LE wants to talk to new witness in the phone mystery

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't remember who asked but on M/W Q&A Page yesterday, she said that she took the phone with her to the waffle house. Can we use that? I know we were for awhile??? Please don't make me go over to that website and find it though.

O/T: I got behind on the case because I had a lot going on in RL. So, I went to these FB pages and got sucked up into some crazy vortex. I'm running from the madness and parking my butt back over here where people are sane.

:floorlaugh:

I think I got sucked up into that vortex a few times. Crazy! :eek:

From that link we get this one where MW definitely states that 'he' had her phone up to or at least at some point the next day. Jim Spellman insists that she has been consistent with getting her phone back between 11:30 and 12:00, so he must have had it again the next day...although, she said she went to the Waffle House and was angry about her phone records being cleared no? Oh my!

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ng-Irwin-phone-wants-her-name-cleared-in-case

You are right. I don't see where her stories have been consistent at all. Why would she be upset over her records being deleted and then let him have it back? But I think the attempted call from DB's phone was meant for her not Dane; unless Jersey and Dane know one another.

We have heard, according to the Fox News "witness" who i believe was also staying in the "house", where MW and others were staying, also Dane that night, (we don't know for how long do we?), that this Dane individual is into drugs and guns.Is this okay to repeat, the link is on the links thread? I will provide if need be.

Makes perfect sense to me that he needed a . phone... all night .... if they are all living in one house and MW is on food stamps, previously dating a guy who is in jail (JT) and who has also been arrested before for break ins etc...and is reported to have been doing "work" in the neighborhood.... what kind of house does this sound like to you all? I am not calling them shady, because life drives us all to do things for reasons that cannot be known by another, I am not above anyone, but the snippets of info we are getting, paint a picture of a certain type of house. Vague enough for you, but hopefully clear to those who have the same instincts. Now, if I was Dane, would I want to talk to LE, even if i was in no way related to a disappearing baby? No. Would I leave the area when a phone that I may have been on, could have me being questioned about my activities by LE? Yes. Even if I had nothing to do with a disappearing baby? Yes.

I am feeling that DB or JI may have had business with Dane that involved a quick phone call. This again may have had nothing to do with Lisa. This "business" may have led to an accident, especially with alcohol and prescription drugs for anxiety on top of it? This belongs now on the theories thread, so I'll stop, but I am just saying, if there were illegal dealings coming and going from that house in one way or another, of course no one would want to give a straight story, and there will be conflicting stories, as many of you are pointing out.

This is just my opinion, but I am not seeing Jersey calling Dane or MW from a phone that he stole from a random house and running away with a stolen baby unless there were circumstances that involved people that knew the baby. I am seeing a business transaction possibly gone wrong, or just leading to consequences that may have led to an accident with a baby.

Just opinions and formulations of thought based on the little we are getting. I do think LE has a lot more, I sure hope they do.

MOO MOO MOO MOO

I also want to state that I in no way hope or ever pray that anyone hurts their own child. I do think that not giving police full access ( with attorneys present ) to every little thought, or move of mine, alone or with my significant other, when there is an infant missing, is a HUGE RED FLAG. And i don't feel bad saying so. I get the whole rights thing. A baby is gone. This is different, again IMO. You should care more about your baby than yourself, even to the point of sacrificing yourself. That is LOVE. I think that is why many of us are suspicious.

I think the call was "attempted." The way I understand the situation (from knowing someone in a similar situation) the Irwin's could neither call in or out. That tells me whomever had the phones did not know that and tried. I think Jersey tried to call that number thinking he might talk with MW. I don't think Dane has anything to do with it and I'm not convinced Jersey took the baby. I think that took a really smart person someone who wouldn't settle for small items and a cell phone might be the last thing he needs.

I agree with your assessment, Cazzie.

*Now this is just my opinion, but I think MW has a free cell phone because she gets Public Assistance (Food Stamps). Those are not listed as or with mainstream carriers. I believe the FBI has the capabilities to track a cell phone number and found the ad on Craigslist. Then the FBI paid a very serious visit to MW.

I just do not believe that MW went to the Waffle House without her cell phone. She would have used her cell phone to check to see when her food stamps had loaded, IMO.

As far as Dane taking a call from a detective; how did he know it was a real detective? If I got a call right now from someone who said he/she was a detective, there is no way I would just accept this persons word as being a detective. I would have to have a verifible number to call the detective back, or he/she would have to come to my home and show me some ID before I would unchain the door and let him in. I don't say that D. or MW disappeared Baby Lisa, but they sure as heck are hiding something or some sort of activity, IMO.

I think MW and Dane are less than truthful, and this is taking away from the investigation, IMO.

Then we have an anonymous (everyone knows who she is) benefactor offering up the $100,000.00 reward for Baby Lisa. That would have been wonderful had she not sent a P.I. along to Kansas City - one that was not even licensed to work in that state - to muddy the water. We somehow get New York Tacopina as well. All of this takes away from the investigation into finding or at least uncovering what happened to Baby Lisa.

IF the parents were really interested in cooperating, they would take their local lawyer to the Police Station and help as much as possible, IMO.

Everyone involved here is too darn busy being in CYA mode and the big loser is Baby Lisa. I mostly just read and not post, but I had to let off a little steam here because none of this mess makes any sense at all and the huge reward has not as yet helped find Baby Lisa. She is getting lost yet again in the shuffle of the people involved in the case and the drama, IMO.

**Only my first sentence in the post was aimed at you, Cazzie. I got started and couldn't stop! :innocent:

MW said her phone was a prepaid from Wal-Mart.

I think the call was "attempted." The way I understand the situation (from knowing someone in a similar situation) the Irwin's could neither call in or out. That tells me whomever had the phones did not know that and tried. I think Jersey tried to call that number thinking he might talk with MW. I don't think Dane has anything to do with it and I'm not convinced Jersey took the baby. I think that took a really smart person someone who wouldn't settle for small items and a cell phone might be the last thing he needs.

You could be right, and it is def. another theory that works. I am unsure about this calling in or out thing, as the cell phone thread on this site has many different scenarios provided, also that we don't know for sure which phone was used, and there was possibly one working phone, the one leant to them? According to DB she was "programming" them, but i think we do not have all facts on this. I don't think we know for sure which phone made the call right? I would like to know that info, if you have it. I am sorry if this is common knowledge, but there's a lot to read that keeps changing in this case.

Jersey could have attempted with a stolen (or found) phone, to call MW and this may have been altogether unrelated to the baby, like you say.

It would be odd (not impossible)to attempt a call on a stolen phone while you were stealing a baby. I feel the abduction/accident/cover up/ whatever, is tied to the missing phones and whoever used them and the two are not unrelated events.

JMO

I think the lack of willingness to sacrifice yourself comes from the fact that you have other kids who already lost a sister, you don't want them to lose their parents as well. You all would hate ms if my kids went missing, but the first thing I would do in this climate of parental guilt is get an attorney. I read the details of Kevin Fox's interrogations yesterday and I just won't put my whole family through that, when it obviously won't help my child. In fact, thinking I'm guilty will hurt my child's chances.

That said, I would like to believe I would be doing a lot more talking with said attorney. I totally get how they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

I think the lack of willingness to sacrifice yourself comes from the fact that you have other kids who already lost a sister, you don't want them to lose their parents as well. You all would hate ms if my kids went missing, but the first thing I would do in this climate of parental guilt is get an attorney. I read the details of Kevin Fox's interrogations yesterday and I just won't put my whole family through that, when it obviously won't help my child. In fact, thinking I'm guilty will hurt my child's chances.

That said, I would like to believe I would be doing a lot more talking with said attorney. I totally get how they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

well put and i see your thinking...i think! I am in no way implying that they should not have attorneys protecting them. They do need protection of course. I am just not understanding the not being interviewed separately decision. If they each have attorneys with them, they do not have to answer all questions. They will be covered and supported, but still cooperating with what LE has asked them to do. They will be helping their child, and their other children, as I see it, and if this was me, I am cooperating (with legal help) and the public and all else are then to have assistance in believing my innocence.

i hope i didn't misunderstand you. I enjoy your posts and much of the time, agree with them.

MO

MW said her phone was a prepaid from Wal-Mart.

Well, she can say her grandma got run over by a reindeer and I would not necessarily believe her. All of these people have a reason to misrepresent, IMO.

This interesting 'new witness' more than likely has a less than admirable occupation, IMO.

Baby Lisa's case is so muddled that I do not take anything anyone says as gospel. Why should I?

MOO

**I still believe that DB knows exactly what happened to Baby Lisa, and knows at least one person that was in the same household as MW the night/early morning Baby Lisa disappeared. JMO

Name them a suspect and you can do just that.

Nope, they can't. If they handcuff them and haul them in they better have probable cause to arrest and charge them, or they would be subject to a huge lawsuit. LE does not have the right to force them to come in, separately or together, UNLESS they've got a warrant for their arrest. And even then, they have the right to have their attorney present during questioning. Apparently, LE wants them to submit to unrestricted questioning.

