Letter to Publix - can you think of anyone else?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Try HEB. http://www.heb.com/welcome/contactUs.jsp

The Associated Grocers of Florida http://www.agfla.com/contactus.asp

Maybe the right words to a member of Florida PA Association might bring them an idea to donate and get some needed publicity for one of their clients while funding the needed items . http://www.fpra.org/

The Navy Mother's Club http://navymothersclubsofamerica.org/

Catholic Daughter's http://www.catholicdaughters.org/

And if you can find a local Grandmother's Club?

The last three I know of from my gma. They were always ready to start a raffle, host a meal, whatever, when they had a cause. And those women could hustle the tickets and raise the money. I bought my first raffle ticket with my first allowance, lol.

Im not sure what kind of restroom type things they will have ...like porta potties...or if there is a public restroom where they are going to be....like in a park or something....TP-they will need....along with anti-bact solutions....to help clean hands ....for eating...and bathroom breaks....

and I also thought of thank you treats labled from w/s folks ......

I wonder if someone could print out stickers that say Thank you from WebSleuths :) and put them on some candy or something

if we are not local....maybe get an address from someone from the area that could take it to them....it could be shiped UPS :)

I don't know where you guys got the cases of apples and orange juice boxes but they were awesome for the searchers who needed a little sugar relief after beng out in the field.

Thank you for all your hard work in putting together the much appreciated donations.

:blowkiss:

I don't know where you guys got the cases of apples and orange juice boxes but they were awesome for the searchers who needed a little sugar relief after beng out in the field.

Thank you for all your hard work in putting together the much appreciated donations.

:blowkiss:

Sugar and salt are necessities (salt = potato chips!).

:)

I'm not in that area. I wish I was. :( I may be disabled but there's other things worse and some things I can still do.

I had a thought...

Is there a breakfast-type establishment (Shoney's Restaurant, Denny's, something like that) that can be contacted to cook a nice breakfast for the TES angels who are giving so freely of themselves and working so hard?

Local chefs who will prepare a nice, nutritious dinner for them, one chef on night one, another chef, night two, etc.?

A local wholesaler who will donate the foodstuffs needed to prepare these meals?

A local hall (such as a VFW, Moose Lodge, etc.) that will donate the space and kitchen?

People who can donate time as "waitstaff" to allow the TES teams to enjoy a meal off their feet?

The Subways' and such are great for lunches, but the breakfast and dinner meals - well, it would be nice to have them covered in a united show of appreciation for all they do and returning to Florida despite the rudeness of the Anthony matriarch.

Just a thought...

I wish I was there. :(

What about Hand Sanitizer, lot's of doctors office get it free from drug reps.
Pizza Hut, Dominoes, KFC, Subway, sandwich/coffee places like Atlanta Bread CO ( they do box lunches) Sorry if these have already been mentioned. If you need me to make calls, just PM me. I have free long distance so I dont mind. Just need a list of who to call, where they need to drop off and what time.
Someone mentioned Krispy Kreme earlier, they are normally awesome about donating. Coffee will be needed. :blowkiss:

May God Bless all the caring and industrious people of Florida and Texas who care enough to bring this little girl's remains home, regardless of how their help is perceived by naysayers. We can all offer our prayers, but you people are offering helping hands as well, and that is truly admirable.:angel:

I wonder if someone could print out stickers that say Thank you from WebSleuths :) and put them on some candy or something

if we are not local....maybe get an address from someone from the area that could take it to them....it could be shiped UPS :)

Bumping this thread back up.

I think you would have to get permission from Tricia before you can have WebSleuths printed on anything...

Do we have any tax experts on this thread that would know whether or not these donations can be considered "tax deductable" ? That would be an added incentive for these companies to donate.

If no tax experts are available here, I can call my tax guy to find out...

Do we have any tax experts on this thread that would know whether or not these donations can be considered "tax deductable" ? That would be an added incentive for these companies to donate.

If no tax experts are available here, I can call my tax guy to find out...

All donations to TES are tax deductible so I can not imagine items would not be included as a taxable donation. Since TES is a legit 501 (c) 3 this will not be an issue and I hope many vendors step up to the plate.

All donations to TES are tax deductible so I can not imagine items would not be included as a taxable donation. Since TES is a legit 501 (c) 3 this will not be an issue and I hope many vendors step up to the plate.

Perfect !

So the message to companies would be that if you could donate to this much needed cause, your donations will be tax deductible, and then give them the TES organization name and 501 (c) 3 deduction status...

Thanks to all of you for thinking of this and helping. Earth angels! And so many companies like to help........when I was a GS leader, I asked McD's/ Wendy's/ BKing; for
things like cups, napkins and they came through with so much more!!!! They were so good to our Scouts

Chic Fillet is a great company founded on deep Christian beliefs. Maybe they will help. What about Disney, Universal, Seaworld, they might give money or G/C to purchase items.
THank you to all who are giving so much to help in anyway they can. Let me know if I can do anything.

Perfect !

So the message to companies would be that if you could donate to this much needed cause, your donations will be tax deductible, and then give them the TES organization name and 501 (c) 3 deduction status...

And TES will be happy to provide them with a receipt for their donation. They usually have them on hand at the command center.

I just got off the phone with Erin from TES. They are so appreciative to have the help. It takes a big load off their shoulders. That being said, it does need to be coordinated. Since they do not have the Command Center established yet, she asks that whoever we contact for donations, that we ask them to hold the items until the Command Center location has been determined. The items needed will be Food, Water, Orange Juice, Ice, pastries, donuts, chips, etc. Food needs to be individually wrapped (like sandwiches) or it cannot be served to the public. TES recommends also that everyone that is coming to search "prepare themselves for food and drink". They will be doing the best they can to have what is needed but with a search of this size, there's no guarantee they will have enough available.

Port-O-Lets (At least a dozen, probably 15).

Somewhere there is a post regarding a special rate at the campgrounds if anyone is interested. If someone could find that post and link it here, that would be great.

Also, the Fairfield Inn Marriott out by the airport is offering a $56.00 a night rate for TES people (that includes searchers). All you have to do is give your name and state you are with TES.

This is all work that can be lined up for now and set in place so that when TES determines where the Command Center will be, we can let the vendors know where the items need to be taken. We will have that information by Nov. 5th or 6th.

I know some of you have already been busy with getting donations for TES. Can we somehow get a list of who's doing what so we know what is already in the works and what else needs to be done?

We need one person to be the keeper of the list to followup with whomever is doing what. If you're contacting vendors, you need to let them know it is for TES, they are a 501 (c) 3 organization and their contributions are tax deductible. Please speak to managers, get their names, phone #'s and let them know that you will be calling them again when the Command Center has been set up. Please take note of what they are donating and report it to the keeper of the list. Also, if someone could create a draft note to be used for email, or for phone calls, that may be the easiest way.

Mods, is it OK to use this thread for this or should we go about it another way?

Here in my hometown we always receive bottled water for our allstar baseball teams from HomeDepot, and Lowes..
May be worth a try.

Where I live Starbucks is always donating coffee and hot chocolate to different non-profit organizations. I know it's hot in FL but they might help somehow.

I know that this past Saturday, our area held the CERT Olympics (hubby is a member,) and McDonald's donated breakfast sandwiches. Sonic donated lunch. Perhaps someone local to Orlando can contact these restaurants there.

Great idea Noters! :blowkiss: (Of course with Tricia's permission)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back