Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped and BBM:

Come on. I agree with some people smiling when a camera is pointed at them, in a benign environment. But to smile reflexively doing a job like this? One you have supposedly been manipulated into doing? That is a pretty ridiculous suggestion, IMO. He's smiling so broadly because he is quite pleased with himself. MOO

Maybe joint murder creates a bonding effect? May we never know!

I really want to know what the "101 things about mark smich" are that DM referenced lol..

rsbm. Thank you for this! I asked for Invisible Darkness for Christmas (my family thinks I'm quite strange...) but perhaps I won't start with it. I also was young when the crimes occurred and the cases went before the courts, and have just started on my own unraveling of facts recently. Any groups, blogs, additional online reading, etc, you could also recommend?

I thought this board was about DM and MS and their guilty verdict for murdering Laura. The above seems to be about other cases?

When I go back to re-read pages, it surprises me how many comments I have missed seeing from following too closely behind/while typing comments perhaps.

Anyway I just thought I would share, I am about half way re-reading MM's testimony. I am trying to do it with new 'ears', from a place that believes she is telling the truth instead of covering up something. It does change some thoughts about her also brings up new comments and or questions.

I suppose much like people not able to believe that there can be TWO evil people - there can be those who just can't believe MM couldn't possibly be so oblivious to what was happening around her. That's were I came from, so while hearing her testimony I believed she was fabricating what she wanted.
Also I guess I picture court questions a bit less rehearsed and more like the initial police questioning and that leaves responses up for much more debate.

Still reading and trying to do so with a belief that she was caught off guard like a dear in the headlights. MAYBE is all I can say for now from me. Not that my opinion means a tonne, but this is a life sentence for MM as well going forward if others can believe her that is important too.

Speaking of sentencing...

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 1h1 hour ago
At courthouse for Matthew Ward-Jackson sentencing arguments. Crown wants 13 years, Defence 7.5. Includes Millard-related weapons trafficking and AK-47 case

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 56m56 minutes ago
There's a big group of friends here to support MWJ. Apparently the Crown made some or all of their submissions earlier

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 55m55 minutes ago
People who just see photos of MWJ often find it hard to believe that he has a certain bizarre charm as documented here
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...d-jackson-and-his-lawyer-deepak-paradkar.html

MWJ lawyer Kim Schofield now speaking. Saying judge will need to time to reflect, prepare reasons for final sentencing

Says things not as bad as Toronto South detention centre now as they used to be

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 43m43 minutes ago
MWJ is “the longest serving inmate at Toronto South Detention Centre," says his lawyer.

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 42m42 minutes ago
No he dumped MWJ early on due to conflict in Millard case
sandradee @SandraDeeT
Ann, is Paradkar still MWJ lawyer??

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 41m41 minutes ago
Schofield wants 6 years credit for time served, 1.5 years enhanced credit for repeated lockdowns at Toronto South. Says MWJ has mental health consequences, digestive issues, hernia

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 40m40 minutes ago
Her big argument is MWJ had no idea weapons he sold to Millard would be used for murder. Judge asks, what did he think?

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 35m35 minutes ago
Schofield responds there's always possibility a gun will be used for murder. “If there were a scintilla of evidence he knew the use to which they would be put you would have heard," she says

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 33m33 minutes ago
More to come. Asked to speak Ward-Jackson apologized, expressed regret for pain and suffering his actions have cause, says he's a changed man. "I would like to make my city proud not embarrassed," he tells court. We're done

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 25m25 minutes ago
Yes. Kim Schofield well respected and has fabulous un-lawyer like hair.
Edward Carter @EdwardCarter17
Replying to @AnnB03
Does he have a prominent / notable defence attorney?

Speaking of sentencing...

There's a big group of friends here to support MWJ. Apparently the Crown made some or all of their submissions earlier

People who just see photos of MWJ often find it hard to believe that he has a certain bizarre charm as documented here

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 33m33 minutes ago
More to come. Asked to speak Ward-Jackson apologized, expressed regret for pain and suffering his actions have cause, says he's a changed man. "I would like to make my city proud not embarrassed," he tells court. We're done

Bbm rsbm

This is hilarious!!! Too late MJW, I think you’ve been successful at making yourself an embarrassment to your city! Just as MS, DM and the rest of them have.

Sure, he’s now a changed man and expressed regret for what his actions caused.
Lol, Regret that he got caught but I’m sure he’ll be right back to business as soon as he’s released! I like tattoos and have many and I normally do not judge people with them but who would hire MJW with his face tatted like that? Yes people can change but that normally takes getting away from the bad company they keep. I just can’t see MJW being a burger flipper and still look cool to all his fans lol

Oh and I bet DM is jealous that MJW had so many supporters at court for him ��

JMO

I really want to know what the "101 things about mark smich" are that DM referenced lol..

Make stuff up yourself! It would be equally credible.
And those who are eager to see a contrite DM upon sentencing are going to be disappointed. I think he will act bored at best, disruptive and offensive at worst.

Bbm

This is hilarious!!! Too late MJW, I think you’ve been successful at making yourself an embarrassment to your city! Just as MS, DM and the rest of them have.

