LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Would Joe T. say it was mind games if HIS CHILD or other loved one was missing? .................. That's what I thought.

imo

Honestly, I think it's all about publicity with Joe. I am sick of these media hogs (I have another word but can't post it here) showing up on the scene when things like this happen. Anything to further their career. Just my opinion....

If they can't pay a cell phone bill, they have some serious money issues. Electricians make darn good money and it looks like JI could have inherited that home...payments may be very small, if any. It was said the home was his parents, at one time. If true, I wonder why they have any financial problems. They have two attorneys, one an international one and a local one. An anonymous donor is helping them with a reward and we won't find out about personal assistance. So there is money somewhere, somehow in that household/family.
Huh?? He is the sole owner with a real mortgage. The home was never his parents - ever. Where did you hear this?

Hey y'all.

The topic of this thread is "LE wants to interview (DB and JI) separately."

There've been many valuable posts here about why DB and JI might or might not want to be interviewed separately, and about why LE might want to conduct separate interviews.

Can we please keep the conversation here limited to this topic? :tyou:

Where this post falls is random.

Sorry ... I got off track after reading the first few pages!

If they have nothing to hide, they would talk to the police. Over and over and over until Lisa is found. Forget getting a new haircut and color ... park yourself at the police station and talk until you've answered every question the police have for you. It's simple. Do it for Lisa.

Now if LE requests an interview with the parents, and they don't wish to participate it often aids the parents not to outright refuse to do the interview. Instead they can insist on too many conditions. Who the interview is to be conducted by, what can be discussed, whether it is separate or together are just some of the conditions a lawyer might set up to help their client avoid an interview.

I believe the Ramsey's said the questions had to be in written form submitted to the attorneys and vetted by them before they answered. Josh Powell insisted that he would only be interviewed by the FBI, with an attorney paid for by them to protect his interests. (Neither of those people have been charged with any crime at this point. Nor have they been interviewed.)

It sure does sound a lot like the Ramesy's and Powell. They are well within their rights to not talk, but most people would move Heaven and Earth to find their baby. It's hard to muster any sympathy for the parents.

I'm wondering. By now I think family knows or suspects what happened. I think LE should paper an interrogation room with Lisa's photos. Baby pics, pics from right before she died. Everything.

Then one by one bring in the grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and all the supporting family. Gently asking them questions about what they know, about what happened. Surely there is at least one who wouldn't be able to cover when faced with the pics of the baby.

They have used the photo angle in the interview/interrogation according to DB:

'They took a picture down from the table and said "look at your baby! And do what's right for her!" I kept saying I don't know ... I just sat there. I didn't even ask to leave - I just let them keep asking questions,' she told Good Morning America.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Jeremy-cooperating-again.html#ixzz1bwLPO7rR

Have any of the family given interviews to make pleas with the kidnapper to return Lisa? Yes and they got slammed for not being real enough.
Have any of the family been spotted putting up Lisa posters?Yes all over the place around here now.
Have any of the family given you the impression that Lisa is gone? She is gone, so yes.

Video of plea by DB and JI's for safe return of their daughter-

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...rl's-parents-plea:-please-return-our-daughter

Just jumping off your post since you bring up the DNA. I am really not sure what the fuss over unidentified DNA is for. I cannot even begin to fathom how much foreign DNA is in my house. DNA for my kids' friends. DNA from the guy who has been doing handy work for us. DNA of the guy who just measured for carpet. DNA for all the people who come to our house just to visit. DNA on the items other people have brought into our house. Folks, our houses are chock full of other people's DNA! I would be happy if it turns up a clue in this case, but somehow I think it will only add to the confusion.
Foreign DNA has become a "bonus" and sometimes a "get-out-of-jail-free card" for some criminals. (Remember what happened with the WM3.)

But exactly what does unrestricted mean? Unrestricted could mean without attorneys. But it could also mean that LE cannot be held to restrictions like whether or not the parents can be interviewed separately. Or llimits on the questions that can be asked of the parents.

For instance one of the restrictions that an attorney might make for a represented client, would be that LE cannot ask any question that is designed or implies any chance of guilt by the parents. (not an attorney so I can't do it in legalese) In this case, that would make any interview with the parents pretty much useless at this time.
Using your post as a jumping point, not speaking to your directly :)

Personally, I suspect that "unrestricted" does not mean "without an attorney". I've read a few articles that state that the last "unrestricted" meeting was on October 8th. Well, on October 8th, they had an attorney with them. (O'brien)

O'brien is a professional. A professor of law. And he has implied that LE went too far during that meeting, and that he felt they would have been more "heavy handed" had he not been there. IMO the restrictions are basically not to yell in their face that they killed their baby, not to lie to them, not to lie to them about what the other said, etc. Basic LE tactics. I think LE needs those tactics to get a confession, and O'brien knows that too much of such tactics creates false confessions. And so, it's a stalemate with neither willing to budge.

