Linda files Lawsuit for custody of Cassidy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the understanding Judge Sasser was done with her term in Nov.

Judge Debra Sasser is an active Wake County District Court Judge and signed the seal order on 12-17-08.
The 2-4-09 custody hearing is in her 9-B courtroom at 9am (1 hour scheduled)

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with Linda and Meredith. A grandmother to a precious angel myself who is Cassidy's age, I would be doing exactly as they are. My heart would break in two if kept away from mine and I would fight to the end of time for our relationship. I completely understand the relationship you have with Cassidy and I know from experience the magnitude of her love for you.

Please know I and many others totally support you in your efforts to get custody of Cassidy. I admire your courage and tenacity. I admire your strength. Most of all, I admire your love and devotion to this little girl who desperately needs you. The Youngs have attempted to dismiss you and Michelle from this precious child's life and believe me, it simply can't be done. The bond she shares with you is unbreakable. This I know to be a fact through my work with estranged families.

I feel confident the court will rule in your favor. You will soon have Cassidy with you, where she has belonged all along since losing her mother at the hands of her father. Please experience some joy this Christmas week as you await you granddaughter. I feel in my heart you will have her soon. Cassidy desperately needs your love and guidance and the court will see this as well.

Please know this grandmother empathizes with you in a tremendous, positive way.

Well, it's a little late for any feelings of the moral side now, huh?
I agree RC, I really can't see Slayer Boy doing anything but staying silent, yet again.

Keep your eyes peeled to WRAL and WTVD in mid January - he has to file some response within 30 days of being served. It shall be interesting no doubt and I have no doubt if it is possible, the media will post said response, if there is one. :crazy:

Do you think it possible that Sasser might opt to keep Cassidy with her paternal grandmother/paternal aunt because she's already been up there the last 2 years (and even though P.Y. did not petition for custody and L.F. did)? Is that one of the things Sasser can do as part of her determination on where Cassidy should live? (I hope not).

Do you think it possible that Sasser might opt to keep Cassidy with her paternal grandmother/paternal aunt because she's already been up there the last 2 years (and even though P.Y. did not petition for custody and L.F. did)? Is that one of the things Sasser can do as part of her determination on where Cassidy should live? (I hope not).

I think the slayer's strategy may be simple, SleuthyGal
He tells the court he is willing to make Heather and Joe temporary custodial guardians of Cassidy, citing Michelle's will and the fact she has spend nearly 1/2 her life in the Brevard area. He will then agree to a regular visitation schedule for the Fisher's, to include every other weekend, some holidays and an extended summer visit.

I have a feeling the Fisher's may agree to this as long as it is a temporary order. An arrest and conviction will give them another chance to gain permanent custody.

I went back and read Judge Sasser's ruling in the Cooper case, in particular her findings of fact, after reading the complaint filed by Linda Fisher once again. It is interesting to see her thought process and what she found of particular value. Slayer boy better be well prepared to present a case is my best guess, provided he responds at all.

Thanks JTF.

RC, I think Sasser may look for reasons to not move Cassidy from Brevard since that's where she's been the last 2 years. I agree that temporary custody may go to another relative in JY's orbit, with visitation. I'm having trouble envisioning Sasser ruling to remove Cassidy from Brevard altogether and placed in L.Y's/M.Y's hands, even though I think it would be great for her.

Thanks JTF.

RC, I think Sasser may look for reasons to not move Cassidy from Brevard since that's where she's been the last 2 years. I agree that temporary custody may go to another relative in JY's orbit, with visitation. I'm having trouble envisioning Sasser ruling to remove Cassidy from Brevard altogether and placed in L.Y's/M.Y's hands, even though I think it would be great for her.

I dunno - perhaps all Linda Fisher has to do to overcome that is to produce some of the disgusting stuff that the fellow Brevardians have plastered on numerous websites. Shows pretty well that what surrounds Cassidy in that environment is not exactly "sane" and gives a good glimpse into why Slayer boy turned out as he is. Its not a pretty picture.

Thanks JTF.

If Brad Cooper had competent family in the Raleigh / Cary area that were close to his girls, I bet Sasser would have ruled differently....kept the girls in Cary, in their school with their familiar surroundings, while allowing extensive visitation with Nancy's family.

I really think there will eventually be a compromise with only a legal visitation schedule for the Fishers.

I really think there will eventually be a compromise with only a legal visitation schedule for the Fishers.

That's what I'm thinking too. Timing is everything. Had the Fishers done this 2 years ago they might have won temp custody. Now, 2 years down the road, when Cassidy has been surrounded by the slayer's family and is in a routine in Brevard, it's more difficult since Sasser has to consider what pulling Cassidy away from that extended family will mean for the child. I'm assuming Cassidy loves her grandmother/aunt(s).

Liberal visitation or shared custody may be the most Sasser will do in this case (then again, maybe she'll surprise me).

If Brad Cooper had competent family in the Raleigh / Cary area that were close to his girls, I bet Sasser would have ruled differently....kept the girls in Cary, in their school with their familiar surroundings, while allowing extensive visitation with Nancy's family.

