Lisa Marie Presley Dies At 54 After Cardiac Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(NewsNation) — A Missouri woman was arrested Friday and charged in connection with an alleged scheme to defraud Elvis Presley’s family of millions of dollars and steal the family’s ownership interest in Graceland, the U.S. Department of Justice said.

Lisa Jeanine Findley, 53, was charged with mail fraud and aggravated identity theft. She’s set to appear in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri later Friday.

Complete article at link...

Updated: Aug 16, 2024 / 12:46 PM EDT
I was suspicious of the Nigerian fraudster claim when it emerged. I thought that the scheme was hatched by someone familiar with US lien laws, and was probably perpetrated by someone inside the US who had considerable knowledge of our court system. It's good to know that Findley was stopped, and that she was arrested.

I was suspicious of the Nigerian fraudster claim when it emerged. I thought that the scheme was hatched by someone familiar with US lien laws, and was probably perpetrated by someone inside the US who had considerable knowledge of our court system. It's good to know that Findley was stopped, and that she was arrested.

She must have educated herself on the Nigerian crime scene at some point. They are notorious for crime and corruption.

Something must be very wrong with Priscilla for her to have allowed this takeover by Brigitte Kruse and to have signed these important documents as described below. I’m only a year younger than Priscilla and I can’t imagine allowing this to happen, so it’s not just an age-related lapse in judgement IMO. Priscilla certainly isn’t naive regarding attorneys and business. I’m glad things are on their way to being sorted out, and I hope these contracts are found by the court to be invalid. Above all, I hope Priscilla is getting whatever care she needs.

In a declaration filed July 19 in Florida, Priscilla describes the alleged elder abuse in her own words, saying Kruse was determined “to isolate me from my trusted advisors and gain control over my income, finances, and financial decision-making.” She writes, “Kruse represented to me that my prior advisors had engaged in wrongful acts and that she needed control in order to ‘protect me.” She says the document signing held at Kruse’s home on Jan. 8, 2023 — what would have been Elvis’ 88th birthday — was predatory.

“Kruse arranged for me to be ‘represented’ by her friend, Lynn Walker Wright,” Priscilla wrote. “I was isolated from my advisors and asked to sign a series of agreements, one after the other, with little to no explanation of the contents of each agreement. For example, I was never advised that the agreements stated that I would be holding only a minority interest in these companies, in some cases, only 20% of the company. I had not been provided with any paperwork to review in advance, had not had an opportunity to have anyone review the paperwork before I was asked to sign it, and was not advised as to the nature of the paperwork in advance by Wright, my purported attorney.” (Walker Wright, who is named as a defendant in the elder abuse lawsuit, did not return a request for comment.)

Something must be very wrong with Priscilla for her to have allowed this takeover by Brigitte Kruse and to have signed these important documents as described below. I’m only a year younger than Priscilla and I can’t imagine allowing this to happen, so it’s not just an age-related lapse in judgement IMO. Priscilla certainly isn’t naive regarding attorneys and business. I’m glad things are on their way to being sorted out, and I hope these contracts are found by the court to be invalid. Above all, I hope Priscilla is getting whatever care she needs.

In a declaration filed July 19 in Florida, Priscilla describes the alleged elder abuse in her own words, saying Kruse was determined “to isolate me from my trusted advisors and gain control over my income, finances, and financial decision-making.” She writes, “Kruse represented to me that my prior advisors had engaged in wrongful acts and that she needed control in order to ‘protect me.” She says the document signing held at Kruse’s home on Jan. 8, 2023 — what would have been Elvis’ 88th birthday — was predatory.

“Kruse arranged for me to be ‘represented’ by her friend, Lynn Walker Wright,” Priscilla wrote. “I was isolated from my advisors and asked to sign a series of agreements, one after the other, with little to no explanation of the contents of each agreement. For example, I was never advised that the agreements stated that I would be holding only a minority interest in these companies, in some cases, only 20% of the company. I had not been provided with any paperwork to review in advance, had not had an opportunity to have anyone review the paperwork before I was asked to sign it, and was not advised as to the nature of the paperwork in advance by Wright, my purported attorney.” (Walker Wright, who is named as a defendant in the elder abuse lawsuit, did not return a request for comment.)

Yes, Priscilla should have known better. OTOH, I also think these were some very slick con artists. They had a team and a system for gaining trust, then deceiving their victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back