BBM: What about Baby Lisa? I cannot see that DB or JI have done the right thing by Baby Lisa, and have not sacrificed anything and won't, IMO.

Nope, they can't. If they handcuff them and haul them in they better have probable cause to arrest and charge them, or they would be subject to a huge lawsuit. LE does not have the right to force them to come in, separately or together, UNLESS they've got a warrant for their arrest. And even then, they have the right to have their attorney present during questioning. Apparently, LE wants them to submit to unrestricted questioning.

BBM

forgive my ignorance, but this does mean that attorney's can't intervene? Or does it mean that questions can go anywhere and be about anything, but they do not have to answer them...? Anyone got a legal analysis of what "unrestricted questioning" is?

Well, she can say her grandma got run over by a reindeer and I would not necessarily believe her. All of these people have a reason to misrepresent, IMO.

This interesting 'new witness' more than likely has a less than admirable occupation, IMO.

Baby Lisa's case is so muddled that I do not take anything anyone says as gospel. Why should I?

MOO

**I still believe that DB knows exactly what happened to Baby Lisa, and knows at least one person that was in the same household as MW the night/early morning Baby Lisa disappeared. JMO

I agree with every word!

And for heaven's sakes...I have never never never never never seen 2 quieter parents, of a missing child! NEVER!! That in and of itself says a whole lot! When is the last time they have pleaded with the public for her safe return? Or to look out for her? Nobody I talk to even knows about this case. It is much too quiet. Where are the parents? What are they thinking?

Are they really so brain dead as to think their silence, is the right thing to do?

If you think that LE is doing everything in their power to find this baby then what good would it do for the parents to put themselves out there and subject themselves to lines of questioning by the media that have nothing at all to do with the disappearance of their baby. After all, they could say something that the police don't want to be common knowledge.

On the other hand if LE isn't doing what they need to be doing then maybe the parents need to take matters into their own hands and create another media circus like the one we had in Florida.

It's hopefully going to give them some answers and put to rest the notion that Deborah and Jeremy had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance," the couple's New York attorney Joe Tacopina said. "That phone number that was dialed from Deborah's cellphone about midnight that night was never dialed from Deb's cellphone ever before. We firmly believe that the person who had that cellphone also had Lisa."

Kansas City police told Gutman that this is one of more than 1,000 tips that they've been investigating. Police said they would like to talk to Dane, but he is not a suspect, describing the significance in this case as minimal.
Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29773372/detail.html#ixzz1dmqKkD6q

If that guy did get a call from one of those phones that night how on earth can the significance of that call be minimal? No matter who did what to that baby until they find out why that call was made I would say there it is high probability that it is highly significant.

The media is a double-edged sword in my opinion. The majority of people believe that DB had something to do with the disappearance. She's not a very media-savvy person. I think it's safe to say that she's media-stupid. lol We don't know how the media has edited and twisted the parents' words around because I have yet to see an unedited version of her interviews. (LE isn't saying anything "official.") Everytime the parents do an interview, they end up with more people who stop looking for Lisa and start looking at DB. This case is post-Casey Anthony. The public is ready to hang someone, and the media will just feed those turbulent emotions because it lines their pockets. All MOO

If you think that LE is doing everything in their power to find this baby then what good would it do for the parents to put themselves out there and subject themselves to lines of questioning by the media that have nothing at all to do with the disappearance of their baby. After all, they could say something that the police don't want to be common knowledge.

On the other hand if LE isn't doing what they need to be doing then maybe the parents need to take matters into their own hands and create another media circus like the one we had in Florida.

That was exactly where this is headed, IMO. I certainly do not agree with it because Baby Lisa is already lost in the shuffle just as Little Caylee was. It became all about the 'interesting people' involved rather than the true victim, IMO.

LE and the FBI are doing exactly as they should be doing. They are trying to locate a baby who is missing and no one is cooperating, IMO.

I have faith in LE and the FBI. One day we will see just what all they really have been doing behind the scenes. They will break Baby Lisa's case and will do it without the parents help, IMO.

I have faith in LE and the FBI. One day we will see just what all they really have been doing behind the scenes. They will break Baby Lisa's case and will do it without the parents help, IMO.

If they have questions that they need answered from the parents so bad that it's holding up the investigation then why don't they ask through the attorneys? Why does it have to be separate interviews with the parents?

MOO

I just wanted to Thank You for saying that........now that stoopid song is stuck in me head.........:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109
Back