Life after Casey! How do you cope?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To me this is like watching a football game. I want the good guys to win very badly then I will be done with it.

Turn my attention to other cases here at Websleuths-- I've followed many, but there's a special satisfaction to a case that ends with an arrest, trial, and conviction. I followed this case until the memorial, then jumped around in the docs every now and then, but I've been watching since voir dire and jury selection.

Also, I am going to sleep in and stay up late!!!! (left coaster)

Hopefully, the hundreds of posters on Caylee's forum will just make their way to the other forums on WS. There are so many cases here, and new posters would be beneficial to all of them. I don't think there's any case on WS right now that would be as time-consuming as Casey's trial was.

I agree! I would love to see these BRILLIANT WSers start going through the JonBenet thread.
A teaser: NO the Ramseys ARE NOT 'excluded' with the 'new DNA' evidence. JMO.

Do we have a Lizzie Borden thread here? Still unsolved, all the trial transcripts, evidence, witness statements are out there. It's a fascinating example of how the sexism of that era was appropriated by a murderess to chop up the heads of her father & stepmother AND INHERIT THEIR FORTUNE.
(If there is an LZ thread here, I haven't looked for it, sorry. I ODed on that case a few years ago, and never went back.)

ETA: JMO about Lizzie B.

I will cope by rejoicing in the fact that I can walk outside and sit in the sun, go on a vacation, make love to my husband, chaperone my young sons into adulthood, go to their sporting events and cheer them on, help them with their school work, wash clothes, clean my house, drive my car, play with my dogs, volunteer at my boys' schools, go to church, go to restaurants, visit with my famiy and friends in person, travel anywhere that I want to go in this world. All things that KC will never be able to do again in her miserable life.

I have followed this trial on WS since it began. However, it has really been an obsession from the pre-trial hearings to this day as we wait for the rebuttal to begin. Everything in my life has been neglected. I am irritable alot because of the DT and ridiculous characters involved in this trial and the way that so many people's lives have been ruined by KC, directly or indirectly. I have drank plenty of wine at ridiculous hours (LOL). I watch the trial on t.v. and online from the time I get up until literally when I fall asleep. It just doesn't feel healthy right now and I am super ticked-off at JB's shenanigans this morning in court and especially his continuing to be rude to HHJP!

I have vowed to get my life back on track once this verdict comes in. I will be very disappointed if she doesn't get the DP, but will be very pleased if she gets LWOP.

I will continue to follow this case and many more that are sure to come on WS. The conversations alone keep my mind good and stimulated!

What for the next trial of the century. It seems one comes along every few years.

I imagine I will be here because I think we will be pondering the mystery of Caylee long after it is over, much like Jon Benet. We will never have a clear answer, so therefore no real closure except to see the murderer behind bars.

(snipped)

I think this case is more comparable to Laci Peterson than JonBenet Ramsey. We know who murdered Caylee and Laci, and we're pretty certain about the reason for it. Since we are fascinated by these cases, we are going to want to know exactly what happened, but the case, as a whole, isn't really a mystery anymore. We still don't know who murdered JonBenet, and what the reason for it was, and those are the two biggest questions in any unsolved case.

What for the next trial of the century. It seems one comes along every few years.

I think the media just gives that title to every high profile trial. They also called Scott Peterson's trial, "Trial of the Century". I think it's done as a sort of marketing strategy; you want to make people think that something like this won't happen for another 100 years, so they better follow it. In 2020, we'll find out if Casey's trial was the "trial of the decade" and in 2100, if it was the "trial of the century". I'm sure that during the 20th century, lots of trials were called the "trial of the century" but with the conclusion of that century, we know that title really applies to just OJ and the Lindbergh baby. :)

If I find out in 2100 whether or not Caylee's case was the trial of the century, I am going to be VERY unhappy I am not dead yet! :banghead:

When Caylee has Justice....

I will be focusing even more attention on Justice For Juliette than I already have been.

I will also deprogram all of us... last night I was watching a crime show and thought Baez had actually handled another case. Every man that came on sounded like Baez to me! :banghead:

Today we were packing to go camping. (Family reunion.) I called my Dad to see if he needed me to get anything at the store or pack anything for him.

He said facetiously, like the commercial... "Pack the bubbly!"

My 7 year old daughter said:

"That is SOOOOO Jose Baez Grandpa! Would you like us to pack the Bananas too??" :floorlaugh:

Last week I found food hidden because the dog (Beagle = hound) led me to it.

My 7 year old said "the DOG should not be able to be used against me Mom! She is a DOG!" :innocent:

Seriously... it is SO time for this case to be over. Like last year.

(For the record... My 7 year and 8 year old don't watch the case, they just hear the hilarious quotes.)

Well last night I went through the missing children's forum and read a ton so I will still float around websleuths a lot....the JBR case sucked me in last night too because I really believed the parents were innocent but after reading just a few threads, I am finding out I don't know A LOT about the case.

But I will be here considerably less. I can't imagine that I'll ever get sucked in to a case like this as deep but I was just as annoying following the Anna Nicole crapola so we'll see. Hopefully there is no next case to suck me in but we all know that's just wishful (or dare I say magical) thinking.

ETA: I will try very hard NOT to watch any retrial but I'm sure I'll be sucked in

Oh and if for some crazy reason she is found not guilty, I think I will lose it....like really lose it. Cry like it was my baby murdered kind of lose it. That kind of scares me btw.