JTF,
If JLY does not respond, do you still think there will only be visitation for Linda?
It seems like you are less optimistic than before, is there a specific reason, or just a gut feeling on Judge Sasser? Thanks

Wow! I totally missed this news the other day. Good for the Fishers.

I hope this is the beginning of the end of Jason Young's life as he knows it! :behindbar Jason, IMO, should NOT be walking free. :mad:

JMHO
fran

JTF,
If JLY does not respond, do you still think there will only be visitation for Linda?
It seems like you are less optimistic than before, is there a specific reason, or just a gut feeling on Judge Sasser? Thanks

It's hard to say how the judge will respond to the fact he was declared "the slayer" of his wife and Cassidy's mom.
IMO, that is the only thing compelling enough in Linda's suit that will warrant her full removal from Brevard.

We have to think there will be an arrest within the next few months.:waitasec:
Is it more traumatic allowing her to live with the Fisher's or watch her dad being led away in cuffs in a few months ?
At least the first option would be a 'transition' with Young family contact...like Cooper had before his arrest (I also think Sasser was tipped the DA was close to indicting Brad).
She will already be settling in to her new surroundings when the slayer is cuffed and sent to jail.

Well....scheduled liberal access would be better than what she's got right now!
Anyway it goes, I think Linda (and Cassidy) will benefit.

It's hard to say how the judge will respond to the fact he was declared "the slayer" of his wife and Cassidy's mom.
IMO, that is the only thing compelling enough in Linda's suit that will warrant her full removal from Brevard.

We have to think there will be an arrest within the next few months.:waitasec:
Is it more traumatic allowing her to live with the Fisher's or watch her dad being led away in cuffs in a few months ?
At least the first option would be a 'transition' with Young family contact...like Cooper had before his arrest (I also think Sasser was tipped the DA was close to indicting Brad).
She will already be settling in to her new surroundings when the slayer is cuffed and sent to jail.

Thanks, I hope they can at least get court ordered visitation without the Youngs around. I really think Cassidy would benefit from that. I really hope an arrest occurs in January right after his time to answer....heard anything about him leaving the area?:confused:

its possible since they haven't seen each other much that the judge could issue that they have liberal visitation and perhaps a court appointed councilor seeing how they get along together. not necessarily a supervised visit but more just to make sure cassidy is all right with being around them again. then move the custody issue to a later date until cassidy gets use to them again.

I went back and read Judge Sasser's ruling in the Cooper case, in particular her findings of fact, after reading the complaint filed by Linda Fisher once again. It is interesting to see her thought process and what she found of particular value. Slayer boy better be well prepared to present a case is my best guess, provided he responds at all.

Hi Raisin, I take that as a big 'you don't think so' and am heartened by that thought.

I am hoping that Cassidy is brought up the same way Michelle was which is what Linda and her family can do for her. And I feel quite sure Linda would never keep her from future contact with her other grandma.

Life can sometimes be very complicated in figuring out things like this. To me this seems like a snap ;}

I thought we would have more news by now. xox

Hi Raisin, I take that as a big 'you don't think so' and am heartened by that thought.

I am hoping that Cassidy is brought up the same way Michelle was which is what Linda and her family can do for her. And I feel quite sure Linda would never keep her from future contact with her other grandma.

Life can sometimes be very complicated in figuring out things like this. To me this seems like a snap ;}

I thought we would have more news by now. xox

Scandi - very good to see you by the way ! :)

I dunno really how this will turn out but am unwilling to just accept it is going nowhere for Linda. First reason being if there is no legal foundation under which to pursue this, the judge would have ruled it out already. So the outcome is not a given IMO. Even if it ends with Linda having specified visitations with Cassidy, it is better than what she has had in the past since Michelle's murder.

Judge Sasser who is overseeing this case is very much an advocate for the children - her findings of fact in the Cooper case make that very plain. NC has some interesting twists in its Slayer Law. Given this combination I don't feel this case will end without some accomplishment on behalf of Linda Fisher and Cassidy.

Slayer boy has 30 days from the date of the filing, which was December 17th, to file a written response. So by mid January we should know if his intention is to fight the case or ignore it. Won't be long now. The initial hearing is set for February 4th - not far off either. What is also obvious to me from reading the filing, more than we know now about Slayer boy will be brought forward should he decide to fight it. One has to wonder if he really wants his family to learn who and what he became when out from under their wings - it does not seem to be a very nice picture.

It accuses him of extramarital affairs, and says he even allowed one woman he was sleeping with to live in his home with Michelle in the month prior to the murder.

I know I'm not as up to speed as others -- who was the woman living with them? I know about the affair with MM but hadn't heard about a different woman. TIA!

The 30 day deadline to respond to the custody case in Saturday, 1-17-09.
We should know his intentions on Monday, 1-19-09.
Either way, there will be a hearing on the matter 2 1/2 weeks later, on Wednesday 2-4-09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73