Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.07.17 - Charge to the Jury - Day 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:thinking: I was just wondering if the record of texts etc that the jury gets will be as beautifully laid out as the timeline from our own brilliant billandrew :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hb6kEtpLa8cHCVorBuy4yqfHymGvhfHeM6s8QMWGVW8/pubhtml
If only they had the privilege!

The google doc is really making it's way around, btw! I noticed that even a friend of LB's posted it. Pretty cool, billandrew! The courts should hire you and pay you a pretty penny.

I am amazed with Justice Code. Very thoroughly covering all main evidence. As I expect any judge to do. However, he must have been working on his Charge to the Jury from day 1.

I agree. A part of me wonders if Justice Code will be somewhat redeemed after this trial, from the earlier Bernardo / Homolka plea bargain fiasco.
Regardless of his actions, he has been associated with that, and it could still be a bit of an albatross around his neck.

I just went back through the pings. What do you think about the Claireport and Steinway pings? Those seem pretty far away...?

Isn't that near the Claireville Conservation area where Noudga was working at?

I just went back through the pings. What do you think about the Claireport and Steinway pings? Those seem pretty far away...?

I'm not sure where Steinway is. Claireport isn't close to Maple Gate but it could be on DM's route to his mother's place in Kleinburg. It's in the Albion area and that can be a bit of a nasty place as well.

The Steinway and Claireport pings at 7:31pm suggest that DM’s and LB’s phones were around the very north end of the 427 where it meets the 407. They could have stopped somewhere after that but there are no other pings until just after 8pm when DM’s phone hits a tower at Dixie Rd south of Pearson airport. Since the next ping after that was at his house, I’m thinking he was driving east along the 401 through Mississauga around 8pm to get back to his house.

Can't wait to hear "what the Jury didn't hear", because I think you have hit on something here.

The ping at Claireport came from LB’s phone at 7:31pm on July 3. Doesn’t that seem odd? DM’s phone pinged Steinway at the same time...

I am amazed with Justice Code. Very thoroughly covering all main evidence. As I expect any judge to do. However, he must have been working on his Charge to the Jury from day 1.
Not knocking Justice Goodman. Did it not take Goodman just shy of a week to prepare his Charge?

Welcome newcomers. Great to see some new civil discussions here today. Plus it would have been awful quiet here today without you.

We are all here for Justice, Justice for Laura. Her family now has some answers. I am sure, not the answers they wanted to hear. I can not imagine, how hard it was for them to sit through this trial day after day. And to be face to face with the accused.

I was hesitant to add this, as it maybe against rules here but have to share this, reminds me of how I think Laura wanted to be.
" First Aid Kit - My Silver Lining " first heard in " Gravity is Overrated - Weightless "

Thank you for sharing that song, SaulGoodman. A lovely choice you've shared. It's actually on one of my playlists and now whenever it plays I'll cast my mind and heart to Laura. Listening to it as I type here, thinking of her parents tonight. Such sorrow that family has been through and will endure forever more.

The ping at Claireport came from LB’s phone at 7:31pm on July 3. Doesn’t that seem odd? DM’s phone pinged Steinway at the same time...

Different cell phone providers pinging off different towers?

Pressing rewind here and playing devils advocate, if the murder of TB had not happened at all, does the court of public opinion think that Millard and Smich may have gotten away with murdering LB? Thoughts?

Pressing rewind here and playing devils advocate, if the murder of TB had not happened at all, does the court of public opinion think that Millard and Smich may have gotten away with murdering LB? Thoughts?

I do think they would have got away with it.

TPS did nothing to investigate Laura's disappearance and had no interest in pursuing it. Unless something came to light that would give them an indication that something was amiss they weren't prepared to investigate.

DM also would have got away with his Father's murder as well.

MOO

I think it would have been very likely, unless something else triggered the police to actually look into DM. But the fact that they found the incinerator so quickly after TB was killed definitely made a big difference too. If they hadn’t burned TB and then incinerator hadn’t been pushed into the wooded area, no one probably would have paid much attention to it.

Sorry, I meant it is odd that LB and DM were so far north together, not that they pinged off different towers :)

It is odd. The only thing I can think of is that he took a different route for some reason. A stop to get something or see someone?

...and CN sent DM that message, “Have fun doing big things ;)” at 10:20pm with seemingly no context whatsoever.

It is odd. The only thing I can think of is that he took a different route for some reason. A stop to get something or see someone?

But LB never sent a message out after 7:03. Why? If they were “running an errand” of some sort wouldn’t she have been texting like she constantly did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState