Life insurance policies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
my husband grandma took a life ins. policy out on her grandson becaues a friend of hers was selling it and only needed to sell onne more policy to get a promotion so his grandma baught it for her 2 year old grandson and 6 months later that little boy was diagnosed with brain cancer and died a very short time later, I took a small one on my children after that because you never know what life holds.

with the amount of media attention this case has gotten, I really think if she did have a life insurance policy on Caylee, it would have been reported by now.

However, even if it flew under reporter's radar, from what I remember, most if not all life insurance policies have their own investigators that will look into any suspicious deaths to determine if they will give out the money or not.

With that being said, I think we would have seen reports of someone "tooling" around asking their own questions.

I also think the LE would have mentioned something as well, with the dna evidence, a LIP would be enough cause for motive, and would be enough grounds to charge an individual with murder.

We have a policy for each of our children through my husbands work. He works for the state and they do it automatically. I think it is for 25,000/child. I lost my first husband to a car accident and if his parents did not help with the funeral I have no idea what I would have done (I was only 23 at the time). I am not sure though, that Casey would have planned ahead for such a thing. She just does not seem responsible enough for that. I could be wrong though, Heaven knows I have been once or twice ;-)

I'm not sure if this was ever discussed, I didn't see anything on it. Go easy on me, its my first time starting a thread!

Anyway, I was just going through some papers and came across a bill from our life insurance and it popped in my head. We all know KC was money hungry, did they ever check to see if she took out a life insurance policy on Caylee? If she had life insurance I'd say that would be a big factor in why this was done to this poor baby.

Did anyone ever find out if there was insurance on dear CAYLEE????

As sure as life happens, so does death. All my children have had Gerber policies since they were infants. It's the responsible thing to do for your children. I would guess CA might have a policy on Caylee through where she works, some grandparents are allowed to do this. I wouldn't know the legalities of claiming the value of the policy though.

As sure as life happens, so does death. All my children have had Gerber policies since they were infants. It's the responsible thing to do for your children. I would guess CA might have a policy on Caylee through where she works, some grandparents are allowed to do this. I wouldn't know the legalities of claiming the value of the policy though.

I don't believe that it is a responsible thing to do for your child to insure them just in case they die. Perhaps a responsible thing to do for yourself as a parent....but the child? no.

As one who has survived the death of a young sibling, I applaud you. I've held a life insurance policy on my own son since he was six months old. Sadly, planning for our children's futures also includes their "final arrangements".

As one who has survived the death of a young sibling, I applaud you. I've held a life insurance policy on my own son since he was six months old. Sadly, planning for our children's futures also includes their "final arrangements".

Thank you, I couldn't imagine losing a child and then having to worry, how am I going to pay for a funeral? Both my parents died when I was young, I know what it costs to bury someone. Thank the Lord my parents had the forethought to have had insurance and burial plots already taken care of. It really was a blessing, what a gift to me that I did not have to go through the agony of having to find a way to bury my parents. My DH and I have done the same for our children, everything is taken care of.

I don't believe that it is a responsible thing to do for your child to insure them just in case they die. Perhaps a responsible thing to do for yourself as a parent....but the child? no.

It is very responsible- many people can't afford the $5-10K it costs to hold a funeral and bury a loved one.

My friend's son died without life insurance- his funeral was postponed two weeks while she tried to scrape money together to pay for it. It was horrifying.

It is very responsible- many people can't afford the $5-10K it costs to hold a funeral and bury a loved one.

My friend's son died without life insurance- his funeral was postponed two weeks while she tried to scrape money together to pay for it. It was horrifying.

My point exactly. It is so sad. People don't like to talk about it, think it will never happen but sometimes it does, so sad to say. The little Gerber policies are very inexpensive. They are worth every penny, a little piece of mind, just in case.

The original poster said it was the responsible thing to do for your child. I believe it is responsible, but I believe it is responsible for the parent, not the child. We as parents aren't doing our children any favors insuring them just in case they die. We're doing ourselves a favor.

We had life insurance for burial only fees. Very little money ammount.........but I am wondering if kc took out a large secret one on CAYLEE...........it's cheap when the baby is little and in good health.............

Typically, life insurance is to replace income in case of death. So it is a little unusual to have life insurance on a youngster. Not that people don;t have them because they do, but it would be suspicious if she did.

Personally, if she did have a policy, I don't think the $$$ was her motive , especially since to claim it, she would have to have proof of death (a kidnapping story wouldn't work).

Since I am am just out of Graduate school and haven't yet found "good" work, I have insurance policies on both my little girls, just enough to cover burial expenses and all of that *just in case* something horrible happened while we were still being supported by only one income.
I didn't realize it was that odd :confused:

While watching the Marie Hilley story on Lifetime, KC came to mind. First murdering the husband then the bad checks and financial crimes, then attempting to murder the daughter. Lots of lies and manipulation. I started to wonder did CA and GA have a will or life insurance. Why was KC searching for choloform and neck breaking? Promising to Tony that they would have the house to themselves soon? The fight with her parents the night of the
15th must have thrown a wrench in her parent-killing-for-the-life-insurance and house plan and so she took it out on poor Caylee. She was already in a killing mood.

She told Amy they could live in the Anthony home because her parents were getting a divorce. So neither planned to live in the house after the divorce?

Just some of KC's wild stories, I think. While GA and CA may have been discussing another separation, how did KC get the idea SHE would get their house? Maybe dreams of killing them off? Pipe dreams of GA and CA killing off each other?

With KC, you can't really take everything as fact. She tends to embellish her tales.

I wouldn't think she had plans to kill her parents, after all, they could overpower her, but killing Caylee, now that's more her style. Why attack an adult when you can do it a little one? No, I think her murderous plans were always aimed towards Caylee.

While watching the Marie Hilley story on Lifetime, KC came to mind. First murdering the husband then the bad checks and financial crimes, then attempting to murder the daughter. Lots of lies and manipulation. I started to wonder did CA and GA have a will or life insurance. Why was KC searching for choloform and neck breaking? Promising to Tony that they would have the house to themselves soon? The fight with her parents the night of the
15th must have thrown a wrench in her parent-killing-for-the-life-insurance and house plan and so she took it out on poor Caylee. She was already in a killing mood.

Cindy and George probably had life insurance through their respective jobs. Given his sporadic employment history, George was most likely a minimum-wage hourly guard. Retired LE are a dime a dozen in physical security and it doesn't guarantee a position of authority. Hourly guards are usually offered the option to pay for a small ($50k max) policy. Cindy, as a case manager (or whatever she was), would have life insurance as part of her benefit package.

It has not been determined whether or not George and Cindy have a "will or life insurance".

Regarding the cholorform, neck breaking searches etc., we have loads of threads of discussion on those searches.

I've always thought that chloroform was overkill for a 2-year-old. But nor for George and Cindy.

If nothing else KC's texts to Amy show she was daydreaming about a life in George and Cindy's house without them. She'd probably want the furniture too. She didn't have money to get her own. Then there are those pesky house payments.

There are many documented cases of women who murdered husbands + children + an elderly parent or two for profit. Back in the 1800's Belle Gunnes of Indiana killed 2 husbands, some suitors and some of her children for insurance money. Many think she killed her surviving children and a new maid to make a get away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back