Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So this lady is a cousin of DM by way of adoption ? Is that right. Is this the same adoptive father who hated DM. My apologies if this is either obvious or totally misunderstood.
Or are they saying adoptive cousin of father ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's the sibling of Wayne Millard's mother, Della Millard. JMO

Campbell’s adoptive father and Millard’s mother were siblings. They had also gone “out with one another” when they were young and had, in early 2012, reconnected. By November, they were speaking almost every night on the phone, according to the Crown’s application to introduce his “ante mortem” statements at trial.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...cus-in-dellen-millards-next-murder-trial.html

So this lady is a cousin of DM by way of adoption ? Is that right. Is this the same adoptive father who hated DM. My apologies if this is either obvious or totally misunderstood.
Or are they saying adoptive cousin of father ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe she is Wayne Millard's cousin by way of adoption. Her adoptive father and Della Millard were siblings.

MOO

Didn't Smich handle that same gun? How about Iisho? Was Wayne's DNA on the gun?

Can't wait to see the evidence in this case. The phone evidence seems interesting. I have to think MB and JS will be called as witnesses. Doubtful Christina will be there. She was browsing online for wedding rings right after Wayne was shot.

I hope we find out post-trial what the below-referenced statement was. Perhaps Wayne expressed fear that DM would kill him.

But an agreement was reached with the defence to leave out a portion of one highly “contentious” statement alleged to have been made by Wayne Millard to Campbell, Cameron told the judge.

It's hard to believe that police didn't pursue DM as shooter; he must have said some things in his statement that raised red flags if Pillay doesn't want it presented.

Pillay is also seeking to exclude Dellen Millard’s 50-minute video statement made to police at 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 30, 2012. That issue will be argued at the conclusion of the Crown’s case, with the judge asked to rule before Pillay decides whether to call evidence, court heard Thursday.

Pillay argues the videotaped statement should be excluded because his client was unlawfully detained for hours at the residence and at a police station where officers failed to inform of his right to counsel.

I hope we find out post-trial what the below-referenced statement was. Perhaps Wayne expressed fear that DM would kill him.

It's hard to believe that police didn't pursue DM as shooter; he must have said some things in his statement that raised red flags if Pillay doesn't want it presented.

I believe the "highly contentious" statement was the one she made years later claiming DM came home while she was on the phone with WM on the night he died.

Wayne Millard and Campbell spoke for hours late Nov. 28 and into early Nov. 29 and the Crown originally wanted to include Campbell’s statement to police saying Dellen arrived home during that call.

And as far as the statement is concerned, there's probably nothing too incriminating in it, other than DM's general weirdness, but it's his attorney's job to get as much excluded as possible. Of course it may seem more incriminating now knowing what we know about his other murderous activities surrounding that death.

I would like to know how LE "detained him for hours" in his own home while investigating his father's death. Where did he want to go? How did they "detain" him? And I'm sure they asked him to come to the station after the investigation at the home was completed to answer a few questions and he agreed. He probably offered, he's that cocky and sure of himself. Is a witness supposed to be informed of his right to counsel before making a statement to LE? Because I assume at the time, he was not under arrest, just answering questions voluntarily as a witness?

MOO

I would like to know how LE "detained him for hours" in his own home while investigating his father's death. Where did he want to go? How did they "detain" him? And I'm sure they asked him to come to the station after the investigation at the home was completed to answer a few questions and he agreed. He probably offered, he's that cocky and sure of himself. Is a witness supposed to be informed of his right to counsel before making a statement to LE? Because I assume at the time, he was not under arrest, just answering questions voluntarily as a witness?

MOO
RSBM. I completely agree. I think this exclusion holds no weight. He wasn't a suspect, why would he need to be advised on his right to counsel? He wasn't detained. He was giving a statement as a witness. Good luck with that Pillay.

So Wayne Millard's 'girlfriend' at the time of his death was his first cousin?

Will there be a new heading for the new trial , this one is extremely long now. the trial begins May 31. Do people know there is a new book out about the father, "Millardair and me" it is by someone who knew the father very well.