Well last night I went through the missing children's forum and read a ton so I will still float around websleuths a lot....the JBR case sucked me in last night too because I really believed the parents were innocent but after reading just a few threads, I am finding out I don't know A LOT about the case.

But I will be here considerably less. I can't imagine that I'll ever get sucked in to a case like this as deep but I was just as annoying following the Anna Nicole crapola so we'll see. Hopefully there is no next case to suck me in but we all know that's just wishful (or dare I say magical) thinking.

ETA: I will try very hard NOT to watch any retrial but I'm sure I'll be sucked in

When John Mark Karr came fw and said he killed JBR, I REALLY got sucked into that case. My husband complains we have an entire book shelf dedicated to JonBenet. That will take you a few months, but at least you can stay on your own schedule and not be forced (?) to watch every day all day!

Oh, and I also came to the conclusion that the parents did it, after wanting to believe for so long they didn't. Same with this case...didn't want to believe ICA did it but the more I looked the worse it got. I also started out giving Scott Peterson the benefit of the doubt. I'm much more jaded now!

Oh and if for some crazy reason she is found not guilty, I think I will lose it....like really lose it. Cry like it was my baby murdered kind of lose it. That kind of scares me btw.

Me too!!! I thought I could watch this through and still maintain sanity, but not so sure now. If she walks, I will have a meltdown, but I'll have to have it privately (go to the bathroom and turn the fan or shower on) because my husband will either make fun of me or commit me.

Me too!!! I thought I could watch this through and still maintain sanity, but not so sure now. If she walks, I will have a meltdown, but I'll have to have it privately (go to the bathroom and turn the fan or shower on) because my husband will either make fun of me or commit me.

Oh yeah, I will not be able to let anyone in my house know why I'm upset...they will totally have me committed too. My Mom was very sad over the loss of Princess Diana (my mom looked to her as pillar of strength and really admired her) and boy was it ugly around my childhood home for a while...eek !

oh, and if she walks, her life may very well be in danger. More people than those here on this forum are not going to take that well...see the drama outside the courtroom. She may be at the hands of a lynch mob.

When John Mark Karr came fw and said he killed JBR, I REALLY got sucked into that case. My husband complains we have an entire book shelf dedicated to JonBenet. That will take you a few months, but at least you can stay on your own schedule and not be forced (?) to watch every day all day!

Oh, and I also came to the conclusion that the parents did it, after wanting to believe for so long they didn't. Same with this case...didn't want to believe ICA did it but the more I looked the worse it got. I also started out giving Scott Peterson the benefit of the doubt. I'm much more jaded now!

Caylee's case would definitely be a lot more time-consuming to follow than JonBenet's case. We have hours of trial footage everyday, and then we have shows discussing that footage. Prior to the trial, the Sunshine Laws were releasing thousands of new documents. You had to keep up with the case, and the case was moving quickly. With JonBenet's case, there is a ton of information about it on the Internet, but there is no "deadline" to know everything by. You can read and post about it on your own time.

Kyron Horman's case is another case that I follow. His case was moving very quickly, but it has slowed down a lot. Now would be the perfect time to get acquainted with that case because if Kyron is found and Terri is arrested, the media attention will pick up substantially, and we might have another huge trial on our hands, although that won't be for another 3+ years.

clean my house, pay attention to my husband, reschedule the dentist appointments I *couldn't* make it to, and eh, try to get this dent out of my sofa!

Follow the Elizabeth Johnson trial (Baby Gabriel)...... she's meaner than Casey.
Come on over:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=380"]Gabriel Johnson - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I asked myself the same thing...sooooo I scheduled air duct cleaning and housecleaning crews for Thursday. :woohoo:

Now I'm thinking I should re-schedule for the following week!?!? :waitasec:

I do know that I will keep my nose in the Justice for Juliette thread and do what I can to help.

I will finally be at peace knowing this baby girl's murder did not go unpunished. I think I have been so scared that this sociopath would find a way to get free and go unpunished, but I now know that's not going to happen. I feel like a burden is starting to lift off of me. I don't know why, but maybe it's because we'll all shouldered the horror, outrage, and injustice perpetrated for three years for a sociopath who doesn't deserve it.

Caylee's blood family abandoned her, and we've had to be the voice for her, along with the SA, OSCO, TES, and anyone else fighting for CAYLEE MARIE, for a sweet baby girl that deserved to have a life and be a person in this world, murdered and thrown away like trash by her own mother who should have loved her the most.

A person is a person, no matter how small - my favorite Dr. Seuss quote that I will carry with me always. No matter what we think and feel, we've been here for one reason, and one reason only - Caylee Marie. And in two days (maybe three), we'll finally see Justice for her!

After that, I'll still be around, as probably a lot of us will, but we'll be carrying a bit more of peace in our hearts, knowing that not everyone who murders a child gets away with it and that one more person is paying for killing and throwing away what should have been a precious gift from God.

Thanks for being on this long journey with me. I hope we'll take more together on a quest for justice for ALL children who have crimes committed against them!

One of two things will happen:

1. There will be an appeal, and we will all be back here again.

2. I will go on with my life (or lack there of) as following this tragedy has taken up way to much of my time.

2.5 I hope some of you great sleuths move on to other cases and see what you can do to help. The case of the two little girls gunned down in OK is particularly disturbing to me, and someone needs to pay for what they did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back