Sure, he’s now a changed man and expressed regret for what his actions caused.
Lol, Regret that he got caught but I’m sure he’ll be right back to business as soon as he’s released! I like tattoos and have many and I normally do not judge people with them but who would hire MJW with his face tatted like that? Yes people can change but that normally takes getting away from the bad company they keep. I just can’t see MJW being a burger flipper and still look cool to all his fans lol

Oh and I bet DM is jealous that MJW had so many supporters at court for him ��

JMO

I had to laugh at the reference to his "charm". Right out loud.

[FONT=&amp]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 2m2 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]
DRmECnoW4AAgIXK.jpg
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Matthew Ward-Jackson sentence hearing today. Crown seeks 13-years jail for man who sold Dellen Millard 3 guns used in murder spree. Ward-Jackson plead guilty to gun trafficking/possession. Def Lawyer: he is haunted by the consequences.
[/FONT]

I thought this board was about DM and MS and their guilty verdict for murdering Laura. The above seems to be about other cases?
Yes, that is what this board is about. We were talking about psychopathy regarding MS and DM, which led to discussions around others. May seem off topic, but it's actually quite relative. <modsnip> :seeya:

On a more serious Iish note, I wonder if he'll be back once he's eventually released. He's obviously chosen his millieu and made a lifetime time commitment with his face. I'll split the points 50/50 for kinda loyal and kinda stupid on that. His recent testimony made clear that his priorities remain with the street and jail code which is respected and expected in his world. It seems sad to me, but maybe it's exactly what and where he wants to be, and the only place he feels he fits. Degree by degree, we are what we do, and eventually any kind of U turn gets way too tight. Like Justice Code said, good luck to him.

Bbm rsbm

This is hilarious!!! Too late MJW, I think you&#8217;ve been successful at making yourself an embarrassment to your city! Just as MS, DM and the rest of them have.

Sure, he&#8217;s now a changed man and expressed regret for what his actions caused.
Lol, Regret that he got caught but I&#8217;m sure he&#8217;ll be right back to business as soon as he&#8217;s released! I like tattoos and have many and I normally do not judge people with them but who would hire MJW with his face tatted like that? Yes people can change but that normally takes getting away from the bad company they keep. I just can&#8217;t see MJW being a burger flipper and still look cool to all his fans lol

Oh and I bet DM is jealous that MJW had so many supporters at court for him &#65533;&#65533;

JMO
The statement "I'm a changed man" feel so disingenuous to me. I literally just shuddered and shook my head when I read it. Maybe I've just heard it on one to many occasions from various men in my lifetime, lmao.

The statement "I'm a changed man" feel so disingenuous to me. I literally just shuddered and shook my head when I read it. Maybe I've just heard it on one to many occasions from various men in my lifetime, lmao.

Can you imagine the judges that have to hear version after version of that, year after year? They have a hard job. In my very limited experience I've been impressed with the judges I've seen in action. The Crown and the defense wrestle down in the mud for a while, and out of that somehow comes something shiny and wise from the bench.

On a more serious Iish note, I wonder if he'll be back once he's eventually released. He's obviously chosen his millieu and made a lifetime time commitment with his face. I'll split the points 50/50 for kinda loyal and kinda stupid on that. His recent testimony made clear that his priorities remain with the street and jail code which is respected and expected in his world. It seems sad to me, but maybe it's exactly what and where he wants to be, and the only place he feels he fits. Degree by degree, we are what we do, and eventually any kind of U turn gets way too tight. Like Justice Code said, good luck to him.

Funny that you say that. MWJ states in this video at around the 2:00 minute mark that this is a way of life, and not a game in reference to his tattoos and lifestyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_rFvu-7FsY

Make stuff up yourself! It would be equally credible.
And those who are eager to see a contrite DM upon sentencing are going to be disappointed. I think he will act bored at best, disruptive and offensive at worst.
Lol, I'm not expecting anything contrite from DM. I simply think he deserves to sit in court and have it laid on thick from Justice Code and listen to how he ruined the lives of a family. Shouldn't be an option.

Wasn't an option for LB's friends and family to be cross examined by DM.

[FONT=&amp]marianne boucher&#8207; @CityCourtsTO 2m2 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]
DRmECnoW4AAgIXK.jpg
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Matthew Ward-Jackson sentence hearing today. Crown seeks 13-years jail for man who sold Dellen Millard 3 guns used in murder spree. Ward-Jackson plead guilty to gun trafficking/possession. Def Lawyer: he is haunted by the consequences.
[/FONT]
He sold DM three guns? I did not know that, pfft , hope he gets a long sentence.

Couldn't agree more. Especially when considering in this case, her father was forced to be cross examined by DM. DM should be forced to listen to the Judge and family impact statements.
We all know what he will do just sit there looking pissed off and shaking his head when the victim impact statements are read. not abit of remorse.

DM could still get revenge from prison to the people who helped get him convicted. Those who turned on him I believe now since proven to kill a few people that because he has access to money he could still get revenge on people from prison.
Usually, other criminals have connections of people.
Maybe it is why CN left the country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back