LE serves search warrant on family home #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to think what else they could be looking for in the gutters - weapons or phones were the only things I could think of - maybe a quick hiding place for drugs? Anyone else have any ideas on this?

Do you think maybe they got a new cell phone? maybe a pre-paid? Didn't LE say they were looking for something that wasn't there before but is there now? something like that?

My thoughts are that in the early days the phones were pinging and right at the house. Eventually the batteries died, but if that was the last place that they had pinged, then they would know they were there but just not be able to find them. However, it could be that the hiding place, wherever that was, was changed in the time that they stopped pinging and the time they were finally able to get in and really search. I know that DB and JI went back in early on, before they stated that they would never go back into the house. Wouldn't be too hard to grab them from their little hiding spot and put them somewhere else. Just a thought.

I agree. You can bet that even though the concerned parents never called the stolen cell phones that the KCPD did.

I was trying to think what else they could be looking for in the gutters - weapons or phones were the only things I could think of - maybe a quick hiding place for drugs? Anyone else have any ideas on this?

I believe yesterday was a "full sweep" evidence collection. They turned over the entire property just to see if they could find some MORE evidence. I mean they looked in the bird house and in the stuffed animals in the front yard shrine for goodness sake.:waitasec:

I believe yesterday was a "full sweep" evidence collection. They turned over the entire property just to see if they could find some MORE evidence. I mean they looked in the bird house and in the stuffed animals in the front yard shrine for goodness sake.:waitasec:

True! :)

Am I the only person who doesn't think LE has found anything crucial? I hope I'm wrong; I am so anxious for sweet baby Lisa to be found! But I just don't feel like they've found anything...

I believe that they have found all kinds of crucial evidence. They just need a body now.

Do you think maybe they got a new cell phone? maybe a pre-paid? Didn't LE say they were looking for something that wasn't there before but is there now? something like that?

So, it couldn't be the cell phone given to them by a family member on Saturday. How about a new hard drive? I noticed in the walk through video inside the house, in the computer room, there appeared to be empty shelves and the computer tower door was opened and looked empty. I wish I knew when the hard drive was taken and when the video was shot. Dang...

I'm off to bed - hoping for news tomorrow. Good night, all.

I looked for the video. I will continue to look.........I know I saw it and I remember what LE said. Now to find the vid. :)

This is why LE wanted all the video's from media because they wanted to see them leaving the house with possession they took out of the house. They know they took the phones with them when they left the house. With DB statement of not going back to the house, LE knew those phones were not there anymore. They had to check just in case instead of them taking them, they hid them better. Now they have to review all raw video and my bet is all video of them leaving the house with items in hand. Then a search warrant will be performed at all places they stayed at, and they will know what to look for. My guess is a toy or stuffed animal they put those phones in when the left the house.

I don't know the welfare system since I've never been on it. I did know many who were long ago before the welfare reform. I can tell you there are a lot of people that learn how to cheat the system. I'll leave it at that.

I must have missed something so please fill in the blanks for me. How did we find out DB and/or the Irwin household are on welfare and/or food stamps?

Am I the only person who doesn't think LE has found anything crucial? I hope I'm wrong; I am so anxious for sweet baby Lisa to be found! But I just don't feel like they've found anything...

IF the parents were involved in this, which I believe they were. There is no way they didn't leave some sort of evidence. We are not dealing with the sharpest criminals in this case. IMO!!

So, it couldn't be the cell phone given to them by a family member on Saturday. How about a new hard drive? I noticed in the walk through video inside the house, in the computer room, there appeared to be empty shelves and the computer tower door was opened and looked empty. I wish I knew when the hard drive was taken and when the video was shot. Dang...

I didnt know they got a new cell phone? It could be a new hard drive? Speaking of cell phones...How in the world do you program cell phones when your drunk? Just sayin...

I could not agree with you more!

