Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
"You'll remember the evidence we got from Andrew. He lost his phone, Laura found it, and she returned it to him." Millard tells jury he figured out how to help Michalski identify his phone. #LauraBabcock

55s56 seconds ago
Millard would have known you can't change serial numbers. "consciousness of innocence," Millard calls it. If he knew #LauraBabcock had been murdered, why would he keep the iPad around, knowing that the serial number would be on the iPad. Is it proof of guilt... or innocence?

Why would you have a blood filled truck in your hangar? Oh wait...that was a different murder. Carry on. :rolleyes:

21s22 seconds ago
Millard is reading text messages between he and Laura, in which they talk about her ipod being Andrew Michalski's lost phone. This is about relationships, #Millard says. Between he and Laura & Christina & Andrew etc. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
"And if the gun was empty to that point it is a red herring, like the red bag is a red herring," #Millard instructs the jury.
I really hope he eventually realizes that it's not to his advantage to list ALL the 'red herrings' and other evidence against him in one sentence...else crown will have nothing left to say... :p

2m2 minutes ago
"You'll remember the evidence we got from Andrew. He lost his phone, Laura found it, and she returned it to him." Millard tells jury he figured out how to help Michalski identify his phone. #LauraBabcock

55s56 seconds ago
Millard would have known you can't change serial numbers. "consciousness of innocence," Millard calls it. If he knew #LauraBabcock had been murdered, why would he keep the iPad around, knowing that the serial number would be on the iPad. Is it proof of guilt... or innocence?

or stupidity?

Millard turns to Christina Noudga, again.

"It's not Christina being accused of murder, it's me."

"The question you have to ask is what was my relationship with Laura? I related her to herpes, a parasite, not the nicest things to say," he says."

"But Christina was upset. And I was telling her the things she wanted to hear."

by Shannon Martin 11:38 AM

Best statement he made all trial

Millard says, "If there was a murder, if this was Laura's iPad and she was murdered. Do you think I would keep it around? Do you think I would let Mark keep it around?"

by Shannon Martin 11:35 AM

So you can FRAME someone else you idiot!

2m2 minutes ago
It's not Christina who is being accused of being a murderer, it's me, #Millard says. What was my relationship with Laura? In some text messages he's really not speaking kindly about Laura. "Related her to herpes, really not nice," he says.

42s43 seconds ago
In text messages with #LauraBabcock, though, #Millard says he was friendly. Now showing texts between Babcock and Michalski; in which she copies Millard messages and sends them to Michalski.

Maybe the crown can just stand up and say thanks big D
I really hope he eventually realizes that it's not to his advantage to list ALL the 'red herrings' and other evidence against him in one sentence...else crown will have nothing left to say... :p

Millard says, "If there was a murder, if this was Laura's iPad and she was murdered. Do you think I would keep it around? Do you think I would let Mark keep it around?"
by Shannon Martin 11:35 AM

Dude, you kept TB's truck key on your key ring. :facepalm:

Exactly Bill!

Why it's the best thing he's said all trial! Why would I....

23s23 seconds ago
Bradley Dean had a different description of #LauraBabcock's suitcases too, #Millard says. She had dark suitcases, "grocery-store variety" bags and a purse. Millard hasn't checked all the witness descriptions of luggage. "Again, I've only had a few days."

Um no...you've had a few years to get this together. :notgood:

Shouldn’t he have had his closing written already based on the crown’s disclosure? Then it could just be tweaked after he heard the witnesses on the stand. Did he not do any homework in all the time he was in jail?

Shouldn’t he have had his closing written already based on the crown’s disclosure? Then it could just be tweaked after he heard the witnesses on the stand. Did he not do any homework in all the time he was in jail?

Was likely too busy with his jedi barber shop.......

4m4 minutes ago
Laura was telling lots of people about her perceived personality disorders, Millard reminds jury before he reads the message he wrote to her. "you can cry and whine about your malformations, or you can be appreciative you have 5 fingers and 5 toes.... you are harmful to me."

2m2 minutes ago
"Good luck with life, don't contact me," #Millard tells #LauraBabcock at height of tension between Babcock and Noudga. "How harsh is this? Is this really that mean? Is this a direct order to never talk to me again in life?" No, he's just saying leave me alone for awhile.

BBM...so I killed you. MOO

Millard now goes through texts he exchanged with Babcock, that court has previously seen.

The text reads in part, Millard to Babcock, in mid April 2012.

"I don't know your disorder. its yours and you don't know anyone else's. it's unfortunate you got dealt a bad hand. i don't blame you for your disorder..."

It goes on, "you are harmful to me. please don't try to contact me until you've made some huge leaps of self discover. as i said before, good luck with life."

He's circled the world "until" on the large screen in court.

He tells the jury, "I am saying, look leave me alone for awhile. There's no threat here. There is no animus [his word]. This is what existed between Laura and myself."
by Shannon Martin 11:45 AM

Millard pulls up this photo of Smich's then girlfriend, Marlena Meneses.
View attachment 127317
Court exhibit

by Shannon Martin 11:11 AM

He now shows the court this photo of himself working on the trailer for the incinerator
View attachment 127318
Court exhibit

by Shannon Martin 11:12 AM

Oh, well he’s at it with “oops I messed up” moments, he should mention that TB’s truck was found in that very same black Trailer! :facepalm:

Lisa Hepfner
Lisa Hepfner
@HefCHCHNews
·
49s
There's a big window for "when this bag made it over to my side of the fence," #Millard says there's no evidence except that the relationship was there. But that red bag was not the bag that Laura had when she died." #LauraBabcock

So you just admitted she is dead? Good job DM.

Woah 😮

Millard turns to Christina Noudga, again.

"It's not Christina being accused of murder, it's me."

"The question you have to ask is what was my relationship with Laura? I related her to herpes, a parasite, not the nicest things to say," he says."

"But Christina was upset. And I was telling her the things she wanted to hear."

by Shannon Martin 11:38 AM
Not the part about him having sex with LB and not worrying about fictitious herpes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat