Lindsay Lohan busted for DUI *merged threads*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wouldn't it be nice if, once a celebrity is close to rock bottom, there was a code of honor among the press to simply stop covering these train wrecks?

Think Anna Nicole Smith, Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, and now Lindsay Lohan. There comes a time when it would just make sense to look away, avert eyes from the disaster.

Oh, and wouldn't it be nice if clubs and bartenders (and in ANS's case, doctors) simply stopped enabling the addictive destructive behavior?

"Gee, Miss Lohan, do you really think you should be here in this club, what with your rehab and all?" How hard would that be?

If I was in their shoes, and I really wanted to kick my addiction, and with all the money these people have, I would give firm instructions to my staff to drop me in a secluded place (say an island or on top of a mountain) with a huge supply and regular deliveries of groceries and books and movies, and I would seclude myself for 6 months or a year or more and get clean. Stay out of the limelight. Change all my habits. Forget what the inside of a club looks like. Deal with a bad feeling by feeling it, not medicating it.

I actually might enjoy the seclusion so much, I'd never return to civilization!

imho

The girl in my signature is my neice, she was killed by a drunk driver in May. The driver of the other car was killed also...:mad: It was not the first time he was drinking and driving. He had a record 4 DUI's, 2 driving under suspended licence, Any way I have absolutely NO sympathy for any one that takes the chance to drink and drive.

I am so sorry about your neice. :blowkiss:

I also have NO sympathy for drunk drivers. A friend of mine recently got her 4th DUI and totaled her 4th car (yes, she totaled every time). She has yet to serve any time. She went to court recently and it was rescheduled till October. I say there should be ZERO tolerance for drunk driving. Jail time for your first DUI - maybe it'll straighten some people out. If you get caught again, MAJOR jail time (I'm talking at least 5 years).

Sorry for the rant, y'all.

:clap: I agree with you. I believe that her mother is also caught up in the entire LALA land of L.A. Do you feel that Britney's mom is too? Why do they have such problems with (lack of) control over their children's actions/morals/values? Are these starlets allowed to make their own decisions and do whatever they want at such a young age?

I feel that the only solution for her to remain sober in such a stressful atmosphere is to remove herself from there. Obviously, you don't jet off to Vegas days after leaving rehab and expect to drink water and suck down pixie sticks. I guess Malibu/BH/L.A. isn't the place to be sober, either.

MG

That really would be one of the best things she could do for herself. It is extremely hard (though not impossible) to get clean in your old environment. I just don't think she has the desire yet to change everything. I know I wouldn't have had it at her age.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Me too, If the guy in my neice's case had to serve any time, she might still be with us....."ZERO TOLERANCE" M.A.D.D. maybe her mother and her should read some articles here.
http://www.madd.org/
I am so sorry about your neice. :blowkiss:

I also have NO sympathy for drunk drivers. A friend of mine recently got her 4th DUI and totaled her 4th car (yes, she totaled every time). She has yet to serve any time. She went to court recently and it was rescheduled till October. I say there should be ZERO tolerance for drunk driving. Jail time for your first DUI - maybe it'll straighten some people out. If you get caught again, MAJOR jail time (I'm talking at least 5 years).

Sorry for the rant, y'all.

That really would be one of the best things she could do for herself. It is extremely hard (though not impossible) to get clean in your old environment. I just don't think she has the desire yet to change everything. I know I wouldn't have had it at her age.

Hi South!:blowkiss:
You're so right, and any environment can be the wrong one if she wants to use - even jail or rehab, especially when she can leave to go shopping! My brother finally quit drinking after years of problems, at 44. You've never met such a charming charismatic guy, so talented and full of life. 3 DUI's, many career spirals, many girlfriends (no wives) later, he finally checked himself into detox with no pressure from anyone. He is living one day at a time a month later. I pray for him often. When he drank he was a terror. Once he picked up my 4 year old and dunked his head into a giant bowl of pasta salad. At my parent's 50th anniversary he threw a butter knife at our nephew. These are things he would NEVER do sober. I've bailed him out and talked til I was blue. Until he really felt the pain of his life and truly wanted to do it, he wasn't about to give up his booze.

Eve

Hi South!:blowkiss:
You're so right, and any environment can be the wrong one if she wants to use - even jail or rehab, especially when she can leave to go shopping! My brother finally quit drinking after years of problems, at 44. You've never met such a charming charismatic guy, so talented and full of life. 3 DUI's, many career spirals, many girlfriends (no wives) later, he finally checked himself into detox with no pressure from anyone. He is living one day at a time a month later. I pray for him often. When he drank he was a terror. Once he picked up my 4 year old and dunked his head into a giant bowl of pasta salad. At my parent's 50th anniversary he threw a butter knife at our nephew. These are things he would NEVER do sober. I've bailed him out and talked til I was blue. Until he really felt the pain of his life and truly wanted to do it, he wasn't about to give up his booze.

Eve

Hi Eve :blowkiss:

I will keep your brother in my prayers. It sounds very encouraging that he checked himself in somewhere of his own accord. That's extremely promising. I hope he's going to a lot of meetings!

I know what it's like to be a different person (and not the one I want to be, by any stretch of the imagination) under the influence of substances. If you have a problem, the path can be slow or the path can be fast, but it is always DOWNHILL.

I'm going to send you some pics from my beach trip when I get them downloaded! I hope you and your sweet family are well!

I feel sorry for her. She's got an addiction, which is not a pleasant place to be. Her parents are horrible.

She gets arrested and mom is nowhere around; dad spends the day on TV talking about her and probably getting paid for it....yuck.

Who in the world does she go to if she needs help? No wonder she's a mess.

Of course now she's blaming everyone else for what happend. Drugs aren't hers, assistant's mom "almost" hit her........yeah right. Does she really believe people (us real folks that is) are going to believe her? Although I do hope she gets the help she needs, I do not feel sorry for her one bit. I think the movie production companies that are waiting with baited breath and are standing by her, need to drop her like a hot potato and give her a quick taste of reality.

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2007/07/25/723059.html

Sounds like typical addict speak .. they dont take accountability etc.. I would agree that she hasnt really hit bottom yet and isnt ready to get clean and stay clean. SHe hasnt yet realized that she is going to seriously change her life and her habits as well as commit to some serious hard work if she wants to stick with it. I dont envy anyone going thru this. I have seen addiction and its impact in my own family. It can be devastaing but you cant help someone who isnt ready..s he is just not there yet..sad as that may be. I would suspect its harder in LALA land when surrounded by yes men, by those who live off you, who dont want you to succeed since it will servely curtail their own lives, its easy to find sources .. likely its given to you many times, and you can afford the habit unlike most of us normal folks who would start feeling the financial pinch much sooner.

She has all the opportunity and support to "turn her behavior around", but the key is staying away from the bad influences around her.

She is not the victim here! She is an adult making very poor decisions. Substance abuse and alcoholism isnt selective, and it doesnt matter how much you have, you need to get help.

Anyone who brings a substance into PD, is a "cry of help!.

Quote "She states, I am innocent, I do not do drugs, that wasn't mine...", is so far into denial. That clearly she is so far gone down the road of addiction.

Britney is right behind her, and these girls would be better off moving to a quiet lifestyle and focusing on their health and getting the therapy they need to rebuild themselves, their careers are low priority now!

Of course now she's blaming everyone else for what happend. Drugs aren't hers, assistant's mom "almost" hit her........yeah right. Does she really believe people (us real folks that is) are going to believe her? Although I do hope she gets the help she needs, I do not feel sorry for her one bit. I think the movie production companies that are waiting with baited breath and are standing by her, need to drop her like a hot potato and give her a quick taste of reality.

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2007/07/25/723059.html

That would be a great wake up call!:cool:

She has a movie coming out or just came out. Bet their boxoffice numbers will be low now.

