LE making progress? What ever happened with..

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
General question, not necessarily directed at just you: if the course of their investigation has lead them to Terri from all avenues, why would they want to refocus on another angle? If they (and by "they", I mean all the investigators from all the different agencies that are participating) feel, with all the information that they are working with, that they have the right scenario, why should they not fixate on that?

Are you saying that LE should exclude all other persons because Terri is the perfect or only choice. The evidence so far does not suggest that Terri is the most logical suspect. It does put her in the list of people who may have had the opportunity to harm Kyron but no more than this.

LE is required to examine ALL avenues in the investigation, not just the one that seems least challenging. LE have been under pressure to make an arrest and as yet they don't seem to have enough evidence to even name a person of interest. It is simplistic to think that LE has no people to consider other than Terri and her friends.

If the truth is to be lost in a rush to judge, determined by nothing more than a "feeling" or "fixation" and a need to bring a case to conclusion with a person not even designated a suspect, then the investigation could be considered flawed.

We have no idea whether LE is focused on Terri Horman. We only know that the media is.

We don't know anything for sure, but we can make an educated guess that since all the combined efforts of all these different agencies that specialize in these cases have resulted in the focus being on Terri, it is for good reason. If whatever they have has pointed to her, then why would they refocus? Clearly they feel she's responsible. The post I quoted and was replying to said that they should refocus on other possible scenarios, so the point of my question was to ask why they should do that when they are telling us that they are to the point of building a case. Clearly, they know who they are building a case against and why.

I have not heard anywhere that LE is to the point of building a case against Terri, supposition does not a fact make! Fallacious arguments sound credible but but ultimately don't stand up to scrutiny, LE has not said Terri is the focus and they have never told us they are building a case against her.

I have not heard anywhere that LE is to the point of building a case against Terri, supposition does not a fact make! Fallacious arguments sound credible but but ultimately don't stand up to scrutiny, LE has not said Terri is the focus and they have never told us they are building a case against her.

And, IMO, that's exactly what makes this case so interesting. Think about it, the information that the case is building around TH comes from.....surprise!..... the media and their unamed, though allegedly reliable sources. Who in the sam hill is that?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._horman_c.html

Stanton from the last presser:

"All this information has been compiled, a lot of questions have been

answered
. We're now focusing on what we have collected and targeting those

areas
to help the district attorney's office to develop a case that they can

prosecute successfully
." Sounds like they like they are confident in the direction they are going, so re-focas?

If you read all that LE-SPEAK it says anything you would like it to say, I'm sure I could use it to prop up any position I would like to take in this case. Like a political statement generic concepts to appease the multitude. It says nothing really.

Are you saying that LE should exclude all other persons because Terri is the perfect or only choice. The evidence so far does not suggest that Terri is the most logical suspect. It does put her in the list of people who may have had the opportunity to harm Kyron but no more than this.

LE is required to examine ALL avenues in the investigation, not just the one that seems least challenging. LE have been under pressure to make an arrest and as yet they don't seem to have enough evidence to even name a person of interest. It is simplistic to think that LE has no people to consider other than Terri and her friends.

If the truth is to be lost in a rush to judge, determined by nothing more than a "feeling" or "fixation" and a need to bring a case to conclusion with a person not even designated a suspect, then the investigation could be considered flawed.

BBM

And you know this how? I think it is perfectly reasonable to speculate the opposite could be true given they have said that they have "tons of evidence" so they have probably ruled out other people that may have been on the list.

BBM

And you know this how? I think it is perfectly reasonable to speculate the opposite could be true given they have said that they have "tons of evidence" so they have probably ruled out other people that may have been on the list.

LE may say it has evidence but it has never claimed that evidence is for or against Terri, probabilities don't count in something as serious as this no matter how much one may speculate. LE has never said they have "tons of evidence" and I bet the investigation is ongoing because the evidence is neither as complete nor as solid as they would have us believe.

LE may say it has evidence but it has never claimed that evidence is for or against Terri, probabilities don't count in something as serious as this no matter how much one may speculate. LE has never said they have "tons of evidence" and I bet the investigation is ongoing because the evidence is neither as complete nor as solid as they would have us believe.

Correct, I believe the correct quote was "a major ton of evidence". No doubt in a circumstantial case they have to work very, very hard to get every scrap of evidence, layer by layer.

Correct, I believe the correct quote was "a major ton of evidence". No doubt in a circumstantial case they have to work very, very hard to get every scrap of evidence, layer by layer.

