LeAnna (Mom) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the crime is that RH was arrested and the media is the criminal for covering it....

Now give me money, that's all I want.

Here's the PDF of the "Victim Impact Statement" form submitted by lh:

uryga7av.jpg
7ujypy5y.jpg

Via http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wbrc/docs/leannaharrisvictimstatement.pdf

:sigh:

Ya, i'm just not quite feelin it...imo

I understand the point is to not make RH look worse, but cheese and crackers, when is she going to stop covering for him? I'm embarrassed for her.

I always wondered if all the hot car related searches were done by RH, and she lied and said she did some of them. Were they done on the home PC or a shared tablet? Or were they done on something only LH used?

What is the purpose of this Victim Impact Statement? I submitted a Victim Impact Statement when my father was killed in car accident, but it wasn't a form but a letter I wrote from the heart and it had to do with the sentencing. I don't understand WHY this form is being submitted and why in the world it was released to the public. Anyone know?

What is the purpose of this Victim Impact Statement? I submitted a Victim Impact Statement when my father was killed in car accident, but it wasn't a form but a letter I wrote from the heart and it had to do with the sentencing. I don't understand WHY this form is being submitted and why in the world it was released to the public. Anyone know?

she's gonna sue someone

Purpose: The purpose of victim impact statements is to allow crime victims, during the decision-making process on sentencing or parole, to describe to the court or parole board the impact of the crime. A judge may use information from these statements to help determine an offender's sentence; a parole board may use such information to help decide whether to grant a parole and what conditions to impose in releasing an offender. A few states allow victim impact information to be introduced at bail, pre-trial release, or plea bargain hearings.

Victim impact statements may provide information about damage to victims that would otherwise have been unavailable to courts or parole boards. Victims are often not called to testify in court, and if they testify, they must respond to narrow, specific questions. Victim impact statements are often the victims' only opportunity to participate in the criminal justice process or to confront the offenders who have harmed them. Many victims report that making such statements improves their satisfaction with the criminal justice process and helps them recover from the crime.

http://www.victimsofcrime.org/help-...ns-for-crime-victims/victim-impact-statements

Or did you mean what is her lawyer up to? I think it's make RH look like the victim.

she's gonna sue someone

Aha. I didn't think of that at all.

I have been thinking she's innocent (still do), but I find it very distasteful if she sues somebody. I don't think a lawsuit shows innocence or guilt, but it does show really poor character in my eye. I'm sorry she's suffering, but a lawsuit would be like she is benefiting from the crime. Ugh. Yuck.

Purpose: The purpose of victim impact statements is to allow crime victims, during the decision-making process on sentencing or parole, to describe to the court or parole board the impact of the crime. A judge may use information from these statements to help determine an offender's sentence; a parole board may use such information to help decide whether to grant a parole and what conditions to impose in releasing an offender. A few states allow victim impact information to be introduced at bail, pre-trial release, or plea bargain hearings.

Victim impact statements may provide information about damage to victims that would otherwise have been unavailable to courts or parole boards. Victims are often not called to testify in court, and if they testify, they must respond to narrow, specific questions. Victim impact statements are often the victims' only opportunity to participate in the criminal justice process or to confront the offenders who have harmed them. Many victims report that making such statements improves their satisfaction with the criminal justice process and helps them recover from the crime.

http://www.victimsofcrime.org/help-...ns-for-crime-victims/victim-impact-statements

Yes, this is the definition I'm familiar with. I wrote a statement at the trial for my father's death in a car accident. I don't see how it fits LH's situation at this point in time....but another poster suggested she is preparing a lawsuit.

Aha. I didn't think of that at all.

I have been thinking she's innocent (still do), but I find it very distasteful if she sues somebody. I don't think a lawsuit shows innocence or guilt, but it does show really poor character in my eye. I'm sorry she's suffering, but a lawsuit would be like she is benefiting from the crime. Ugh. Yuck.

I agree. Does she plan to she the media like Richard Jewell like her lawyer eluded to in her first statement??

I agree. Does she plan to she the media like Richard Jewell like her lawyer eluded to in her first statement??

I thinks she's a greedy ...... (fill in the blank)
she will probably cross claim with car manufacturer, car seat manufacturer, every news outlet, etc etc MOOO

I just can't understand how this dad could be so forgetful. He put Cooper in the car seat, how could he
drive to work and forget he was in the car. Unless he was drunk or high on drugs which doesn't seem to be the case.
I've wondered if Cooper was injured bad in the home by the parents, maybe unconscious, but still alive. To cover up the abuse, they let him die in the hot car.

I think it's a really bad move. And, the media hasn't even been reporting on her lately. WTF is up with releasing this statement? She is looking like a mother profiting from the death of her child, whether that is her intention or not. Is this how she wants to be perceived??? Weird strategy, imo.

I realize it's a victim impact statement, but as a mother of soon-to-be 5, I can't imagine any more impact to me than the loss of my child. My children are extensions of my physical body. To lose one of them, especially in this manner, would be greater to me than the loss of employment, of my marriage, of media scrutiny, of anything. None of that would matter to me at all. My whole statement would be about my son. JMO

I totally agree with you. I feel the same way about my two adult children and my soon to be 3 grandchildren (all are preschoolers). Nothing is stronger than a mother's love!

I just can't understand how this dad could be so forgetful. He put Cooper in the car seat, how could he
drive to work and forget he was in the car. Unless he was drunk or high on drugs which doesn't seem to be the case.
I've wondered if Cooper was injured bad in the home by the parents, maybe unconscious, but still alive. To cover up the abuse, they let him die in the hot car.

Wasn't it reported at the PCH that Chick Fil A video showed CH happy and talking?

I think it's a really bad move. And, the media hasn't even been reporting on her lately. WTF is up with releasing this statement? She is looking like a mother profiting from the death of her child, whether that is her intention or not. Is this how she wants to be perceived??? Weird strategy, imo.

I withdraw my earlier assertion that she had found herself a competent attorney. :shame:

BBM. Hmmm. IMO, IOW, Judge, I'm a victim who is without child and husband. You can give the husband back to me. I am without income. You can give me back my husband so he can help support me. Give him back to me. I'm just a poor helpless woman who is being bullied by the press. Give me back my big strong husband to help protect me. [Barf]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010