Websleuths is moving , I wonder if they will continue. This site is closing down on May 21.

It’s a reasonable guess that DM’s statement later proved inconsistent with other evidence like cell phone records, witness statements etc., and that that’s a reason why his legal team is seeking to have it suppressed.

It sounds like MM might be a witness yet again? It’s been a fortunate thing for justice that she’s more or less one of the good guys.

He is using MS as his alibi that he was at MS s house when father died. MM is saying he left so proving he is lying. she hates DM and I guess any chance she can she will try to discredit him. She is not much better, I think she knew that DM and MS killed Laura and Tim Bosma. In the video with MS doing the rap about the murder of Laura she is in the video laughing and smiling. She said that MS and DM were in a happy mood when she say them after murdering Tim Bosma , she was no different , was smiling as MS rapped about murdering Laura.
She actually has a job now , they better keep an eye on her , more bodies may start showing up.

Reactions: JPC
He is using MS as his alibi that he was at MS s house when father died. MM is saying he left so proving he is lying. she hates DM and I guess any chance she can she will try to discredit him. She is not much better, I think she knew that DM and MS killed Laura and Tim Bosma. In the video with MS doing the rap about the murder of Laura she is in the video laughing and smiling. She said that MS and DM were in a happy mood when she say them after murdering Tim Bosma , she was no different , was smiling as MS rapped about murdering Laura.
She actually has a job now , they better keep an eye on her , more bodies may start showing up.
They better keep an eye on her? More bodies may start showing up?

I'm going to try to not go down this rabbit hole again, but this is a bit much. MM is not a murderer. As for the rap/video, she likely had no idea what it was really about. You can really lose yourself when you're a young, insecure girl, tied to, dependant on, and infatuated by a really bad guy.

They better keep an eye on her? More bodies may start showing up?

I'm going to try to not go down this rabbit hole again, but this is a bit much. MM is not a murderer. As for the rap/video, she likely had no idea what it was really about. You can really lose yourself when you're a young, insecure girl, tied to, dependant on, and infatuated by a really bad guy.
Nope she was not as innocent as she tried to portray herself. I think she is a ticking time bomb and the next guy that comes along will persuade her to do whatever they want. She claimed to not know Laura , I don't believe it for one minute and I also believe she wore some of Laura s clothes after DM murdered Laura and the clothes were in the red bag that ended up in MS s room.
Many others also think the same way about her , some have even much worse opinion of her. I think she got away with a lot and if there are more bodies and she was around , it would not be a surprise.

The posting space is huge. As for the upcoming trial, I am hoping that there is enough evidence allowed in to show this is murder. Out of the 3 cases, this one may be the one with the shakiest evidence based on what we have found out via the press. The bloody eye avatar is disturbing. Can't wait to hear from the witnesses.

This is a very different Websleuths now. What do people think? The next trial is 9 days from now.

It will take some getting used to but I'm glad we've got some time before the trial starts, especially if we're posting up tweets. And on that note, I also hope there is some media interest in live tweeting.

MOO

I did not see your post so I just said on a post that there is a new book. It looks interesting and it might reveal some things about the father and what happened to the marriage etc.

I’ve read most of the book. It is a real stinkeroo. Turns out Carl Millard was a cutthroat business man who cut corners anywhere he could and his son (Wayne) was your typical ‘came from money’ hippy type.

Really groundbreaking stuff...

Call me a cynic but there’s one thing that annoys me to no end and it is people who’s involvement was peripheral (at best) to an ‘event’ and they try to insert themselves in it. Example: ‘I was actually trying to sell my Dodge 1500 back in May 2013 and I only live 2 hrs away from Toronto. I could have been Tim Bosma.’ Yeah, except they weren’t after a Dodge 1500 and you don’t live anywhere near Toronto.

I live close by the old Bosma house and I’ve run into at least 3 or 4 people with stories like this.

The Millardair and me book reads as an excuse for a guy to tell his life story as it pertains to a true crime story. Except he left the company the same year DM was born and never met him.

In other words, who cares?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viclime23