Lee Anthony's CMA reference?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I just cannot stop thinking about Lee said and the more I think about it, the more it bothers me. He was definitely trying to pull something. I don't know what, but something. Why on earth would have his laptop up there? You write a speech, you print it out. And the CMA stuff...I'm convinced it wasn't for Caylee and even IF and I think it is a BIG IF he was trying to tell KC to come clean, Caylee's memorial wasn't the appropiate place for even that.

And why would he say "It's been so long since I've been able to see you and hug you?" Worded that way it makes it sound like Caylee is still missing, like he thinks he will be able to see her and hug her shortly or soon. To me it sounds like he is trying to get to KC, like maybe convince her to let him visit her. The wording of the whole thing was just uncomfortable and odd and I can't shake the feeling that Lee is laughing about it now. I think he thinks he did something clever.

I saw an uncle who was grieving for his niece, I do not have an evil mind maybe thats why I feel the way I do.He was talking to Caylee not KC.IMO

If Lee at any time in that statement was speaking to Casey, I believe it was HERE:

Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say.

The last section, with references to CMA, was directed at Caylee. After all, this was a day and service devoted to his niece Caylee, not for sending super-secret coded messages to Casey. Truthfully, I don't believe Lee would do that to his parents OR Caylee.

I'm listening to Lee's words again. Obviously he's not addressing KC. He says "each day you teach me how life should be lived" etc.
Yes that true, I can't see what he would learn about life
living in a cell.

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness. You allow yourself to cope and heal. Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."

This is my take on Lee’s portion of the memorial service. It is my opinion of what I heard and saw.

I believe that Lee was speaking directly to Casey for most of this. One would think that he may have been attempting to let her know that he wanted her to tell the truth, no matter what it was and that he still loved her but my instincts tell me he was telling Casey that no matter what he would keep his promise to her. (Sic Casey).
What that promise is becomes the question. It could be just simply that he would support her no matter what she did. It could be that she confided something in him, and he will never speak of it to anyone or they share a common knowledge about something that they promised each ever never to speak about.

I think that his first line "For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace”. may have been directed at Mallory. The part about having “Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth,” is worded odd. “For those of us” sounds like he knows exactly whom “us” is. If he had been speaking to whomever, meaning he believes that Casey is not responsible for Caylee’s death he would have said “for those of you”
“ I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it”. He is also making it clear that this memorial in no way brings closure to him but…. half heartedly he adds that maybe ‘someone’ can find it but it certainly won’t be me.

“Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak.” This part is where Lee is saying about you continue to teach me about life and about the way it should be lived is to me this was the most normal part of everything he said. I think that right here he may actually be speaking about Caylee and how her death has given him a different view of how humanity acts and reacts. That one can be strong and face the challenge of not knowing what is going to happen but one has to just put one foot in front of the other or it’s ok to sit and bawl your eyes out. “CMA” This is where the tone takes yet again a turn. The use of CMA and not Caylee is the part I find to be the strangest. It is not normal to use initials when speaking of someone. To use initials to reference someone on paper maybe but not to use as a substitute for his or her name, especially in a public forum such as a memorial. I feel this was done on purpose.

“ I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken.” Now don’t throw cups at me that to me sound more like a sentiment that is used by spouse or a parent when a loved one has died or is missing. The roles in this family that everyone played is so convoluted that it is difficult to discern what part they are playing and when. Was Lee speaking as a ‘father image’ to Casey, a ‘big brother’ image or something more. Was Lee’s role to Caylee just an uncle in his own mind, a substitute father figure to Caylee or a brother? Which family? Casey, Lee & Caylee or Lee, Mallory, George, Cindy and Casey. Again, since we don’t know what role Lee is playing while saying this we don’t know what he means as he says this.
I know with my own son, with my niece whom I took custody of because my sister was not able to function as her mother due to mental illness sometimes seemed almost to act as her big brother, not a cousin but at other times he would read her the riot act about her behavior her no different then if he was her father despite the fact that there is only about 10 years between them. It can be very easy for those ‘normal’ roles to become blurred.

“It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me.” IMHO Lee is telling Casey that he misses her, that he missing being able to hug her.
This is not past tense this is present. Caylee is dead. If it was Caylee it would be I will never be able to see you again or give you another hug. Listen to George’s portion. He is speaking about what he and Caylee used to do and how when he remembers or thinks back how he felt. Lee is speaking in a different manor and I have to be blunt and say he sounds like a man who is doing his best at dealing with the emotions that come with the loss of wife or lover. Whether Lee means that or not is something that I cannot determine. Due to how badly the family dynamics were it may be possible that Lee just does not have a clear understanding of love for a sister as apposed to love for a significant other and can not separate his feelings well enough so the rest of us can understand who he is referencing to let alone find the proper words to express it.

“ I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too.” Now this is where we get back to the entire idea that he may be speaking to Casey and not speaking about Caylee. To me it is the ‘so proud of you” that is the clue. There is no way I can connect those words to Caylee. Proud of what? What would Caylee be proud of Lee for? She wasn’t yet 3 years old. Then he moves directly to the “I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget." I think this is also to Casey. The idea that he made a promise to himself that he would find Caylee or bring those guilty to justice crossed my mind but the wording is off for that. “I need you to know” a need is something that is today. If that was Caylee he is referring I would think that he would have used something more along the lines of “I want you to know”or “I made a promise ” looking up or pointing up as he spoke. There is no indication of that in his facial expression or his body language that he is referring to a child who has died. Think of how you would say to someone that you loved very much and who has passed on that you know you made them a promise and you are going to keep it and not forget as opposed to how you would say it to someone who is in the here and the now.

I think that Lee looks like a man who is being chased by the boggy man in his sleep and when awake. He is thinner that he was back in September or October when he was last seen in the media and I don’t think he looks healthy.

As a side note. I also noted the look of confusion on George’s face as he was looking at the computer screen as Lee was speaking.

I didn't read your entire post, but I can say that I respectfully disagree. I think he was addressing Caylee, and hoping KC would be confused and disconcerted about it when she hears/sees it.

About looking thinner and the boogieman chasing him... I believe if I had lost my niece and the world was peering in on every breath my family took, and my family's business was all over NG every night, I'd be thinner too.

You know, I just cannot stop thinking about Lee said and the more I think about it, the more it bothers me. He was definitely trying to pull something. I don't know what, but something. Why on earth would have his laptop up there? You write a speech, you print it out. And the CMA stuff...I'm convinced it wasn't for Caylee and even IF and I think it is a BIG IF he was trying to tell KC to come clean, Caylee's memorial wasn't the appropiate place for even that.

And why would he say "It's been so long since I've been able to see you and hug you?" Worded that way it makes it sound like Caylee is still missing, like he thinks he will be able to see her and hug her shortly or soon. To me it sounds like he is trying to get to KC, like maybe convince her to let him visit her. The wording of the whole thing was just uncomfortable and odd and I can't shake the feeling that Lee is laughing about it now. I think he thinks he did something clever.

I think he was looking to be clever also. Cindy petting him as he spoke and then George moving forward. Tells me they thought something might be up.
IMO

If Lee at any time in that statement was speaking to Casey, I believe it was HERE:

The last section, with references to CMA, was directed at Caylee. After all, this was a day and service devoted to his niece Caylee, not for sending super-secret coded messages to Casey. Truthfully, I don't believe Lee would do that to his parents OR Caylee.

ITA.

His word choice is strange, isn't it? For those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves.. but he probably didn't over-analyze his words like we're all trying to do! :rolleyes:

I saw an uncle who was grieving for his niece, I do not have an evil mind maybe thats why I feel the way I do.He was talking to Caylee not KC.IMO

I saw the opposite of you but I would never say someone has an evil mind for thinking differently from me.:eek:

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness. You allow yourself to cope and heal. Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."

This is my take on Lee’s portion of the memorial service. It is my opinion of what I heard and saw.

I believe that Lee was speaking directly to Casey for most of this. One would think that he may have been attempting to let her know that he wanted her to tell the truth, no matter what it was and that he still loved her but my instincts tell me he was telling Casey that no matter what he would keep his promise to her. (Sic Casey).
What that promise is becomes the question. It could be just simply that he would support her no matter what she did. It could be that she confided something in him, and he will never speak of it to anyone or they share a common knowledge about something that they promised each ever never to speak about.

I think that his first line "For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace”. may have been directed at Mallory. The part about having “Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth,” is worded odd. “For those of us” sounds like he knows exactly whom “us” is. If he had been speaking to whomever, meaning he believes that Casey is not responsible for Caylee’s death he would have said “for those of you”
“ I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it”. He is also making it clear that this memorial in no way brings closure to him but…. half heartedly he adds that maybe ‘someone’ can find it but it certainly won’t be me.

“Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak.” This part is where Lee is saying about you continue to teach me about life and about the way it should be lived is to me this was the most normal part of everything he said. I think that right here he may actually be speaking about Caylee and how her death has given him a different view of how humanity acts and reacts. That one can be strong and face the challenge of not knowing what is going to happen but one has to just put one foot in front of the other or it’s ok to sit and bawl your eyes out. “CMA” This is where the tone takes yet again a turn. The use of CMA and not Caylee is the part I find to be the strangest. It is not normal to use initials when speaking of someone. To use initials to reference someone on paper maybe but not to use as a substitute for his or her name, especially in a public forum such as a memorial. I feel this was done on purpose.

“ I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken.” Now don’t throw cups at me that to me sound more like a sentiment that is used by spouse or a parent when a loved one has died or is missing. The roles in this family that everyone played is so convoluted that it is difficult to discern what part they are playing and when. Was Lee speaking as a ‘father image’ to Casey, a ‘big brother’ image or something more. Was Lee’s role to Caylee just an uncle in his own mind, a substitute father figure to Caylee or a brother? Which family? Casey, Lee & Caylee or Lee, Mallory, George, Cindy and Casey. Again, since we don’t know what role Lee is playing while saying this we don’t know what he means as he says this.
I know with my own son, with my niece whom I took custody of because my sister was not able to function as her mother due to mental illness sometimes seemed almost to act as her big brother, not a cousin but at other times he would read her the riot act about her behavior her no different then if he was her father despite the fact that there is only about 10 years between them. It can be very easy for those ‘normal’ roles to become blurred.

“It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me.” IMHO Lee is telling Casey that he misses her, that he missing being able to hug her.
This is not past tense this is present. Caylee is dead. If it was Caylee it would be I will never be able to see you again or give you another hug. Listen to George’s portion. He is speaking about what he and Caylee used to do and how when he remembers or thinks back how he felt. Lee is speaking in a different manor and I have to be blunt and say he sounds like a man who is doing his best at dealing with the emotions that come with the loss of wife or lover. Whether Lee means that or not is something that I cannot determine. Due to how badly the family dynamics were it may be possible that Lee just does not have a clear understanding of love for a sister as apposed to love for a significant other and can not separate his feelings well enough so the rest of us can understand who he is referencing to let alone find the proper words to express it.

“ I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too.” Now this is where we get back to the entire idea that he may be speaking to Casey and not speaking about Caylee. To me it is the ‘so proud of you” that is the clue. There is no way I can connect those words to Caylee. Proud of what? What would Caylee be proud of Lee for? She wasn’t yet 3 years old. Then he moves directly to the “I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget." I think this is also to Casey. The idea that he made a promise to himself that he would find Caylee or bring those guilty to justice crossed my mind but the wording is off for that. “I need you to know” a need is something that is today. If that was Caylee he is referring I would think that he would have used something more along the lines of “I want you to know”or “I made a promise ” looking up or pointing up as he spoke. There is no indication of that in his facial expression or his body language that he is referring to a child who has died. Think of how you would say to someone that you loved very much and who has passed on that you know you made them a promise and you are going to keep it and not forget as opposed to how you would say it to someone who is in the here and the now.

I think that Lee looks like a man who is being chased by the boggy man in his sleep and when awake. He is thinner that he was back in September or October when he was last seen in the media and I don’t think he looks healthy.

As a side note. I also noted the look of confusion on George’s face as he was looking at the computer screen as Lee was speaking.

Very insightful and accurate, shadow of my mind.

Bears repeating, imo.

LA's attorney is going to be on Jane Valez-Mitchell and she is going to ask him about the reference to CMA.

If you think thats evil, Gezz i better not tell you who I think the dad is!

I think Lee is falling apart over the loss of Caylee. I believe his "CMA" was a special name he called Caylee and that his comments were directed to her. I think he's a young man that's been dealt a huge blow in his life and he doesn't have the maturity as yet to appropriately handle his emotions. I would not expect him to at his age.

LAs attorney says LA was probably addressing both Casey and KC with his message.

ITA.

His word choice is strange, isn't it? For those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves.. but he probably didn't over-analyze his words like we're all trying to do! :rolleyes:

lol. Nope, no analysis whatsoever. I think he just spoke. ... How shocking! :crazy: ;)

Here's the entire transcript of Lee's remarks:

CMA. [Lee pauses to kiss his wrist twice.] CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it should be lived. And each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me.

CMA. I miss you. I love you. CMA, I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will NEVER forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget.

Snipped by me for space.

I think him saying "CMA" twice and kissing his wrist twice, was one each for both Caylee AND Casey. It was meant for BOTH of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay