Leonard Padilla - Sunday 7/24/2011 -Websleuths Radio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked in chat yesterday if LP had been involved in other high profile cases ( or something along that line): im pretty sure that Caylee was not his first. There are little nuggets of info out there that says that in a 1991 Lake Tahoe Tribune article he offered up a $100,000 reward for info that would lead HIM to Jaycee Dugard. It was a time limited reward in the same fashion as the reward he offered in the HaLeigh Cummings case... except that unlike in the Cummins case, instead of a mere 2 days time limit, in Jaycee's case he was offering the reward until he had to go to prison to start serving his time.

Thinking on that, it really bothers me that he offers rewards under the condition that it has to be info so he can be the one to find them. Self-serving, much?

Ok, let me get off of my soapbox... Going to read Morgan's thread... I was moved by her parents interview last night... Tricia really did a fantastic job in getting a lot of info out of them, in the space of time that they were on.

BBM. The "he" you are referring to is Leonard Padilla? Padilla was going to prison to start serving his time? Please let us know. TIA!

A question for the legal types - if Casey did tell Baez where the body was, would have have any responsibility to act on that information or is it considered lawyer/client privilege?

I think in a situation like that, the lawyer then can never put the defendant on the stand because then he would know that she is lying. He cannot KNOW that she is committing perjury.

I think that's the case, but I could be wrong.

Was the question about Tracy testifying/not testifying ever asked or answered?

Unsure of it's relevance, but my French teachers (all 6 over 4 years) used to use TH for all abbreviations of numbers.

Maybe Schu lived amidst French Canadians (oh and this was in the 70's, in case that makes a difference).

My French teachers did not abbreviate numbers that way. I grew up in Ottawa.

I find it interesting your French teachers would use an English ordinal indicator like "th" instead of the French ones...such as 2eme for deuxieme, 1er for premiere (the "eme" and "er" should be raised but I don't have a French/English keyboard)

Apologies for being O/T

Anyway back on topic
I hope we Floridians have seen and heard the last of LP and his daisy chain theory.
LP needs to move on as well...if he is going to sue Casey then get on with it
:twocents:

3rd, 3th.... what difference does it really make???

JMO

Really nothing. That said threeth is a rare non standard word for third, so it could very well be used in some areas.
So technically not a spelling error since the word does exist.

I had no idea LP had a law degree. That's ...interesting. So he is going to sue Casey and/or Jose Baez? Is there a lawsuit flowchart yet?

I did have some trouble hearing Morgan's parents especially at first. It may be that I don't have speakers here. It's a good question why her case got no coverage. I vaguely recall
"girl disappears from rock concert" from when she first was lost but that was it.

There is merit that dysfunction gets the media coverage but Elizabeth Smart got tons of media and they were normal. The media seems to like "angles". Laci was the missing pregnant mom, Liz Smart was the mormon girl abducted at knife point, Caylee was, well take your pic.

Honestly, Morgan is white and blond so I am surprised she didn't get more coverage. I hate saying that but it's true and I'm sorry the inert media bias didn't help get justice for Morgan.

:great:

Tricia, Kimster ... Great Show !

I am probably in the "minority" but I am happy you had Leonard on tonight ...

One thing he definitely has correct ... and that is Cindy !

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

missed it what did he say about Cindy in a nustshell please, and I am a teacher, and the correct word is 3rd!!

Someone asked in chat yesterday if LP had been involved in other high profile cases ( or something along that line): im pretty sure that Caylee was not his first. There are little nuggets of info out there that says that in a 1991 Lake Tahoe Tribune article he offered up a $100,000 reward for info that would lead HIM to Jaycee Dugard. It was a time limited reward in the same fashion as the reward he offered in the HaLeigh Cummings case... except that unlike in the Cummins case, instead of a mere 2 days time limit, in Jaycee's case he was offering the reward until he had to go to prison to start serving his time.

Thinking on that, it really bothers me that he offers rewards under the condition that it has to be info so he can be the one to find them. Self-serving, much?

Ok, let me get off of my soapbox... Going to read Morgan's thread... I was moved by her parents interview last night... Tricia really did a fantastic job in getting a lot of info out of them, in the space of time that they were on.
Actually... when his nephew Tony Padilla was a member of WS and would answer questions on a thread, I asked him and he told me Leonard bonded out Ellie Nesler who was the vigilante that shot her son's molester in a courtroom!!! She became infamous in her own right because of that. She later died of breast cancer, but she was big news at least in California!!!:eek::eek::eek:

P.S. Can we please move away from the spelling police discussions? It's irrelevant.

Unsure of it's relevance, but my French teachers (all 6 over 4 years) used to use TH for all abbreviations of numbers.

Maybe Schu lived amidst French Canadians (oh and this was in the 70's, in case that makes a difference).

Yes, I am feeling old here. The second language in grade 9 was Latin when I went to school. German was a elective third language. Then Greek. And French was a class for older students. That hardly anyone took. If I remember my Latin here(I was horrible at it) the number "3" and "3rd" were both tertius. At least the army made this situation easy for me. "3RD" was "three" 3 was "three" Heck even "three" was "three". Or three forms of three, all three.:great:

Simpler times.............:rocker:

BBM. The "he" you are referring to is Leonard Padilla? Padilla was going to prison to start serving his time? Please let us know. TIA!

Tax issues... 2 counts of not filing and paying his taxes got him a year in federal prison. He claimed on his old campaign for mayor site that he was suppose to get house arrest, but he claims the prosecutors girlfriend wanted LP to go to prison, so LP said he said "lets do it." He doesn't shy away from it... He treats it like a joke... has bragged that he controlled the place during his stay.

(Guess it was a tax daisy chain that got him incarcerated?)

missed it what did he say about Cindy in a nustshell please, and I am a teacher, and the correct word is 3rd!!

Okay, the correct word is 3rd and what is the correct word for nustshell?? Think your pickiness led to your own spelling error.

I had no idea LP had a law degree. That's ...interesting. So he is going to sue Casey and/or Jose Baez? Is there a lawsuit flowchart yet?

I did have some trouble hearing Morgan's parents especially at first. It may be that I don't have speakers here. It's a good question why her case got no coverage. I vaguely recall
"girl disappears from rock concert" from when she first was lost but that was it.

There is merit that dysfunction gets the media coverage but Elizabeth Smart got tons of media and they were normal. The media seems to like "angles". Laci was the missing pregnant mom, Liz Smart was the mormon girl abducted at knife point, Caylee was, well take your pic.

Honestly, Morgan is white and blond so I am surprised she didn't get more coverage. I hate saying that but it's true and I'm sorry the inert media bias didn't help get justice for Morgan.

Morgan Harrington came from a normal loving family. I hate to say this but if you have a loved one that is missing and/or murdered and you want to keep the media on it in order to obtain justice, it seems you have to invent some extrinsic factors, like a dysfunctional family or other irrelevant juicy items to keep such a story in the news. That is really really sad.
Getting LP interested or another similar person, would be another big plus. JMO
Not suggesting anything derogatory about LP though.

Actually... when his nephew Tony Padilla was a member of WS and would answer questions on a thread, I asked him and he told me Leonard bonded out Ellie Nesler who was the vigilante that shot her son's molester in a courtroom!!! She became infamous in her own right because of that. She later died of breast cancer, but she was big news at least in California!!!:eek::eek::eek:

P.S. Can we please move away from the spelling police discussions? It's irrelevant.

The Nesler case was a sad case... I remember it well. I commend him for helping her out, but on the flip side I find it disgusting that he was trying to broker bonding out the pedophile couple that kidnapped Jaycee Dugard.

Okay, the correct word is 3rd and what is the correct word for nustshell?? Think your pickiness led to your own spelling error.

Can I still just claim a brain fade, or a typo? How about dementia? I never would have dreamt a couple of letters in spelling would led to a court case here.

Somewhere I missed the sign that bad spellers were not welcome here.:dunno: On the other hand, it is sure better then hearing Cindy is making blood money. Or casey is living the "good life" here.

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to 3TH vs 3RD!!! Sheeeesh!!! I thought we were supposed to stay on topic.

The Nesler case was a sad case... I remember it well. I commend him for helping her out, but on the flip side I find it disgusting that he was trying to broker bonding out the pedophile couple that kidnapped Jaycee Dugard.

BBM, Say WHAT?

Way OT but I didn't know he had bonded out Ellie Nesler. I googled her and am reading this article which is an interesting deconstruction of the media myth verses the facts. (also found out her son is now in Jail for murder :( ) http://web.archive.org/web/20090101...articles/mi_qa3732/is_200007/ai_n8891862/pg_1

Tricia and Kimster,

I don't know if you are taking "requests" for upcoming shows ... :innocent:

But how about having Tim Miller on ?

I think he would be a great guest !

Thank You !

:great:

I feel differently. I feel that if anyone should have the right to make money it is George and Cindy. They've suffered the loss.

Don't worry. They have. And they will continue to try to make more. I can't imagine even considering trying to make money off the death of a grandchild...............killed by your daughter. Yeah, I know............she was found not guilty. The prosecution may not have convinced that jury, but they definitely convinced me that Casey is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member