While I get there are cases that have been misconstrued. Statistically, it almost as rare as the boogieman walking in our houses and taking our children with no evidence or lead! Obviously, with the media attention here... that did seem to be a problem. So WHY would a MOTHER, A GOOD MOTHER, not want the HIGHLY TRAINED, but very competent PROFESSIONALS she NEEDS TO RELY ON that have THE BEST chance at locating HER MISSING CHILD, HER DAUGHTER to seek out, and follow up in the case?

I always find it interesting when someone has a fear of being arrested if they haven't done anything wrong to be arrested for...

Neglect and Child Endangerment is certainly better than a murder conviction. Reasonable doubt worked in the Anthony case...Even worse... never seeing your child again. IMVHO At what point does DB not understand the public can be much more forgiving of a horrible consequence of poor decision making skill in parenting, rather than someone who acts in manners that inhibit/interfere in the ability to help LE locate her daughter alive?

Unless I am mistaken, DB never even really talked to local media... she went straight to the top?
:welcome:
dingdingding----:yourock:

So True. None of us are 100% of the time, but I have a sneaking suspicion that these people have a much better chance at finding that child than a mother who can't remember what happened. IMVHO.

There are organizations that are HIGHLY skilled in dealing with such sensitive subjects with children. It may be that the Judge will need to assign a GAL in the case, or another advocate.

I was almost certain that that it was reported (besides out of DB's mouth in a televised interview) that LE wasn't being given access to the kiddos. I cannot say for certain that this was a statement made by LE.

She really did. She told MK after changing her story and announcing to the world and LE that she was too drunk to be taken seriously, that she was not going to allow the boys to be niterviewed again. I especially appreciated the way she said it, as if she had already given LE access to them once, what more could they want? Well, Deb, that was before you jerked the entire timeline out from under the very people who are trying to find your "kidnapped" baby.

I totally agree with you about your mind being a jumbled mess,

Norest, the mods just told us to be nice so please don't tell CarrieBean her mind is a jumbled mess............we'll all go in time-out! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I must have missed something so please fill in the blanks for me. How did we find out DB and/or the Irwin household are on welfare and/or food stamps?

We don't JeannieC, all speculation since it was pointed out when DB bought the wine she paid for the wine separately from the wipes and baby food. The speculation is since she paid separately maybe it was because on food stamps or any other welfare system you cannot buy alcohol

Been proven where and how? Because they don't want their kids, who are no doubt traumatized by this, being bombarded with strangers questioning them yet again?

traumatized??????????????????????????????????????????:banghead:

The mom went on national tv and admitted she was sitting around drinking a box of wine and was drunk.....maybe even blacked out.

Mom should feel trauma. She got drunk when she had 3 children under her watch. One of them, a 10 month old baby, 'disappeared'.

She should feel lots of trauma.
She gets no sympathy from me.

imo

The rules state that they have to be considered a "household" because they live in the same residence. She could ask to be considered a separate household but she would have to prove that she is a separate household and pays for food separately.

So, if she did say she was paying rent, then she would have to claim her husband's income. He was a PFC 6 years ago. So, he's probably an E5 or E6 now. That might qualify for WIC but I'm pretty sure not for food stamps (based on what I know of the military.) Also, at some point, if anyone found out that she was living with JI, she could be prosecuted for welfare fraud. Of course, I don't know how well they enforce that, but it could happen. lol

Based on my neice's experience in Kansas, if DB applied for any kind of welfare by saying that she was separated from her hubby or whatever, they would make her jump through hoops... such as taking classes, etc. DB would be expected at some point to actually start working. My neice tried to sit on her butt and collect welfare and they kicked her off because she didn't take the classes she was supposed to.

Actually, MamaK, the rules only state that an application must be signed and that the applicant attests to the truthfulness. Some states even allow applicants to supply a "purchase and prepare separately" document when unmarried people who live together seek food stamp assistance. Work exceptions are also given to parents with infants. But when a tip comes in that indicates a person is defrauding the system, an investigator is sent out to the house and jumping through the hoops does begin. I think this is true in every state.

I bet the State of Missouri is all over this case. It's been a few years since I worked for an HHS economic assistance unit. The gaming of the system is rampant and the age of computers is finally weeding out deceit.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member