Law Enforcement Needs Our HELP! Can you identify this shirt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't think anything on the shirt is meant to mean anything, sometimes shirts from F21 and Walmart will say "SUNNY BEACH 1978 " or some dumb BS and it has no meaning other than being "trendy" for kids, ya know? And there's always the chance the shirt was from Poland or Europe but somehow made it's way to goodwill and another kid picked it up. This is a tough one because clothes are mass produced and can end up anywhere :\

Takko is owned by Apax Partners, a European private equity firm. According to Apax' description, Takko specializes in fast fashion that is designed in-house and sourced via proprietary networks. It sounds something like Old Navy and like they don't make clothing for third parties (e.g., school t-shirts), but rather, Homewood and Red Hill and Cool Beach are just more or less made up. https://www.apax.com/media/440340/Takko.pdf

I would guess that LE has the same Google skills we do. I think LE are asking for help in the hope that someone will actually recognize the shirt.

Actually, I think Law Enforcement in this situation really was asking about anything anyone could find out about the shirt. Of course if that "anything" included "yes, my sister's ex-husband has one just like it," they'd be delighted.

I was looking into Apax to and found this article...

Takko said in an email that the company became aware of misconduct, including the employment of underage workers, at the Myanmar factory following an audit...

A spokeswoman for Takko said the audit had shown that children under the age of 18 had been working at the factory...

Three institutions that invest in Apax's funds expressed concerns...

-California State Teachers' Retirement System
-Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
-Greater Manchester Pension Fund

ARTICLE

Someone with ties to Europe? Possibly the wearer of the TShirt is from Europe, or has visited Europe. Or someone bought it in Europe and gave it to the person wearing it.

It's also possible someone in the US/outside Europe bought the TShirt online and had it shipped. But I think this would be less likely because of shipping costs.

Could also be a military family that was stationed in Europe.

Here is the thing about shirts. When a company prints shirts in bulk they make a lot. Football National Championship or Super Bowl they make Champs shirts for both teams. Only one team wins and they ship the rest of the shirts to Africa. The Patriots super bowl shirts from last year would be there.

Under Armour prints up shirts for my team and I’ve seen that shirt being worn in Europe. The fact it’s on a Polish website doesn’t mean much to me. When they print shirts they have the rights to print more and sell in other countries.

I thought of this right away as well. Whether applicable in this case or not, it's something people need to be aware of.

I think limiting what we are looking for to polish sources is too restrictive. People make online pen pals who send them gifts, there are secondhand shops like goodwill, savers, etc. this shirt could literally have been picked up anywhere, regardless of the seemingly polish origins.

I think limiting what we are looking for to polish sources is too restrictive. People make online pen pals who send them gifts, there are secondhand shops like goodwill, savers, etc. this shirt could literally have been picked up anywhere, regardless of the seemingly polish origins.
You're totally right, it seems to be a mass produced value shirt which could have ended up anywhere in the world.

But playing the percentages, the most likely location is in the countries where it was sold. It really doesn't narrow it down that much, but maybe sharing the info we don't know with Europol / police in those countries may lead to something.

(I'm making a big assumption that LE doesn't know where the video was filmed.)

My quick google was showing U.K. websites for this brand. But where did this brand information from the poster come from?
You need to zoom in, but the label is attached to the shirt, just above it. I'm on mobile now and for some reason I can't zoom in enough for a screenshot.
201811 CHŁOPIĘCA KOSZULKA T-SHIRT 134/140

The brand is a TAKKO store brand.

Here is the store's FB page showing the shirt:

Found one on your FB link, they were advertising it in March 2015.

View attachment 164689

Takko Fashion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz