LE serves search warrant on family home #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you all asked so nicely, yet another guest signed up : ME! :)

Ive come to WS several times with certain news stories for the fantastic posts and you all keeping up on things by the minute, when I couldn't. All I can say is TY for all of your hard work each one of you and your insights and theories. I also have to add here that LE is doing an incredible job on this one. 2 thumbs up from a terribly cantankerous irritable lady who is oft times critical of LE.. again : ME!

After having read all of this and the things Ive seen here and there on the news, I unfortunately now believe that the mother has something to do with it, if not being the perp. I truly had given her the benefit of the doubt due to personal experiences that have proven to me that not everyone reacts to a tragedy in a textbook way, but her behaviors on film just have a hinky feel to them and the story is constantly changing. The truth usually stands alone and doesnt need revisions. If the statements made by her "ex-freinds"' can be believed, it definitely points to a woman who would at the very least cover for an accident because she cant admit to any wrong, or having done it herself.

I feel the police are not only seeking the cells but "kitchen sinking" it before the parents of Lisa return home and possibly dispose of additional evidence. Its obvious they convinced a judge of probable cause for the warrant.. and it being so extensive. Good for LE and good on the judge. I do wonder what new evidence they have previous to the warrant, but I suppose we will all have to wait for that.

BTW, those are most likely xray film.. bomb squad was there. They have the equipment. If something was perhaps encased in concrete or etc.. the xrays will show an abnormality. It can be used for many things, so dont go off thinking she is encased in a toolbox in concrete in an abandoned pool under the shed. :)

We will hope for the best, but this is a body/evidence search.. not a missing child hunt IMO.

:welcome5: Excellent first post, and love your user name!

Trying to catch up any help with replies would be appreciated. Do we know why the bomb squad was called to help? What kind of equipment was used? Also, any idea why they used rakes? Oh and I really want to know what those black things are!! Did they really remove 46 from the home???

Wonder if we've hung out together so much here that we're all on the same cycle now. I asked husband to pick up chocolate milk on the way home, and he agrees that there is so much probable cause to allow me to collect it from the fridge that I don't even need a search warrant. Will share if someone has something salty to go with it! :giggle:

Now THAT was funny !! :floorlaugh:
The power of Websleuths compels me, the power of websleuths compels me, *projectile green pea soup* the power of websleuths compels me...

:banghead:
:D

The mods are like the priest who makes it all better.

OT here for a second.... But I had to..

Dear Dear AphroditeInHerNighti,

I am new here as well and I am going to let you in on a little secret, this is the BEST forum I have ever been on in my life BUT.... expect to get chair sores on your arse, expect to have your home become a mess, expect your significant other to never eat again and if you have children the same goes for them, expect to stay in your PJ's almost all day and expect to eat ice cream and candy bars for lunch and breakfast because those things take 2 minutes to grab and its a short enough time so you dont have to sign back in again, expect to do nothing but refresh your page non stop and expect your family to start talking about an intervention or think you are having an online affair and finally, every time you get out of bed in the morning you must rush to the comp and see what the heck you have missed all night because you do have to go to bed eventually to take the weight off of those arse sores you will get... Ha..
PS.. Get a butt pillow... JMO..

Trying to catch up any help with replies would be appreciated. Do we know why the bomb squad was called to help? What kind of equipment was used? Also, any idea why they used rakes? Oh and I really want to know what those black things are!! Did they really remove 46 from the home???

Apparently there was some equipment the bomb/arson squad uses that LE needed at the scene, but I don't think we ever found out what exactly it was. It looked to me like they were clearing loose surface debris with the rake, then doing a little shallow digging/probing in some spots. We aren't sure what the black things were, but someone found pics of some forensic carbon filters that looked similar.

They are actually still searching, the black things are x-ray films which is where the bomb squad comes in, they apparently have something on their truck that lets them look at them right away. The rakes I will assume were to look for the cell phones possibly to clear debris for that. They had shovels, rakes, bags, the usual stuff that CSI would have. Thats really all we could see because the footage was far away. Dont know if anyone else might have had a closer view though.

NG covering Lisa case tonight. My link is going in and out.

'No need for a search warrant' could as easily mean 'because the parents had previously given their consent for searches and would again' as it could mean 'the police had no right to be in that house!' What Tacopina actually said was that LE has had unfettered access to the house from the beginning, and that the the parents had already removed themselves from the property.

This is why I am truly beginning to hate the media. The way they spin and edit for sound bites is just whipping up a frenzy over things people didn't actually say.

I've grown rather sick of the media in this case after today. DB is doing a bang up job of making herself look guilty so why are some people so hell bent on creating news where none exists just to bolster their viewpoint? The interviews with the "old friends" were enough to make me feel sorry for DB and start really questioning everything that is reported now.

*sorry for errors, posting from phone.

