Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone do me a favor. If you see me go back to the voy site, slap me. I get so angry when I go there!!!! Sorry, I know this is not relevant.

No problem, I only go there when there is significant news. Otherwise, the only discussion there is drivel. Do the same for me, please!

By the way, the media is wild around here tonite. It was funny, the took the light (camera vans lighting up the house) and then someone inside the house started flicking a light on and off upstairs. The cameras lights went back on. It's almost as if he is playing a game. I can picture him drinking beer and messing with the media.

The only problem I see with that is it messes with the kids, too. I can't imagine how hard it is for them to have to feel like prisoners inside their own home. It must be rather frightening, not to mention, unnerving for them.

CS has been playing a game since Day One with LE and the media. Today, he received notice he is now targeted to be on the losing side. :D His nerves are going to begin to frazzle, his world is going to become even smaller, and now that he doesn't have a pretty, bikini-clad reporter running around his house...he is going to be pretty darn lonely. hehehe

New media link - I thought there was a thread for media links only, but I can't seem to find it - so hope it is okay to post it here.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/police-eye-husband-in-wifes-vanishing/20070712210709990001

I think most of you have this information already. It talks about CS being named a POI. I just hope this means the kids are going somewhere else. It worries me that the Detective comes right out and says he thinks the kids may have important information. If CS has harmed Lisa, what would stop him from harming the kids if he thought it would keep him out of jail.

The sooner the kids are removed from his care, the sooner I will go back to breathing easier.

Salem

Okay - I found the media only thread and posted my link there. It is really just more of the same that everyone has posted since this morining.

Salem

Clearing up the clearing up. Just to be sure we are on the same page, although it is not a huge point, my understanding all along was that he said, "as far as I know, someone picked her up." That is different that stating he saw her leave in a car. (I'm not picking on you, I just wasn't sure by your message if that's the same thing you got out of it. And it could be me that is misinterpreting things.)

Anyway, welcome again.

By the way, the media is wild around here tonite. It was funny, the took the light (camera vans lighting up the house) and then someone inside the house started flicking a light on and off upstairs. The cameras lights went back on. It's almost as if he is playing a game. I can picture him drinking beer and messing with the media.

My apologies closeobserver for causing any confusion. Maybe I just interpreted what I read by someone else to be too closely related to what I heard on the news. News or blog person said CS saw Lisa get into a car. On the news tonight CS said: “As far as I know, someone picked her up.” How could he say, “As far as I know” if he didn’t know? Just my view. Now! Stop Pickingggggg on me!! :))

Very funny about the news frenzy tonight!! I got great visuals from your description. CS must be going nuts inside. But, hope the kids were sleeping. How far from the Stebic home do you live? If close, did you see or hear anything on April 30th? Something has really been bugging me about the whole time line of that night.

OK, a few weeks back, I did a Google Earth search of the Plainfield and surrounding areas. While doing so, I received a pretty good education of the land. Google provides info tabs on the maps if you want to learn something. With Plainfield being flat land, and not many secluded areas, “Whoever” would have had to take quiet a drive to do a dirty deed. (Hunch told me she’s probably not in Plainfield anyway)

There’s been a slightly varying time line as to when Lisa left and when her kids went for candy. For sake of argument let’s say 6:00-7:00 for all. But if you really think about it, that time line is totally moot. What I think matters is the fact that CS was home when the kids got back from the store. There was no mention that he wasn’t. (I stand corrected if wrong on this) Even if he took her somewhere in Plainfield, he would never have made it home on time when the kids returned. On April 30th, sunset was at 7:49, and twilight at 8:20. “If” CS did do the ugly, there’s no way he could have without the possibility of being seen. When I go to this thought process, it sickens me to think of the possibility that Lisa was still in the house when the kids got home. UGH! “If” that’s the case, “Whoever” took her out later that night allowing plenty of time to go “wherever”, and cover his trail. Do you think that could be a reasonable explanation as to why he didn’t report her missing until the next day?????? Let me know your thoughts. I love debate and receive sincere criticism very well. I just want to know the truth. God, please send Lisa home to her family.

Keeping the faith……

Peace

Was it even him that reported her missing though? For some reason, it seems to me that it was someone other than CS who reported Lisa as missing. Perhaps I'm confusing this with another, sadly there are so freakin' many of these situations anymore it's difficult to keep them seperate.

I pray for a time that I get home from work and get on these boards and find out there aren't any new stories...................

. . .The sooner the kids are removed from his care, the sooner I will go back to breathing easier.

