'Let Beautiful Madeleine Come Home'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that my post was very harsh, but I do have sympathy for the parents.

They have to live with themselves, and I can't imagine a harsher punishment.

I'm not really sure about their suitability to retain custody of their other two children. I can't imagine that they would make this mistake again, but I can't really imagine thinking that it was ok the last time they left the kids alone either.

• 2.6 million-pound ($5.14 million) reward fund set up for Madeleine's safe return

WOW.

I realize that my post was very harsh, but I do have sympathy for the parents.

They have to live with themselves, and I can't imagine a harsher punishment.

I'm not really sure about their suitability to retain custody of their other two children. I can't imagine that they would make this mistake again, but I can't really imagine thinking that it was ok the last time they left the kids alone either.

Jodibug - I didn't think that your post was too harsh. I really respect the fight that you put up daily to protect your children. That must have been a very difficult time for you.

I agree that they should be cited with negligence depending on the laws over the pond. But I don't think that their other children are in danger in their custody. Of course we don't know much about them and there may be other signs of negligence out there but we don't know that right now. I did read that Madeleine was born as the result of an IVF treatment. And I can only assume that the twins are also IVF babies. I cannot imagine that a couple who has gone through such a struggle to conceive their children would be repeatedly reckless with regard to their safety - especially after losing Madeleine. I'm not trying to say that those who struggle with infertility love their children more - I'm saying that they obviously wanted their children very badly. I just think that they were tired, probably overworked and desperate for a night out. They made a terrible decision. As Pepper said - they are from a slightly different culture.

In part, it IS a cultural difference.

My time spent in the UK and Ireland left me in awe of the fact that children could be far more independent and care free, because life in general is perceived to be safe for them, there. Parents there seem to not have the same fears in regards of child predators like we do here in the US. Here in the US, day in and day out, we are constantly hearing about another death, abuse, or disappearance of a child within our country... which leads us parents to be extremely cautious and weary of others. It just doesn't seem to be that way, over there... (as a matter of fact, Ireland has a site about moving to Ireland that claims that crimes against children there are rare. I so wish we could say that about our country... I really really do.) My guess is that the parents had a false sense of safety that they carried with them from their own home life in the UK, and thought it could be applied while on vacation... and sadly it couldn't be. They bedded the kids down and once settled in, they thought it would be okay to step out and get something to eat, a little over a 100 ft away from the room. And they said they did check up on them... and officials believe this to be true, and obviously had no problem with that.

It's all a mess... I just hope the parents are really telling the truth and that they haven't done something to her. I hope they find that child soon... she's such a doll.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9705/14/denmark.parents/

Mother and child reunion

Stroller mix-up illustrates culture clash

The 14-month-old girl was taken Saturday from Danish actress Annette Sorensen, 30, after being was left in a stroller parked outside the window of an East Village restaurant. Sorensen and the baby's father, Exavier Wardlaw, a movie production assistant who lives in New York, were inside having a drink, police said.
In Denmark, parents often leave children unattended while they shop or dine. In New York, people chain up outdoor garbage cans and flower pots if they want to keep them.
I agree with you, Elphaba. Madeleine's parents I don't think had any idea they were being neglectful.

I have been reading a lot about this poor little girl. This is sooo sad. Just a quick question though. It said that she was left alone with her younger twin siblings. So where they just left untouched or where they not in the same room as her? This is truly unbelievable. I can't believe stuff like this happens.

Over on the missing/located discussion of this section are very lengthy threads on her... they are pretty indepth as to what is going on, all the way up to the search for her body that recently took place (someone mailed in a letter to a Dutch newspaper claiming to know where her body is buried)

Maddie thread part 4:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50250

Part 3:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49855

Part 2:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49652

Part 1:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49339

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics