LE investigating sect amid claims 4 and 8 year old girls to be married to prophet

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Bohemian

Reaction score
Cops probe bizarre polygamist doomsday Knights of the Crystal Blade sect amid claims kidnapped girls, aged 4 and 8, were to be married to groups prophet
Emma Parry
The Sun UK
DECEMBER 6, 2017 9:27pm [AEDT]

US police are investigating a bizarre doomsday prepper cult after kidnapped children were found hidden in water barrels, shipping containers and an abandoned trailer at a remote compound.

Police in Utah also told Sun Online they were looking into claims that two of the kidnapped girls - aged 8 and 4 - were to be married to the so-called prophet of the Knights of the Crystal Blade sect Samuel Schaffer.

Mum Micha Coltharp reported that her four children S 6, W 7, D, 8, and H, 4, had been kidnapped by their dad John Coltharp - who she was divorcing - back in September.

She told authorities that doomsday prepper Coltharp had taken the kids, along with his parents Keith and Catherine, to join Shaffer and the Knights of the Crystal Blade - which she said was a religious survivalist sect.

Coltharp, 33, was arrested last Friday but refused to give the location of his children and an Amber Alert was issued.

Police in Iron County, Utah, later discovered a remote compound made up of shipping containers, where they found the two kidnapped boys - S and W - and their grandparents.

Officers were told that Shaffer, 34, had taken the two Coltharp girls D and H - along with his own daughters L 7, and S 5, to sleep in a tent near the compound.

After a huge search air and land search, Shaffer was found wandering alone on a dirt track and arrested on Monday.

He gave cops the general location of L and H, who were found that night hidden in a blue water barrel in subfreezing temperatures.

The 34-year-old initially refused to reveal the location of the other two girls - D and S - but they were finally found around an hour later in an abandoned trailer in poor health.

The two boys were checked by doctors and interviewed by police.

All four girls were taken to hospital and later released except the youngest child S who remains in an unknown condition.

The four Coltharp children have now been reunited with their mother, according to police.

Read more at:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...t/news-story/415a2813f5e55335682b43f3fe63a3e6

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the horrible horrible mistake of reading a few of the "blog" entries from the kingdomofgod site....... :gaah: :facepalm: :scared: :banghead:

My heart breaks for the children but I am glad that they are finally safe!!! How sad (& extremely religiously twisted) that he intended to marry off his little 5/8yo girls

The gentleman who runs the blog regularly posts photos of his own kids, so we know other children are still in a seemingly precarious situation. No action that I know of has been taken against the future "husband" of the rescued children and group leader, Samuel Shaffer.

The gentleman who runs the blog regularly posts photos of his own kids, so we know other children are still in a seemingly precarious situation. No action that I know of has been taken against the future "husband" of the rescued children and group leader, Samuel Shaffer.

I am really hoping that authorities will continue the investigation into this group/cult/whatever you wanna call it now that it has received some attention due to the reported-missing-then-found children.

Found a couple more articles (I hope the youngest girl is ok seems she was airlifted in serious? condition to PCH):

SLT

WCYB

Instead of "polygamist" it should read "pedophilia" ugh

Former 'prophet' of doomsday church appears in court following Amber Alert
Good4Utah.com
By: KIERRA DOTSON
Updated: Dec 06, 2017 05:50 PM MST

‘IRON COUNTY (ABC4 Utah)- Samuel Shaffer, the man who officials say abused and kidnapped two sisters earlier this week, was charged on Wednesday with two counts of child kidnapping and four counts of child abuse.’

‘In his first court appearance Wednesday, Shaffer requested a court-appointed attorney. He is currently being held on no bail. His next court appearance is in two weeks.’

Read more at:

http://www.good4utah.com/news/south...pear-in-court-following-amber-alert/876297710

These two men... Wow. I am trying to think of the term they used in the Slenderman trials to describe the girls...

Folie a deux "shared delusional disorder"

Salt Lake Tribune was my go-to for all things FLDS but I haven't followed anything since they built Zion in Texas and the state seized hundreds of children. Oh and the Warren Jeffs train wreck.

They have a link here with Shaffers mugshot and some scary details about Coltharp.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...ous-sect-called-knights-of-the-crystal-blade/

Thanks for posting this, Bo. I came across it yesterday and was going to post it here at Sleuths, but honestly, I didn't know where to put, what to call it, or what to think.

What a shocking case.

So Mom hasn't seen her 4 babies since September?
Why haven't we heard about this abducted children before?
Where is the Mom of Samuel's daughters?
I hope there are charges against the Grandparents?

Oh hell, so many questions :scared:

They need to arrest the mom for allowing these children to be in danger of a pedophile.....or pedophiles....

They need to arrest the mom for allowing these children to be in danger of a pedophile.....or pedophiles....

I thought the Dad took off with the children without her consent in September?

should be life but I guess it's close to it
the victims will suffer all their lives

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734