Salem
They could be in danger as you fear if he becomes less stable especially since he did not get the custody order he asked for but I think they are safe for now. If I correctly remember this case I believe the children are why the murder was done in the first place. He wanted custody transfered to him (wasn't this the case where the man asked for an emergency custody order right after the wife went missing?) knowing he would be eventually charged with the crime but his parents would then be able to raise the children by default and I think that may be what he wanted all along and for her not to have those children at any cost.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/13293836/detail.html

Was it even him that reported her missing though? For some reason, it seems to me that it was someone other than CS who reported Lisa as missing. Perhaps I'm confusing this with another, sadly there are so freakin' many of these situations anymore it's difficult to keep them seperate.

I pray for a time that I get home from work and get on these boards and find out there aren't any new stories...................

Hi TallCoolOne

I've read and heard different accounts about who called. ~~On May 1 he asked a neighbor if she/he? had seen Lisa. Then the neighbor called.~~On May 1 a worried neighbor called LE.~~He called.~~Check out this link. It cantains the Lisa story from the beginning.
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/stebic/index.html

Yes, sadly there are so many missing. On any given day, there are as many as 100,000 active missing persons cases in the United States. I've been sticking with Lisa's story exclusively, because I can't handle all that tragic. My heart is nearly broken in two as it is. God never gives us more than we can handle. He gave me Lisa. All I can do is pray for the rest. That's all any of us can do......

Keeping the faith......

Peace

Wow! I leave for 5 days and come back to all this news! The reporter thing blew me away! One thing I found interesting is that they will not comment on where the videotape came from. I have always felt that the police have been watching every move CS makes. I think the tape came from them. Naming him a POI just puts more pressure on him to slip up. I truly think he believes he's gotten away with it. Per my "insider," they have a lot more evidence than has been released. They know he did it; they just want to cross their t's and dot the i's. Can't wait until he is arrested!

Thrilled this morning to hear on the radio that Craig is finally a POI. This is big news here, very big news. I hope they get him soon and can find Lisa's body and provide closure to the family.

Just trying to put things together in my mind...does anyone know what CS does for a living?? Reading the above post regarding CS's dad I believe it was "bythebay" (WELCOME) I don't think that rumor may be too far from the truth. I have had a feeling all along that his dad knows more than what he is saying. It's just a feeling I have had since I saw the dad interviewed once.

Hi curiositycat, Thanks for the welcome!

I too have felt suspicious about CS's father. But, have chosen to leave that alone. I'm already in too deep with my suspicions about CS. I "try," (and sometimes with great difficulty), to remain unbiased. ~Innocent before Guilty~ I'm already bordering on outright accusing CS. I saw the interview and also some photos of CS’s father. It’s hard for me to imagine that little old man taking part in anything so gruesome, but not impossible I suppose. He “could” know something, and is holding back to protect his son. I don’t know. Saying that, I’ll “try” to remain focused on LE facts as presented. Of course, I will continue to add my two cents worth of theory and questions. Can’t avoid that!

Keeping the faith……

Peace

Now! Stop Pickingggggg on me!! :))

Very funny about the news frenzy tonight!! I got great visuals from your description. CS must be going nuts inside. But, hope the kids were sleeping. How far from the Stebic home do you live? If close, did you see or hear anything on April 30th? Something has really been bugging me about the whole time line of that night.

There’s been a slightly varying time line as to when Lisa left and when her kids went for candy. For sake of argument let’s say 6:00-7:00 for all. But if you really think about it, that time line is totally moot. What I think matters is the fact that CS was home when the kids got back from the store. There was no mention that he wasn’t. (I stand corrected if wrong on this) Even if he took her somewhere in Plainfield, he would never have made it home on time when the kids returned. On April 30th, sunset was at 7:49, and twilight at 8:20. “If” CS did do the ugly, there’s no way he could have without the possibility of being seen. When I go to this thought process, it sickens me to think of the possibility that Lisa was still in the house when the kids got home. UGH! “If” that’s the case, “Whoever” took her out later that night allowing plenty of time to go “wherever”, and cover his trail. Do you think that could be a reasonable explanation as to why he didn’t report her missing until the next day?????? Let me know your thoughts. I love debate and receive sincere criticism very well. I just want to know the truth. God, please send Lisa home to her family.

Keeping the faith……

Peace

OK, I'm done picking on you:)

Regarding one of your questions, I live TOO CLOSE to say how close if you know what I mean.

