Lisa has been Missing for 6 Months now

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think there's anything wrong with following the case online. If you go from being a completely ordinary person to someone who complete strangers are discussing, it's natural to be curious. People commenting saying that you murdered your child can be very hurtful even if you're innocent.

I could actually see scouring FB if my child were missing. I could see having google alert set so that any time someone even hinted at my child on the internet, I would know it. We've seen people insert themselves into cases via news interviews and showing up to searches, after they've harmed a child. It stands to reason that the same could be done via the internet.

And, I'm not perfect. I would probably get my back up depending on what was said about me. Sometimes I have to walk away from WS as it is, when I'm not even personally tied to a case. I really don't see how following the case online is a terrible thing for the family.

It's not a terrible thing for the family...it's a terrible thing for Lisa because the more time DB sits at her computer, the less time she is actually DOING anything positive to help find her child. Communicating with authorities, talking to organizations about help to find her child, finding out where she can go for more help...these are totally normal. Sitting on Facebook or Websleuths and reading about what people are saying about you? Not so much! How does that help Lisa?

If you've already told authorities everything you know - what more can you tell them? If you've already hired investigators looking into the case, do you want to muddy the waters with too many?

I've seen this more with some of the unidentified/cold cases, but we've got some smart people here at WS. There's always a chance in reading something about your own case, it could spark and idea of something new, some new person, somewhere to look.

Also, just because we don't hear publicly that DB and JI are doing something, that does not mean that they are simply sitting at home doing nothing. They don't owe the public an accounting of how their time is spent or what they've done.

Again, I'd like to point out Tori Stafford's case. Her mother was drug through the mud for not acting how people expected the mother of a missing child to act - and yet, had absolutely nothing to do with her daughter's death.

If Deborah Bradley is reading here, she's not the only mother of a missing child to be doing so. Anna Waters' mother is a regular poster here.

And to the example of Tori Stafford's mother, I add Lindy Chamberlain. How many years did she spend in prison partly because she didn't act how people thought the mother of a missing child should act.

I cannot believe little Lisa has been missing for six months! I hope the investigation makes some progress sooner rather than later.

JMO, but I don't think it's as much how they act as the changing stories.

Why didn't she just say, I went in at 10:30 after drinking for several hours and I don't remember. Let's ask the boys - they were up and I asked them to come sleep with me, so maybe they remember what we did with Lisa.

How hard is that, really? JMO.

If you've already told authorities everything you know - what more can you tell them?

i linked an article in the poll thread 10 minutes ago that states that LE still wants to ask the parents some "tough questions" about that night... so obviously there is still information LE would like to obtain.

Again, I'd like to point out Tori Stafford's case. Her mother was drug through the mud for not acting how people expected the mother of a missing child to act - and yet, had absolutely nothing to do with her daughter's death.

would you be willing to provide some examples (maybe with links) how she didn't act how the mother of a missing child should act? there are people here who haven't followed the case closely enough to know this. TIA.

and do you know if she ever refused to speak to LE when asked?

my responses in green

If you've already told authorities everything you know - what more can you tell them? If you've already hired investigators looking into the case, do you want to muddy the waters with too many?

I've seen this more with some of the unidentified/cold cases, but we've got some smart people here at WS. There's always a chance in reading something about your own case, it could spark and idea of something new, some new person, somewhere to look.

Also, just because we don't hear publicly that DB and JI are doing something, that does not mean that they are simply sitting at home doing nothing. They don't owe the public an accounting of how their time is spent or what they've done.

I did not follow Tori Stafford's case. Did her mother have several stories about when she last saw Tori and refuse to be interviewed by the police?

I cannot believe little Lisa has been missing for six months! I hope the investigation makes some progress sooner rather than later.

It's disheartening to see the lack of progress in cases where there have been no charges filed or arrests made, i.e. Lisa Irwin, HaLeigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, Kyron Horman, to name a few. It's almost as if these children evaporate into thin air and that no one is held accountable for whatever happened to them :cry:

I did not follow Tori Stafford's case. Did her mother have several stories about when she last saw Tori and refuse to be interviewed by the police?

This is off the top of my head here, so I may be forgetting things here, but there was a shifting timeline of how long she looked for Tori/reported her missing (Tori was walking home from school). She was a drug addict who was barely hanging on to sobriety. Her new husband had a criminal record as well. Rumors abounded about drug debts and other unsavory suppositions. Tori's mom cut short an interview with LE and just walked out. I don't think she went back for some time. She was ripped to shreds for getting a haircut and for making odd statements that a person whose child was missing "would never say."

Turned out to be a crime of opportunity by two locals, high on drugs, who used Tori for a sex crime. The entire time mom was being ripped for not cooperating with LE, for not going back for more questioning, for this that and the other, Tori was already dead.

While I understand what you are saying about Tori's mom, if she didn't like public suspicion then why not go to LE and get her named cleared. If DB is innocent then why the heck is she trying to look so guilty? If she knows nothing as to Lisa's whereabouts why tell the world she failed a lie detector? Why continue to read about people trashing you on the Internet and still do nothing to clear your name, if she really cared what people were saying about her and she were innocent then why not submit to interviews? Why not cry to the media to help.

By letting people think you are guilty it is not helping find Lisa, if 75% (just an example) of the population thinks that Lisa is dead and that DB is guilty then the chances of her being found are even slimmer.

I can't fathom having a child kidnapped and allowing the world to think I just don't care. iMO DB and JI simply do not care that Lisa is gone, that is my opinion based on their actions.

Here in SD a woman, Catherine Tornquist, went missing a few days after Lisa. There was just a search for Catherine the weekend before Easter. Her family has hired a PI, as well, and are considering the event a 'family matter' and wish to be low key. I can understand that DB and JI don't want to deal with a media circus. IDM has told us that the press was intrusive and we all saw Edith's hystrionics on the lawn. Don't misinterpret not wanting a media frenzy in the neighborhood again for not wanting to find their daughter. There are too many unknowns in this case and certain unsavorys who got out of Dodge awfully fast, except jersey, we know where he is.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152693&highlight=tornquist

Here in SD a woman, Catherine Tornquist, went missing a few days after Lisa. There was just a search for Catherine the weekend before Easter. Her family has hired a PI, as well, and are considering the event a 'family matter' and wish to be low key. I can understand that DB and JI don't want to deal with a media circus. IDM has told us that the press was intrusive and we all saw Edith's hystrionics on the lawn. Don't misinterpret not wanting a media frenzy in the neighborhood again for not wanting to find their daughter. There are too many unknowns in this case and certain unsavorys who got out of Dodge awfully fast, except jersey, we know where he is.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152693&highlight=tornquist

And media exposure may really not help the case. Think about Lisa - she looks like a lot of babies. Having tons of tips rolling in could muddy the waters. She's also going to age fast, because babies at that age are constantly growing. If she was taken by someone who wants their own child, they probably altered her appearance and/or got out of dodge. If she wasn't taken by someone who wanted a baby, she's dead. Broadcasting her face everywhere isn't going to do much for that either.

I really can't think of the last time a public plea or airing your grief on television has actually helped recover a child. The only thing it does is follow the script of what good parents "should" do - so that they can be ripped apart by our tabloid media.

...I can't fathom having a child kidnapped and allowing the world to think I just don't care. iMO DB and JI simply do not care that Lisa is gone, that is my opinion based on their actions.

Respectfully edited. I, too, get the impression that Deborah and Jeremy don't care that Lisa is "missing". I posted this previously:

#51 01-03-2012, 10:03 AM
BetteDavisEyes

I've pretty much given up on this case mostly because the parents don't seem to care about Lisa - they lawyered up, stopped cooperating with LE, defended DB's actions ("adult time"), stopped pleading for their child's safe return. Neither parent is a sympathetic character: It's seems that they want this to just go away, and they act as if Lisa never existed.

:moo:

All I can say is if it were my baby missing, I'd have the press and any bystanders in the street eating out of my hand. I'd have to. I'd show my children still with me what love is all about.

BBM

That's exactly why they should be working with LE. LE is privy to much more information than we are. They are likely to have the most valuable information that might trigger a memory or a thought regarding the case. Communication with LE should be a two way street. But the parents have chosen to close that door. It's unfortunate for Lisa. :(

If I were to be honest with myself, I'm not sure if I'd be able to talk to media too much if my child went missing. I'd be a wreck. I mean, sometimes my son giggles and he's so cute I tear up. I'm not sure I'd be able to get any words out at all. That said, I would be posting fliers, staying up late on the computer to keep my child's story alive in this age of 24-hour news, the police may have to arrest me for harassing them. I don't know what DB is doing with her days; I know she still has two sons to take care of, there's regular chores that need to be done, etc etc etc. But if that website is all she's doing to help with Lisa, then I have to say that's pretty lazy.
She should be sitting down with LE, not over the phone but in person, and answering those "tough" questions. Have the police been able to ask follow-up questions on her sons who "may have heard something" that night? Memories fade with time, and details become harder to remember-- this is why LE wanted to interview them early on, the whole family. I just shake my head and wonder when something will be done for this case. Maybe the police will reveal new evidence. Maybe DB will get drunk again and crack under the pressure. Maybe JI will grow a set and tell LE all he knows. This case has had far too many red herrings.

Let's get back on topic... and please attack the post not the poster. Thanks peeps.

This is off the top of my head here, so I may be forgetting things here, but there was a shifting timeline of how long she looked for Tori/reported her missing (Tori was walking home from school). She was a drug addict who was barely hanging on to sobriety. Her new husband had a criminal record as well. Rumors abounded about drug debts and other unsavory suppositions. Tori's mom cut short an interview with LE and just walked out. I don't think she went back for some time. She was ripped to shreds for getting a haircut and for making odd statements that a person whose child was missing "would never say."

Turned out to be a crime of opportunity by two locals, high on drugs, who used Tori for a sex crime. The entire time mom was being ripped for not cooperating with LE, for not going back for more questioning, for this that and the other, Tori was already dead.

And the reality is...that Tori's parents were DIRECTLY responsible for keeping her story in the news inspite of the extreme discomfort that the media put on them. God Bless Tori and those that loved her.:twocents:

There are sinister, evil people out there that wait for the opportunity to do evil. In investigations things are not always as they seem. I could be wrong but I believe that DB and JI are not responsible for BL disappearance and that something more sinister is at play here. JMO Tori had strong parents who put up with the unimaginable to keep her story in the news; some I believe are not that strong but are still just as much a victim.:twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back