I think most of the public may see the movies just because publicity is publicity. However, anything else going forward, would be better for LL to take a long, long vacation.;)

Hi Eve :blowkiss:

I will keep your brother in my prayers. It sounds very encouraging that he checked himself in somewhere of his own accord. That's extremely promising. I hope he's going to a lot of meetings!

I know what it's like to be a different person (and not the one I want to be, by any stretch of the imagination) under the influence of substances. If you have a problem, the path can be slow or the path can be fast, but it is always DOWNHILL.

I'm going to send you some pics from my beach trip when I get them downloaded! I hope you and your sweet family are well!

Thanks South! :blowkiss: I will look forward to your pics and have some of our Colorado trip for you, too. We had a blast and my son was "the man" on the soccer field! They played at the Air Force Academy, it was neat!

Thanks for the prayers. I was quite stunned when he finally hit bottom and checked himself in, I know none of us thought it would ever happen. He had a pretty high bottom, too, able to function quite well, but I saw the deterioration, as did everyone who loves him.

So many people afflicted with addictions are talented and wonderful - we see this with the famous, just like in real life. Britney, Lindsay, and countless, countless others now, and in the past - think Judy Garland, Jason Robards, F. Scott Fitzgerald...the list is endless. It didn't used to be so painfully public, however. They have the additional pressure of publicity but we can hope the additional resources help to make up for it a little.

But for the grace of God go many of us...

xoxoxo
Eve

She has all the opportunity and support to "turn her behavior around", but the key is staying away from the bad influences around her.

She is not the victim here! She is an adult making very poor decisions. Substance abuse and alcoholism isnt selective, and it doesnt matter how much you have, you need to get help.

Anyone who brings a substance into PD, is a "cry of help!.

Quote "She states, I am innocent, I do not do drugs, that wasn't mine...", is so far into denial. That clearly she is so far gone down the road of addiction.

Britney is right behind her, and these girls would be better off moving to a quiet lifestyle and focusing on their health and getting the therapy they need to rebuild themselves, their careers are low priority now!

If the drugs in Lindsay's own pocket weren't hers...then who's were they? And why was Lindsay, fresh out of rehab, volunteering to 'hold' someone's drugs for her?

I fear that spin won't go far.

If the drugs in Lindsay's own pocket weren't hers...then who's were they? And why was Lindsay, fresh out of rehab, volunteering to 'hold' someone's drugs for her?

:banghead: :banghead:

Ahhhh, but there's the issue! They weren't in Lindsay's "own pocket!" per Lindsay. Oh my. Now she's claiming those weren't her jeans. They had a jean swap! Okay, so I'm embarassed to admit the "sources" for this were: 1) ET and 2) Nancy Grace :eek:

But as someone else mentioned, for not being her jeans (yeah right), they sure fit like a glove, LOL.

Exactly. Let's say we are all totally stupid and believe that, in fact, these weren't her jeans or she was holding the coke for someone else....what in the world is a recovering addict fresh out of rehab even doing in a place that would have coke?

It's all a bunch of malarky but I guess it's the best story they could come up with. Wonder if they tested her for coke and how long coke stays in your system?....

DUI consequences are controlled by the individual states--some are tougher than others. I've heard that Florida has really cracked down on them recently with automatic jail time for first time DUIs convictions.

If every state went to that--or even automatic jail time for second DUIs...then I think we would all be a lot safer.

:banghead: :banghead:

Ahhhh, but there's the issue! They weren't in Lindsay's "own pocket!" per Lindsay. Oh my. Now she's claiming those weren't her jeans. They had a jean swap! Okay, so I'm embarassed to admit the "sources" for this were: 1) ET and 2) Nancy Grace :eek:

But as someone else mentioned, for not being her jeans (yeah right), they sure fit like a glove, LOL.

Hi DeputyD!

Yeah someone must have switched pockets with Lindsay!

Probably a velcro pocket craze amongst the young adults. You know rip one pocket off your jeans and replace them with another....anyone can switch pockets on you while you are going about your business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86
Back