I must have missed that rather unprofessional quote nevertheless it was directed against an, as yet, unspecified person.

Gates from the Aug. 11th presser. Not sure I agree it was unprofessional, but I thought it was an oddly worded statement.

I must have missed that rather unprofessional quote nevertheless it was directed against an, as yet, unspecified person.

Gates (I believe IIRC) from the Aug. 11th presser. Not sure I agree it was unprofessional, but I thought it was an oddly worded statement.

We have no idea whether LE is focused on Terri Horman. We only know that the media is.
IMO, Bunch clarified that for me during the hearing.Although it is only his opinion and of course he is not a spokesperson from LE, he would be in a position to know imo. The basis of the abatement was the conflict with the criminal investigation.

>>"Everything at issue in the divorce is fodder for the state in its forging of additional links in its evidence," Bunch said. "The state has the ability to obtain every single bit of information that is produced in this case and that is outside the bounds of what it could do were this proceeding not occurring." <<

>>Although a suspect hasn't been named in Kyron's disappearance, investigators have been intently focused on Terri Horman. Even Bunch said Thursday, "There's no doubt she's in the cross hairs of the state's investigation." <<

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/judge_delays_terri_and_kaine_h.html

Gates, during the Aug 11 presser, was asked by a reporter if LE had video of Terri at the Fred Meyer stores.

As is commonly known among those of us who diligently follow true crime cases, everything LE collects gets booked in as evidence. At the time they collect it, they don't know if it's inculpatory, exculpatory, or just trash (and sometimes it is literally just that, just trash, reference Caylee's case). Nor do they know, if it does prove to be inculpatory or exculpatory, what person(s) it rules in or rules out. It all has to be examined, analyzed, subjected to forensics tests, etc.

In no way did Gates imply that they had inculpatory evidence, exculpatory evidence, evidence of neither kind, or evidence that ruled in or ruled out any specific person(s).

August 11 Press Conference
Transcription of LE (Captain Gates) on "ton of evidence"

Approx 18:33

Reporter: What about surveillance footage of Terri Horman at any one of these Fred Meyer locations? Do you have surveillance footage of Terri Horman?

Captain Gates: We, we are examining a, a major ton of evidence, and I'm not able to comment on what that evidence is, or to the exact nature.

(Reporter interrupts with a different question)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/live_video_watch_the_kyron_hor_1.html

Are you saying that LE should exclude all other persons because Terri is the perfect or only choice.

I am in no way, shape, or form saying that LE is supposed to exclude all other possibilities because TH seems to be the most logical suspect. Absolutely not. What I am saying is that LE is 4.5 months into this investigation, and I trust that they are doing their jobs and have looked at all of the possibilities and examined the circumstances thoroughly and have ruled those other possibilities out and have very good reason to suspect the person that they clearly suspect. I trust that LE isn't investigating this woman based off of a hunch or a feeling. I trust that the highly trained professionals of the FBI and other various LE agencies that are involved in this case are not going off of feelings and fixations. Do you trust them to have investigated other possibilities?

The evidence so far does not suggest that Terri is the most logical suspect. It does put her in the list of people who may have had the opportunity to harm Kyron but no more than this.

Well, for one, it can't be both ways. You're saying the evidence so far doesn't suggest that TH is the most logical suspect. Isn't the argument against TH being the suspect that there is no evidence to back it up in the first place? How can you say that there is no evidence showing that she did this at all, but also say that the evidence doesn't suggest she's the suspect? which is it? no evidence, or evidence that doesn't implicate her? IMO, while LE hasn't confirmed any of the reports that have come out, that doesn't mean that they aren't true. It just means that LE is conducting an investigation and isn't going to confirm or deny anything at this point. They've told us that. They've said that we have no right to know anything until they are finished building their case. So, although LE hasn't confirmed, say, the MFH or the sexual relationship with MC to the public, they have turned over TH's cell records to KH's attorney, and those records show that she exchanged hundreds of graphic sexts and pics with him, and ALSO that those were similar in content to sexts sent to the LS. Those records are real, so that is confirmation of the relationship with MC. She started that relationship just a couple of weeks after Kyron goes missing. That is a huge red flag that goes to prove mindset. And if she also had a relationship with the LS and sent him these same types of pics and sexts (and this is before Kyron goes missing and while she's still married to Kaine), then I am going to believe LE on this one and accept that the MFH plot actually happened in some fashion. Remember, LE told Kaine that this happened, so while they may not have said "hey, public, she tried to hire someone to kill her husband", they did tell Kaine and being that I am trusting LE to do their jobs here, I believe them. I just can't understand why so many people don't! Do you think that LE is wrong about the MFH? how about the relationship w/ MC and the LS? do you believe that those actually happened? and what do you think the implications are if those things did happen?