IF the parents are innocent, I can totally understand how they got to this stalemate. If they are guilty, then I think they are being big ole modsnips, and will be deserving of every bit of justice that the law can place on them. I don't believe we can know without more evidence.

If you all can't tell, I'm going stir crazy for science/forensic reports :innocent:

Foreign DNA has become a "bonus" and sometimes a "get-out-of-jail-free card" for some criminals. (Remember what happened with the WM3.)

And sometimes it's a "get out of jail free card" for those who are innocent. (Remember what happened with the WM3)

...the truth doesn't change. They should have nothing to worry about...just tell the consistent truth.

If they can't pay a cell phone bill, they have some serious money issues. Electricians make darn good money and it looks like JI could have inherited that home...payments may be very small, if any. It was said the home was his parents, at one time. If true, I wonder why they have any financial problems. They have two attorneys, one an international one and a local one. An anonymous donor is helping them with a reward and we won't find out about personal assistance. So there is money somewhere, somehow in that household/family.

He didn't inherit the house, he pays a mortgage. And they are a single income family with three kids. For all we know the car broke down that month and threw them off budget. I hardly think missing a payment or two means long-term mismanagement of funds. He's owned his house for 10 years without foreclosure at least.

IMO, it is insulting that Lisa's parents are responding to the KCPD like they are teenage McDonald's drive-thru attendants. They are trying to order entrees that are not on the menu. (We want some new detectives. We want some interviews together.) I hope that KCPD serves them scrapple and with no napkins.

Everyone has the right to an attorney in an interview with LE. And attorneys will frequently advise their clients not to talk to LE that is true.

However an attorney is a person hired to protect their client. Not the missing person, their client is the person who hired them.

As a hiree, they are advisors only. They cannot stop, order, or prevent a parent from speaking to LE. As a matter of fact, if the parent wishes they can insist on the interviews with LE and request that their attorney be present. The attorney can attend the questioning, to help protect their interests. And when a parent of a kidnapped child does get requests from LE for an interview this is often what happens.

LE however does not have to consent to the interview. Though often the attorney will work with LE to make it worth their while in order to satisfy their clients insistence on working with LE.

So where is the break down here? I haven't heard from the attorney that the LE has refused an interview. And I believe these attorneys would shout that from the rooftops. But I am hearing about conditions.

Now if LE requests an interview with the parents, and they don't wish to participate it often aids the parents not to outright refuse to do the interview. Instead they can insist on too many conditions. Who the interview is to be conducted by, what can be discussed, whether it is separate or together are just some of the conditions a lawyer might set up to help their client avoid an interview.

I believe the Ramsey's said the questions had to be in written form submitted to the attorneys and vetted by them before they answered. Josh Powell insisted that he would only be interviewed by the FBI, with an attorney paid for by them to protect his interests. (Neither of those people have been charged with any crime at this point. Nor have they been interviewed.)

BBM. There is not one penny that will exchange hands between the Irwin's and their lawyers. Not that it really matters in the end, but these attorneys are doing this to self promote. So they are just as slimy as the Irwin family. IMO!!

IMO, it is insulting that Lisa's parents are responding to the KCPD like they are teenage McDonald's drive-thru attendants. They are trying to order entrees that are not on the menu. (We want new detectives. We want to be interview together.) I hope that KCPD serves them scrapple.

On no you didn't just diss scrapple. :nono:

Huh?? He is the sole owner with a real mortgage. The home was never his parents - ever. Where did you hear this?

I never heard that the home was his parents. However, I do wonder how he was able to buy the house at the age of 18. That is certainly unusual. I wonder if his parents helped him with the down payment?

BBM. There is not one penny that will exchange hands between the Irwin's and their lawyers. Not that it really matters in the end, but these attorneys are doing this to self promote. So they are just as slimy as the Irwin family. IMO!!
Tacopina is being paid by some wealthy individual according to several articles.

Did you see the background of his abc interview today? (I hope he is in Italy and they are still having a prolooooooonged garbage pick-up strike.
Hopefully, that is why he was on the roof.)
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/bab...ss-claim-14808422?tab=9482931&section=4765066

Actually, the "get-out-of-jail" card wasn't free at all for the WM3. It cost them 18 years each of false imprisonment and the hardships that go along with that, character assassinations that are obviously still having to be overcome, one has a son who is now just about the same age as the time in prison so they were separated for all that time except for one or a couple brief visits, to say nothing of living every day for 18 years thinking that you might never be free again (and for Damien, death row and solitary confinement while also thinking that you might be put to death any day).

And it wasn't just foreign DNA at the crime scene that helped their cause, it was the *complete lack* of *any* of the 3's DNA at said crime scene, along with a bunch of miscarriages of justice during the investigation and trial.

Just some facts (check them) for those who are reading. There is a West Memphis 3 forum here at WS. :)

But we're off-topic. :angel: Sorry, mods, that needed to be said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back