Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
24s24 seconds ago
"Another dead deer at the farm" #Millard shows this text he sent to Schlatman. Schlatman agreed on the stand that Millard was upset about deer hunting on "his farmland."

Those pesky deer should have been hunting on somebody else's farmland.

24s24 seconds ago
"Another dead deer at the farm" #Millard shows this text he sent to Schlatman. Schlatman agreed on the stand that Millard was upset about deer hunting on "his farmland."

IIRC, the guy who told LE about the Incinerator in the woods was ATV'ing across the back of Millard's property with permission. He also told LE he had permission on DM's property to hunt.

IMO, anyone hunting deer usually take the deer with them, especially when poaching.

1m1 minute ago
Now onto his cross examination of Marlena Meneses, #Smich girlfriend, who agreed that Smich used to call her "the *****." Millard says the rap is about "the *****." Not "a *****. As the evidence stands, Marlena has told you who the ***** is." Millard now taking afternoon break.
Lol, okay DM. So the song's about MM? If you go swimming you can find MM's phone?
Then MS admit the rap is true, that they murdered/burned the girl...MM still? The same MM who's standing outside the garage?

IIRC, the guy who told LE about the Incinerator in the woods was ATV'ing across the back of Millard's property with permission. He also told LE he had permission on DM's property to hunt.

Do you remember when they got the permission to hunt/atv? imho, it should have been some when in fall of 2012 for the hunting season. Otherwise the crown probably would have called those hunters as well to debunk the upset.

Close! Chaz Main used the property for dirt biking, and had made arrangements with the previous owner to use the property. I believe he gave him a nice Bottle every once in awhile. I don't believe Chaz was a hunter, especially not deer hunting in July. MOO

Do you remember when they got the permission to hunt/atv? imho, it should have been some when in fall of 2012 for the hunting season. Otherwise the crown probably would have called those hunters as well to debunk the upset.

This was testimony from the TB trial. It's probably insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I was just pointing out another lie about being angry that people were hunting on his land. He gave permission. It's all lies is all.

So he decided to attack evidence/witnesses. And when he can't attack an evidence, he attacks the witness.

He forgets that probabilities multiply. If probability of A is 10% and probability of B is 20%, then the probability of seeing both A and B is 2%. That is, if they are not correlated. However, when you kill someone all the improbable evidence become correlated and appear all at once.

He shouldn't underestimate the jury. If it was 5 minutes to the farm and 10 to the hangar, he could have dropped off the body, go to the hangar and then come back to the farm by car to take the blue tarp photo. Isn't that what he would do if he had a body in the truck?

Close! Chaz Main used the property for dirt biking, and had made arrangements with the previous owner to use the property. I believe he gave him a nice Bottle every once in awhile. I don't believe Chaz was a hunter, especially not deer hunting in July. MOO

I would have to go back and look through everything. I may be wrong about the person but I am quite sure that some guys hunted that property with permission. I remember it distinctly.

I am not suggesting he gave permission in July. I am suggesting that he is lying about being upset people were hunting on his property.

I would have to go back and look through everything. I may be wrong about the person but I am quite sure that some guys hunted that property with permission. I remember it distinctly.

I am not suggesting he gave permission in July. I am suggesting that he is lying about being upset people were hunting on his property.

Yes, IIRC there were hunters allowed.

2m2 minutes ago
Cronen talked about wanting to "do prosecution" as a career and he referred to the crown as "Jill" - not that #Millard is suggesting anything improper happened between the witness and the crown, but maybe he had an ulterior purpose to his evidence, Millard says.

This kind of back handed insinuation will not win him any sympathy with the jury IMO.

4m4 minutes ago
Jury is back for end of Dellen #Millard's closing submissions to the jury. #LauraBabcock

3m3 minutes ago
"Gettin into the home stretch," #Millard says he'd be better if he had another week to prepare, but as it is he has to go back and go over things he missed. #LauraBabcock

2m2 minutes ago
There's a whole series of text messages about "that girl" -- almost over a two year period, #Millard says. Another series is about sleep patterns, "in particular, things I'm telling other people about my sleep patterns." #LauraBabcock

Jury is back in the room.

Millard, "We're in the home stretch. If I had another week to prepare this may have gone quicker."

by Shannon Martin 3:53 PM

2m2 minutes ago
Millard draws attention to his claim of "hitting the vapo" and it messing up his sleep. "Marijuana was something that I used regularly," he says. By the end of his friendship with Smich, he says marijuana was the only thing he used. He vaporized it. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
His best friend Michalski didn't remember #Millard rolling a "spliff" because he always vaporized, he says. Says he couldn't sleep after smoking marijuana, in contrast to friends.

Remember all those text messages Millard presented about his sleeping troubles?

He's pulled them up again for the jury.

One in particular talks about sleeping and vaping.

"I did vaporize all the time and it disturbed my sleep," he tells the jury.

He shows the court messages from July 4, 2012.

Millard, "I hit the [vapes] and tripped out for a bit, regaining my senses now."
by Shannon Martin 3:58 PM

37s38 seconds ago
Millard says this was July 4th when he hit the vapes too hard and got too stoned. Marijuana made him friendly and cheerful, according to his friend's testimony. #LauraBabcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow