Legendary performer Little Richard dies, age 87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Little Richard, flamboyant rock ‘n’ roll pioneer, dead at 87

NASHVILLE – Little Richard, the self-proclaimed “architect of rock ‘n’ roll” whose piercing wail, pounding piano and towering pompadour irrevocably altered popular music while introducing black R&B to white America, has died Saturday. He was 87.

Pastor Bill Minson, a close friend of Little Richard's, told The Associated Press that Little Richard died Saturday morning. Minson said he also spoke to Little Richard's son and brother.

Minson added that the family is not releasing the cause of death...

Little Richard, flamboyant rock ‘n’ roll pioneer, dead at 87

NASHVILLE – Little Richard, the self-proclaimed “architect of rock ‘n’ roll” whose piercing wail, pounding piano and towering pompadour irrevocably altered popular music while introducing black R&B to white America, has died Saturday. He was 87.

Pastor Bill Minson, a close friend of Little Richard's, told The Associated Press that Little Richard died Saturday morning. Minson said he also spoke to Little Richard's son and brother.

Minson added that the family is not releasing the cause of death...

I read somewhere he died from bone cancer.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/09/rock-n-roll-legend-little-richard-dead-at-87/

What an icon! I saw him live back in the 90's at the concert for the opening of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. He was very professional, great act, great live performer who needed no special effects. He really did originate so much R&R music and performance style.

“Little Richard passed away this morning from bone cancer in Nashville. He was living with his brother in Nashville,” Alen said in a statement. “He was battling for a good while, many years. I last spoke to him about two or three weeks ago. I knew he wasn’t well but he never really got into it, he just would say ‘I’m not well.’ He’s been suffering for many years with various aches and pains. He just wouldn’t talk about it much.”

RIP and thank you, Richard.

Little Richard was buried today 5/20/20 right behind where I work. I sometimes walk in the cemetery during my lunch break. It is a small , very well groomed cemetery. There are historic graves in this cemetery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back