Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is interesting. She worked at the school, not as a teacher, in a lower paying job. He can't keep a job? How do they afford that nice home with a pool in the backyard? :confused:

I read somewhere where they were mortgaged to the hilt - in fact, the article said that they owed more on their mortgage(s) than the house was worth - finance folks call that "being upside down on the loan".

Well this is interesting. She worked at the school, not as a teacher, in a lower paying job. He can't keep a job? How do they afford that nice home with a pool in the backyard? :confused:

In the court papers that were filed for the divorce he makes 75 or 80,000 a year. No she didn't make much at that time but had apparently worked before in what I'd think was a good job. Hotel business, management? Something like that, she had a degree.

In the court papers that were filed for the divorce he makes 75 or 80,000 a year. No she didn't make much at that time but had apparently worked before in what I'd think was a good job. Hotel business, management? Something like that, she had a degree.

But hasn't he been unemployed since the disappearance? Maybe he's gonna let the bank take the house. Foreclosure takes a few months. I agree dear old dad had something to do with this. He may even be helping to support CS since he is not working.

Closeobserver, any movement around the house today? I drove by and it seemed deserted except for the media. Those poor kids!

But hasn't he been unemployed since the disappearance? Maybe he's gonna let the bank take the house. Foreclosure takes a few months. I agree dear old dad had something to do with this. He may even be helping to support CS since he is not working.

Closeobserver, any movement around the house today? I drove by and it seemed deserted except for the media. Those poor kids!

Speaking of the kids. This is all conjuncture but IF those kids do know something they may be scared to death to talk. They may be afraid the same thing that happened to the mom will happen to them. I heard her cousin on an interview saying that when he let the kids go to California with them to visit relatives they didn't appear "ok", they were having nightmares, ect.
I truly feel sorry for these kids IF they saw a fight between their parents that turned deadly they may be in a really horrible situation now. They are probably scared to talk to anyone.

I am really heart-broken that those children are forced to stay in that situation. Regardless of the fact that their Mother "disappeared", they need to be counselled & talk to people they trust. They know the hostile atmosphere that existed between their parents & even if he did not kill her, as long as she is "MISSING" They need comfort & counselling & a chance to express their feelings & ask questions. For that attitude alone I consider Craig a murderer! Why else would he slowly destroy his children.????

I am really heart-broken that those children are forced to stay in that situation. Regardless of the fact that their Mother "disappeared", they need to be counselled & talk to people they trust. They know the hostile atmosphere that existed between their parents & even if he did not kill her, as long as she is "MISSING" They need comfort & counselling & a chance to express their feelings & ask questions. For that attitude alone I consider Craig a murderer! Why else would he slowly destroy his children.????

Because anyone who did what he probably did, does not have a soul. If you can do that to the mother of your kids, why the heck would you care about their mental health? He is extremely narcisisstic. That makes him devoid of feeling.

Of course they are having nightmares. They are 10 and 12. Kids that age probably know something's very wrong. All we can do is pray for those kids now.

Cockroach, on the media links thread, I just read in the most recent report where it states CS leaving Friday morning at dawn and then goes on to say the children are in and out of the house all day and on bikes. Sounds like he's going to work and no babysitter? I have no idea if he's been working except that he wasn't for the first few weeks after Lisa disappeared. His employer was interviewed some time ago and everything. I would think certain media would know for sure since they have been reporting his trips to Michigan, his father's, etc.

With all the media around the house...they effectively have the best babysitters around...carrying cameras and microphones. Heck, for awhile...looks like they had a drop-in supernanny even!

Still, I would think if your spouse went missing out of your front yard and you cared about your children...You would NEVER leave them alone and they would not be riding bikes, running around outside, or anywhere without an adult present. Of course, if you knew some guy didn't really grab your spouse...I guess you wouldn't worry so much then...now would you?!

I said from the beginning ... this guy was crying from his soul on the second day.

How can you grieve like that unless you know for a fact that it's final?

The news reports of Lisa's blood found on a tarp in the back of his truck, cadaver dogs making a hit in their laundry room, his lack of cooperation, no participation in any searches for the mother of his children and basically doing absolutely nothing to help with the investigation, tells me what I knew the moment I saw him grieving on national television.

:mad:

I said from the beginning ... this guy was crying from his soul on the second day.

How can you grieve like that unless you know for a fact that it's final?

The news reports of Lisa's blood found on a tarp in the back of his truck, cadaver dogs making a hit in their laundry room, his lack of cooperation, no participation in any searches for the mother of his children and basically doing absolutely nothing to help with the investigation, tells me what I knew the moment I saw him grieving on national television.

:mad:
Interesting take on that, Drum. So you think he was showing actual remorse? I don't believe the men that kill their wives have a soul, so it is difficult for me to buy they feel remorse of any kind...other than when they cry for themselves after they are caught. I think the tears you saw from CS were strictly for show.

So you think he was showing actual remorse?

I don't think he's the full Scott Peterson...about a 6-inch sub short of that sandwich.

IMHO, you can see the guilt(?) and anguish and most of all fear on his face. Part of him knows he f'ed up his kids. I think he and Lisa had a love-hate relationship...part of it was about the money but part of it was the unwillingness to let her move on.

Cockroach, on the media links thread, I just read in the most recent report where it states CS leaving Friday morning at dawn and then goes on to say the children are in and out of the house all day and on bikes. Sounds like he's going to work and no babysitter? I have no idea if he's been working except that he wasn't for the first few weeks after Lisa disappeared. His employer was interviewed some time ago and everything. I would think certain media would know for sure since they have been reporting his trips to Michigan, his father's, etc.

If CS is leaving his 10 & 12 yr old children alone all day unsupervised while he is at work, I'm surprised CPS hasn't been involved. Illinois is one of 2 states which has specific age limits on leaving kids alone.

Illinois law defines a neglected minor, in part, as “any minor under the age of 14 years whose parent or other person responsible for the minor’s welfare leaves the minor without supervision for an unreasonable period of time without regard for the mental or physical health, safety or welfare of that minor.”
Juvenile Court Act, 705 ILCS 405/2-3(1)(d)

Here are age guidelines for another state.

Age Guidelines​

7 & underShould not be left alone for any period of time. This may include leaving children unattended in cars, playgrounds, and backyards. The determining consideration would be the dangers in the environment and the ability of the caretaker to intervene.

8 to 10 yrs.Should not be left alone for more than 1½ hours and only during daylight and early evening hours.

11 to 12 yrs.May be left alone for up to 3 hours but not late at night or in circumstances requiring inappropriate responsibility.

13 to 15 yrs.May be left unsupervised, but not overnight.

16 to 17 yrs.May be left unsupervised (in some cases, for up to two consecutive overnight periods).
These guidelines are available on the Web at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dfs/childrenyouth/homealone.htm.

If he's working he'd be gone what, a minimim of 10 hours or so per day considering lunch and an hour or so commute.

Hmmm...sounds like he would be breaking the law! A good enough reason for them to move in to take custody of the kids by LE to hand over to the social services dept., if you ask me!

Very interesting Cubby and coincidentally I was just thinking about that and wondering what Illinois law on that was? Seems to me LE would know it and be able to enforce it? I know the sister and brother were there and the media was made aware of that because of the video I watched last night explaining how that video of Amy Jacobson came about. Craig's father has also been there frequently to help out so maybe LE has been watching for him to slip up? They've also spent time with Lisa's family and been to the property in Michigan with Craig and his father. No adult there Friday, maybe?

Can someone call Social Services and make a report that they see the kids during the day and it appears they are not being supervised? Ask for a "welfare check" preferably on a weekday when CS is working?

These kids really need to be away from that man until it is determined whether or not he did hurt Lisa. If he gets desperate, who knows what might happen. And now that LE has said he is a POI and they don't think Lisa left of her own free will, it seems he may start getting desparate anytime.

Yes...any time now I am waiting on him to break a sweat.

That could get scary. If he does get agitated enough, he might start smacking the kids around. It seems that public opinion says: get the kids out of there. Why won't LE listen? It seems only the right thing to do under these tense circumstances. It's not like the public has become some ugly lynch mob. We're only concerned about the kids' saftey and welfare.

I don't believe the kids are alone with him. I believe his family has that covered and the kids remain in touch with Lisa's relatives, too. Reports of them being alone could be simply mistaken.

I don't think he is going to harm them with the media camped on his doorstep either. People are watching him very closely and in part is due to the children. He won't get a chance, IMO. They are safer now than they were in the days preceding and immediately after Lisa's disapearance.

Very interesting Cubby and coincidentally I was just thinking about that and wondering what Illinois law on that was? Seems to me LE would know it and be able to enforce it? I know the sister and brother were there and the media was made aware of that because of the video I watched last night explaining how that video of Amy Jacobson came about. Craig's father has also been there frequently to help out so maybe LE has been watching for him to slip up? They've also spent time with Lisa's family and been to the property in Michigan with Craig and his father. No adult there Friday, maybe?

I don't know how frequently this law is used. I see tons of kids in my neighborhood riding bikes and playing who are 4-7 with no parental supervision. My guess would be if CS is leaving them for extended periods of time, this would allow CPS/LE to place the kids with other family members, not necessarily allow them access to interview the kids. If that were to happen perhaps the kids would talk to another family member and based on what was said, if another family member had legal guardianship that family member would allow LE to interview the kids. I would hope LE is keeping a close eye for any reason to take those kids away from CS.

I do fear for the kids. I don't believe CS got rid of Lisa as a spur ofthe moment thought, based on his comments prior to this happening I believe he planned carefully for a long time. I'm sure he was thinking about it long before he even casually mentioned it to others. I fear if the heat was too hot for him he may plan or already have planned on what he would do to the children and himself. -Though that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces