LE and this case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After doing a little research I read that this investigator is well, well liked and admired. One of his many praises comes for his work in the "gang" related field. Anyone else heard the same?

Am reposting since it belongs here. In this case the evidence led investigators in multiple directions and they extensively interviewed and gathered info from numerous sources. Everyone who wants to find a missing child, but especially the custodial parent and the one claiming to have last seen, and been present at the time the child disappeared, should be assisting LE in every way possible--w/out worrying about where any evidence leads. I'd be at their beck and call--putting myself at their disposal 24/7 volunteering as much time as it took--and demonstrate thru my willingness to work w LE that I was an open book. To fault LE while simultaneously resisting LE and cutting off interviews is disingenuinuous. While the investigation admittedly appears to us to have stalled, needless to say LE has more info obviously on which they're basing the course of the investigation. They do not deserve criticism IMO. Just as my theories have hardly been one-tracked (they have been all over the place, run the gamut from A to Z--please see the early threads), neither has LE had tunnel vision. After following this case from the outset, IMO they've pursued all possible angles. Like whisperer I too am hopeful the investigation can now become more focused and energized. JMO

:parrot:

Lots of information here what I would really like to know is what happened to change the investigators mind about the roundtable discussion that was supposed to occur a month after the first one?

http://www.pcso.us/2009-6-5-a

snip~No suspects were identified as a result of this meeting, and no persons were eliminated. The participants emphasized that the Haleigh Cummings case IS NOT a cold case. There are still investigative leads to be followed, evidence to be analyzed, and previous interviews to be re-conducted. The group intends to meet again in 30 days if the case has not yet been solved.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy was very complimentary of the efforts thus far, and commented, "There were a lot of new ideas and a lot of things that we've looked at that we're going to look at again." He further stated, "We are going to follow this through to the end."~ end snip

I can't help but wonder if the round table was done for appearance purposes.

I wonder elle, why these roundtable meeting haven't been happening every 30 days, period?

The thing i find amazing is how LE can continue to say this is not a cold case, i don't want to believe it is, but i mean, nothing is happening. They are really no closer to finding HaLeigh than they were the night she went missing. No one has been cleared as suspects.

I think it is time for PCSO to let another agency take over, they have had 10 months to wade through the bs, and have gotten no where. JMO :)

The only thing I know is that we haven't had an announcement that another one has taken place, or another 9. Maybe they have and we don't know.

I do want to know why this case particularly is played so close to the vest by LE, letting very little information out, disallowing media or the public to really assist on the case at all. I'm starting to really wonder why it is played so close to the vest.

I have been wondering that for the last 8 or 9 months, debs! I am really starting to get ticked already.

I find it a little hard to swallow when reading that JMerchant has spent most of his 16 years in the drug unit....

I wonder elle, why these roundtable meeting haven't been happening every 30 days, period?

The thing i find amazing is how LE can continue to say this is not a cold case, i don't want to believe it is, but i mean, nothing is happening. They are really no closer to finding HaLeigh than they were the night she went missing. No one has been cleared as suspects.

I think it is time for PCSO to let another agency take over, they have had 10 months to wade through the bs, and have gotten no where. JMO :)

I agree, I hope we hear soon of some movement. Unless they have solved the case and just neglected to tell the family.:waitasec:

The only thing I know is that we haven't had an announcement that another one has taken place, or another 9. Maybe they have and we don't know.

I do want to know why this case particularly is played so close to the vest by LE, letting very little information out, disallowing media or the public to really assist on the case at all. I'm starting to really wonder why it is played so close to the vest.

Me too, debs. I truly wish there was someway the FBI could take over the lead in this case.

I wonder if it is an overreaction to the Caylee Anthony case's approach of putting out too much info. It's a deliberate approach and my guess is that we might understand this in hindsight if & when this case is solved.

I agree, I hope we hear soon of some movement. Unless they have solved the case and just neglected to tell the family.:waitasec:

IMHO..IF they have solved the case they have neglected to arrest Ron C...and the members of his family who have been covering for him....JMO

I wonder if it is an overreaction to the Caylee Anthony case's approach of putting out too much info. It's a deliberate approach and my guess is that we might understand this in hindsight if & when this case is solved.

A combination challenge to the veracity of the Sunshine Laws as applicable in every case? Interesting.

It may be that LE does know what happened, but have no body and not enough proof to arrest the person responsible. I can think of no other reason why they would turn down search groups and wouldn't bring in additional LE, such as the FBI who have unlimited resources. At the very least they could ask the FBI to profile the case.

It's baffling to me, that's for sure. It will be a shame if they let this case go cold, or maybe not, if they can bring in a qualified cold case squad.

They are biding their time...

If misty and ron didn't lawyer up, it would be different. This can take years once attorneys get involved. There is not one good reason these two needed to lawyer up unless they are guilty..imo.

I hope LE can keep up with all the resident moves this family makes. Any word of anything happening on Rita Lane?

What needed to be done and most likely was is a psychological profile on misty and ron. After this is complete and IF they were involved with the crime, it is somewhat easier to get an idea of what they do with Haleigh. That is what is important and that is why these two and others need to be evaluated and their personalities examined. After profiling Casey, it was easy to see what she would do and where she would place Caylee. The big problem was they said that area had been cleared, so it got ruled out very early. kc was a comfort creature and very much lived a routine. It was likely Caylee would be close to home due to casey's comfort level. Not many people would like to travel very far with a dead body in their car.

Slightly OT but a follow-up to your post whips, and given current forum structure unclear where else--in which other existing thread--this would belong...

Who among the clan is a hunter, outdoorsman, fisherman, boatsman... and where was their preferred locale or stomping grounds?

Given family properties and surrounding parcels of land the options for a land disposal would seem limitless (including Rear 40 or back yard, and river w/in proximity of PDM), but other than small boat more recently seen pictured in GMS' back yard which players had familiarity w and access to water?

:parrot:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08