LE wants to interview the parents separately

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I personally wonder why they dont arrest her for child neglect, she was severely intoxicated (Im being nice and tactful) while caring for small children and one is now missing.
Is that not enough to arrest her for child neglect or endangerment? then she would be sitting in jail and LE can "interrogate" her all they want. doesnt mean she will talk but she would be accessible.
I dont get that part.

Well, that sounds like they were questioned separately.

I don't see anything wrong with this questioning strategy. The police are there to solve a crime and not to have a completely relaxing conversation with the parents.
I can see how it could be annoying if you had stories to keep straight.

bbm
Yes keeping stories straight can mess things up. :banghead:

imo

indeed it's also a country where it's assumed that the rights of a parent who has lied about the details of a missing child's last hours in the home are more important than the child. but it's okay for the parents to go on national tv and talk, just not okay for them to talk to the people trying to find the missing baby.

bbm
:clap:

Young said he is "not disputing" family attorney Joe Tacopina's claims that the family has cooperated and answered other questions, such as specific questions regarding tips and leads. But that is not sufficient, he said.

The above is part of the statement made by Young that goes against what he has claimed to the media before now. In one statement we have Young claiming that the parents have stopped co-operating with LE and are no longer answering questions. Then in the above statement we have Young stating the opposite. Was the statement reversed because of the parents now having a lawyer that is telling the media the truth about the parents still answering questions? At this point, who knows. But it does make LE seem untrustworthy and willing to feed the parents to the wolves (media) to get whatever outcome they suspect this information (misinformation in this case) will bring about.

MOO

They didn't say that the family weren't cooperating at all....

Police do say they have not had full cooperation of the parents since Oct. 6, nearly three weeks ago.
(BBM)

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15863026/...e-are-grieving

That one word makes a big difference IMO

darn that pesky LE for trying to find a missing child how dare they do that when the family would rather talk to tv cameras?

and a baby is still missing. but the family's attys can pollute the tv shows with everything but the missing child.

I'm on the same bus as you Marshm.

imo

I personally wonder why they dont arrest her for child neglect, she was severely intoxicated (Im being nice and tactful) while caring for small children and one is now missing.
Is that not enough to arrest her for child neglect or endangerment? then she would be sitting in jail and LE can "interrogate" her all they want. doesnt mean she will talk but she would be accessible.
I dont get that part.

She still may be charged...I imagine LE is hoping to get some cooperation that would probably be gone for sure if she is facing other charges. But down the line, she may end up only being charged with endangerment, if Lisa is not found. :( It may be all Le can prove.

I don't even know why we're going back and forth with this with examples. It goes without saying IMO. Of course the parents are in the crosshairs if the police aren't able to rule them out with alibis or other information. It is very sad if you're that parent and you're innocent but it is what it is, they just have to look.

Lisa's parents have cooperated. LE is complaining they want more, not that they have not had any cooperation.

I am stunned still that LE would take it to the streets, so to speak. Head shakin.

And another question I have, why does LE have to try and make appointments with the parents and then tell media they are not cooperating. Why not just swing by the house and knock on the door????????? Shows an effort in good faith to me.
If DB and JI want to , they can call their lawyer to come over too.

I'm getting irritated. If my child was missing I'd endure days, weeks, months of questioning if it helped LE find my baby. I don't understand why DB and JI are so secretive. All my sympathy for them is rapidly dissipating. If you don't want to be treated like a suspect, then don't act like a suspect.

:woohoo:

They can always force one of the parents to talk. Call one before the Grand Jury and give them immunity then force them to answer questions.

Lisa's parents have cooperated. LE is complaining they want more, not that they have not had any cooperation.

I am stunned still that LE would take it to the streets, so to speak. Head shakin.

Well considering the parents' lawyers are basically accusing LE of being incompetent or worse, showing carpets that may have nothing to do with anything and trying to make nonsense out of trained dogs, I don't blame LE for stating what seems to be a fact, that it has been almost 3 weeks since the parents and LE have sat down together to discuss the case and allow LE to ask them questions. Of course it is being said as a challenge to the lawyers and the parents, IMO, and now the ball is in their (parents) court. They are free to take it up, go to LE with their lawyers and have that sit-down. JMO

I thought it was knee jerk when they announced it to the public then closed down the command station.

This heated debate and the media spin makes me feel very uncomfortable.

I think/observe there's a little too much eagerness to prove points when really the fact remains Lisa is missing and everyday she's not found is a bad day for justice and closure.

Her parents are responsible for her, even if they are not responsible for her disappearance.

To stay away from talking to LE, even if LE is hard-balling means they give up on the responsibility to bring their daughter home. I'm all for human rights, legal rights and if the parents want to protect themselves legally, fine. But talk. Just talk. For Lisa. Stand up for her rights. She's an infant who can't stand up for herself and she's out there somewhere. LE can bring her home but it's her parents responsibility to do whatever it takes to help pave that way.

If they're innocent (I don't believe it but I'd gladly be proven wrong) nothing should be too much to bring her home. Even if their own rights and needs might come second.

All my opinion :twocents:

I think the window of opportunity for the type interview that LE wants is long gone. They might as well hand a list of questions to the lawyers. Otherwise the interview(s) would go something like this: LE asks a question; parent looks at lawyer for ok to answer; lawyer nods - parents answers; not ok for parent to answer and the lawyer gives some lawyer type response. Anything of any value is not coming forth. The only one not frustrated in this interview is the lawyer.

Dead on!

thumbnail.aspx

Wherever she is tonight, sweet Lisa Irwin sure has a lot of passionate folks here at WS thinking about her and trying to figure out what could have happened to her. It's a good thing, whether we're on the fence or strongly convinced of one theory or another. This baby has not been forgotten just because the media coverage has died down a bit and she hasn't been located.

Awareness is key; hoping Lisa is found soon.:beats:

They can always force one of the parents to talk. Call one before the Grand Jury and give them immunity then force them to answer questions.

That's an idea. They would have to give answers, but would they be truthful? What if there were no new answers to give? JMO.

The more I hear about the approach LE are taking the more I believe that DB might be innocent. At this point it looks like a witch hunt. If LE have evidence that DB is involved then why don't they arrest her? If they don't have evidence that she's involved then why are they acting like she's the only possible suspect?

I was so convinced that DB was guilty but really, more and more, I'm starting to believe she's innocent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back