Thank you for the welcomes all :)

I wanted to add that this attorney is a piece of work. In regard to his comment, "I don't know why a warrant is needed. They can go in and out any time," Tacopina said. "They have had unfettered access because we want answers."

Grrr. He KNOWS why a warrant is needed! ESTABLISHING THE CHAIN OF EVIDENCE. Duh. He is pandering to the people watching the news and trying to make the public question the police and put his client in a favorable light. If they dont establish the chain legally to present in court properly ,the defense can rip it to shreds or petition to have it excluded as evidence and it wont be presented to a jury. This is the normal protocol for gathering evidence.. a warrant and a chain. Not just walking in and grabbing junk to throw in a bag and present in court because they have unfettered access. Good lord I cant stand that lawyer... this should make his client look even worse to anyone who is paying attention.

geez, my second post is a rant toward a defense atty.. I oughtto really fit in here. :rocker: :floorlaugh:

RE: The (possible) garage sale. Would this have been an individual sale at the Irwin home, or was it a multi-home/neighborhood event? How was it publicized? Local flier distribution? Local newspaper classified ad? Large distribution newspaper and/or internet? I'm just trying to "picture" the scope of the population that might have been attracted to a garage sale at the Irwin home.

Our HOA doesn't permit individual garage sales (Estate Sales with permission of Board), but there is a well-planned subdivision sale every other summer, usually in mid-July. Whoever chairs the event provides information for residents about how to have a successful garage sale that includes safety tips. We are advised to not allow anyone to enter our homes for any reason, keep doors/windows locked, keep cash hidden from customers, etc. These are common sense issues no matter where I lived. jmo

Right, to an extent it is. There has to be probable cause to search, but the scope has to be defined as well (and in some cases it could well include an entire property and everything found on/in it, as appears to be the situation in this case).

An example of what I meant: probable cause to search for and collect computer hard drives at a business likely wouldn't translate to a search warrant allowing LE to also go on a fishing expedition in the personal lockers of employees to see if anyone is hiding a little stash of weed. KWIM?

It all depends. LE or the employer might have a reasonable belief that an employee has a hard drive stashed in their locker. If they search the locker and find illegal substances, they can arrest the employee.

JMO

OT here for a second.... But I had to..

Dear Dear AphroditeInHerNighti,

I am new here as well and I am going to let you in on a little secret, this is the BEST forum I have ever been on in my life BUT.... expect to get chair sores on your arse, expect to have your home become a mess, expect your significant other to never eat again and if you have children the same goes for them, expect to stay in your PJ's almost all day and expect to eat ice cream and candy bars for lunch and breakfast because those things take 2 minutes to grab and its a short enough time so you dont have to sign back in again, expect to do nothing but refresh your page non stop and expect your family to start talking about an intervention or think you are having an online affair and finally, every time you get out of bed in the morning you must rush to the comp and see what the heck you have missed all night because you do have to go to bed eventually to take the weight off of those arse sores you will get... Ha..
PS.. Get a butt pillow... JMO..

OR work the overnight shift like me and feel like you're the member of some super-exclusive club - and have ten times as many posts to catch up on when you get up at 5pm!

Here's the most recently updated article, a good one, regarding today's search:

Police and FBI execute search warrant at home of Lisa Irwin (nbcactionnews.com)

I was kind of enjoying the search warrant discussion. It was all :smilie scale: and then it was :pillowfight2:

here, there is no doubt a crime was committed. This is not a "fishing expedition" that a judge would need to narrowly tailor. There is no scenario under which a crime did not occur in that house even if we assume everything the parents said is true.

More importantly, what this says to me is that LE was concerned that whatever they found would be challenged later. I don't ever recall LE needing a warrant to seach the home of a missing child. These are commonly done by consent. Here even if they consented, it seems they wanted a warrant. That to me speaks of LE's serious suspicions of the parents as they would be the only people who would have a right to challenge a search of the premises or evidence unearthed by a search of the premises. An intruder would have no standing to challenge a search of the Irwin home.

Was the entire house considered a crime scene? I don't believe it was.

:twocents:I don't know where to post this, but since I've been on this thread most of the day I'll do it here.
JMOO, but my thoughts are that in the next couple days or so, JI and DB will each have their own attorneys. This will happen because I feel that if something bad happened to Baby Lisa, JI was not in the know. It seems he can't speak up for himself, it's like he's being railroaded on how to speak. It's so evident that she runs the show.

Anyways, my thoughts were that they were separated today, and taken wherever for that very reason. Maybe JI has info on certain things said, timeline, behaviors etc. And now that things are appearing to get more serious, and if he's not involved he's willing to be more cooperative with LE for his own protection. I am sad for JI, I hope I'm right, I think he's being sidelined by DB. JMOO. Don't throw me under the bus!!:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53