LE have been under pressure to make an arrest and as yet they don't seem to have enough evidence to even name a person of interest.

Have they been under pressure to make an arrest? I don't think so. They really don't seem to care what the public thinks here in terms of how long this might take. They have flatly stated that they are conducting an ongoing investigation, they will not comment on that investigation, and we have no right to know anything about that investigation. They haven't named a suspect yet, why would they? who would it benefit? the public? again, they aren't out to please us. Her own lawyer has called her the de facto suspect, so they obviously know that she's the focus of the investigation.

If the truth is to be lost in a rush to judge, determined by nothing more than a "feeling" or "fixation" and a need to bring a case to conclusion with a person not even designated a suspect, then the investigation could be considered flawed

I'd agree with you, if that were actually the case here, but IMO it is the furthest thing from the case. I would love for a reporter to ask LE at one of these pressers if they feel that they have based their investigation on a hunch or fixation. So we have all the members of all the LE agencies involved in this case running around based on hunches? give me a break. Just because we don't know what investigative material they have doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It means that we don't know about it.

So if LE came out today and named TH a suspect, would that change how you feel about this case? would that confirm anything in your mind? I'm honestly curious. I keep seeing "she hasn't even officially been named a suspect". So, if she was, would that change anything for you?

But we don't know what the cell phone records show, for instance. We only know what those unnamed sources say the cell phone records show, as reported by media who have contradicted themselves and each other while they repeated rumor as if it were fact.

It might be true. It might not. We just don't know, and won't until evidence is presented in court.

Terri's divorce lawyer, Peter Bunch, says she is a "de facto suspect." Terri is basing her entire argument for the abatement on that assumption. How can any of you say she is not a suspect, when she says she is herself?

Terri's divorce lawyer, Peter Bunch, says she is a "de facto suspect." Terri is basing her entire argument for the abatement on that assumption. How can any of you say she is not a suspect, when she says she is herself?

that's easy. to me it doesn't matter who spins the tale, the attorneys, the media or us here on websleuths. until the police name a suspect in this case, then the police don't have a named suspect in this case.

that's easy. to me it doesn't matter who spins the tale, the attorneys, the media or us here on websleuths. until the police name a suspect in this case, then the police don't have a named suspect in this case.

No, they don't have a named suspect in this case, but it isn't necessary to do so. It's really not a big deal if they don't name a suspect, but so many people keep repeating that like it is. Do they need to name someone a suspect before they arrest them? no. Do they NEED to name a suspect, period? no. Do they always name one? no. In a case like this where everything is being kept so close to the vest, why would we expect them to name a suspect? And the point that citigirl was making was a good one...TH is acknowledging that she is the de facto suspect via her attorney's own words. That is about as close to her officially being named a suspect as we can get short of LE holding a presser and announcing that she is the official suspect.

Question to you, or anyone else who wants to reply: Would TH being officially named the suspect change your view on this case? If so, how? If not, why?

There aren't enough words to describe my frustration with Kyron's investigation. If we could just get that one crucial piece of information that would lead us to him :banghead:

Everyday I check this site for some news that they've found something and everyday its the same theories or conversation. :banghead:

I honestly could care less about what TH does with all of her free time now or why she might have done something with him, or even who she might be sexting with... :steamed:

I just want this boy found and brought back to his family. (in a perfect world, he would be found ALIVE and well, but if he is no longer in this life, then I also want him found so he can rest at peace and whoever took him should at least give him that respect.)

He has to be somewhere - they need to figure out where that somewhere is and go get him. I am not concerned about the case LE is building against TH or the fact that they're trying to follow the steps to succeed in trial against her...I am concerned that there is a missing child out there and he needs to be home with his family. :cursing:

That's my two cents :twocents: just sayin...:drink::drink:

What TH's attorney said doesn't mean anything. I could call up a TV station and tell them I'm a suspect -- and there are probably some nutcases who have.

I think the attorney is trying to put the situation in the worst possible light so the judge is clear on the central point of self-incrimination. I don't think it says anything about whether LE suspects TH or anybody else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12
Back