Regarding your theory on timing...the popular opinion discussed is that IF he did it when the kids were at the store, or right before they came home, that he stored the body somewhere in the house until late at night, after everone would be asleep. Some suggested even that perhaps an accompliss came and met him close by, but took her body far away.

Thanks for the info Deb! I wonder if he is back at work yet? That article is from May.
Another question I have is how long were the kids at the store?
She is only 5'2" and he is a large man. She had been working out, but still I don't think it would be hard for a man that big to overpower her.

Regarding one of your questions, I live TOO CLOSE to say how close if you know what I mean.

Regarding your theory on timing...the popular opinion discussed is that IF he did it when the kids were at the store, or right before they came home, that he stored the body somewhere in the house until late at night, after everone would be asleep. Some suggested even that perhaps an accompliss came and met him close by, but took her body far away.

I've always thought that CS's father and hunting buddy, with whom he was hunting when he was stopped by the cops in WI, is a likely accomplice. Something about him is troubling, anyway. It would stand to reason that if CS did do the crime when the kids were away buying candy, then he could have stashed her body in the bed of his pickup and covered it with a tarp (hence, the tarp with blood on it) until later in the night when the kids were asleep.

Then, he could have met his father half-way and his dad could have disposed of the body for him, so he could get back home with the kids. The Stebics own some property in the UP of MI and there are hundreds of abandoned mines in that area, according to an article I read. Also, someone mentioned that the elder Stebic owned a tree-cutting business or some such thing, which brings up memories of the movie "Fargo" - horrifying thought!

Hey, thanks for validating my theory......One that I've been wanting to share, but unable too until this forum. It's probably old conversion by many here, so I really appreciate your patience in answering. I get your meaning of TOO CLOSE, and will not ask again. Seems your privacy has become a luxury, huh? Geesh!

Keeping the faith......on Friday the 13th

Peace

Cadaver dogs made a hit in the laundry room. Many theories have been discussed about that too. Craig's last day at Dial Corp. was the day after Lisa went missing. He was/is employed by a private contractor (forgot the name) that sends him to different job sites and is said to be laid off frequently for two weeks at a time in between jobs.

I've always thought that CS's father and hunting buddy, with whom he was hunting when he was stopped by the cops in WI, is a likely accomplice. Something about him is troubling, anyway. It would stand to reason that if CS did do the crime when the kids were away buying candy, then he could have stashed her body in the bed of his pickup and covered it with a tarp (hence, the tarp with blood on it) until later in the night when the kids were asleep.

Then, he could have met his father half-way and his dad could have disposed of the body for him, so he could get back home with the kids. The Stebics own some property in the UP of MI and there are hundreds of abandoned mines in that area, according to an article I read. Also, someone mentioned that the elder Stebic owned a tree-cutting business or some such thing, which brings up memories of the movie "Fargo" - horrifying thought!

Expanding on that theory, IF they are guilty, CS's dad could have driven ALL the way down, or within 5 minutes of he house on a country road so CS wouldn't have to be gone more than 10-15 minutes with his kids asleep. CS's dad could have arrived anytime of the evening or night.

I could envision this being an act of rage, then him calling his dad and saying that "I made a terrible mistake and need your help. Nobody would believe me it was an accident and it would be terrible on the kids if they lost both parents."

Perhaps only the stuff of novels, but...? Again, I like to theorize, but I have no proof that he did it. It's possible he is innocent and a victim of circumstances.

Cadaver dogs made a hit in the laundry room. Many theories have been discussed about that too. Craig's last day at Dial Corp. was the day after Lisa went missing. He was/is employed by a private contractor (forgot the name) that sends him to different job sites and is said to be laid off frequently for two weeks at a time in between jobs.
Well this is interesting. She worked at the school, not as a teacher, in a lower paying job. He can't keep a job? How do they afford that nice home with a pool in the backyard? :confused:

Expanding on that theory, IF they are guilty, CS's dad could have driven ALL the way down, or within 5 minutes of he house on a country road so CS wouldn't have to be gone more than 10-15 minutes with his kids asleep. CS's dad could have arrived anytime of the evening or night.

I could envision this being an act of rage, then him calling his dad and saying that "I made a terrible mistake and need your help. Nobody would believe me it was an accident and it would be terrible on the kids if they lost both parents."

Perhaps only the stuff of novels, but...? Again, I like to theorize, but I have no proof that he did it. It's possible he is innocent and a victim of circumstances.

That's pretty much how I envision it, too. I don't think it's too far-fetched. Desperate people do desperate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces