It ends, "I love you, I'm thinking of you,
Dellen Millard."
by Shannon Martin 12:46 PM

RBBM

Another one for the list...

Harelquin Romance Writer ...... :blowkiss::floorlaugh:

I've been following along all day, reading every tweet, and every comment here, and finally I have some time to put my two cents in...

All I can say is WOW. What a day, folks. I was of the very strong opinion that we were going to see these letters again. I KNEW that the redacted portions held important evidence. Many disagreed, summing it up to being sexually explicit or personal, unrelated content (a fair argument), but I just couldn't shake it. I KNEW they contained information on Laura's death. Naturally, I was SO thrilled.

Then I stopped and thought about Laura's friends and family. My heart nearly dropped to the bottom of my stomach. Laura's loved ones likely came to terms with the fact she is "gone" when charges were laid in her murder. But up until today, there was still a level of uncertainty. There was a disconnect that we all couldn't place or name, even with the evidence already submitted. These letters fill that void, and with them comes pain and sadness at the reality of Laura's fate, for all who knew and loved her.

I trust that as we move towards the end of this trial, justice will be served, and healing can begin.

[FONT=&quot]Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews [video=twitter;933821822952525824]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/933821822952525824[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dellen Millard letter found in Christina Noudga’s bedroom. Full story 6pm @CHCHNews
[/FONT]

I agree MS is going to be tougher to get to the guilty verdict.

Here's the case against MS:
- He actively participates in the testing of the incinerator
- he talks about bringing something with bones or a dog (no matter the reason for the thing, there is no reason to test out bones - even if its for animals - there is no need to destroy the bones)
- we know MS needs money, what does an animal incinerator do for him in terms of earning him money (he can't drive)
- the spliff talk - does point to him being aware of the spliff and what it is
- the ipad - he is asking for DM's apple id the very next day and MM is taking pictures with it on July 5.
- the rap
- him telling kids he killed and burned a girl

Definetly not as strong as the case against DM but it is there. Question will be what does the jury consider reasonable doubt. Also depends on DM and his defense. He's screwed so he may just throw MS under the bus.

Well said. Didn't MS arrange the gun deal as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCO