Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking a little more about bfly's post and the implications. Its seems that LE would probably know about FIL's tree cutting business, I doubt that will be a surprise. Puglet's post hints that the FIL has been under investigation. I think what's important here is the statement CS made to bfly's uncle. Not only does it speak to premeditation, but it could also provide grounds for further investigation (read search warrants) regarding the tree cutting business specifically. While LE may KNOW certain facts they may be limited as to what they can investigate with so little evidence.

Is this making any sense?

Welcome B Fly :) I agree, good for you. LE needs a starting point on where to look, just that tip alone could be what they need to get warrants to start the process of searching Craig's father's property. LE needs probable cause for a warrant if they want to check his vehicle for instance.

B Fly, have you posted anything on the ctv board? I know the possibilty of a wood chipper came up on this board or the ctv one, I wish I could remember where I saw it. I do remember it vaguely because it reminded me of the case where that did happen. The idea may have come from ctv where the subject of Craig having a meat grinder came up. I will check, if I find it I'll post it here.

I just joined the group trying to post information reguarding Lisa. I live in Illinois a little ways from Chicago. My uncle I learned yesterday worked with her husband. According to my uncle. Last year her husband made a statement to the effect of the following.

"If I was going to kill my wife. My father owns a tree cutting business. No one would ever find her."

My uncle also said that he would "snap", over nothing at the drop of a hat.

My uncle did and does NOT want to call and tell the police this. So I did today. I had to leave a voice mail. I didn't tell them my name or phone number. I told them I would call back around noon tomorrow if they needed to speak to me. With this info I thought it might be enough for them to be able to search the equipment, like a wood chipper. If taken apart one would think that it would yield evidence. If nothing else show blood. If absolutely nothing else. I thought they might be able to search records of the places of business he had worked and talk to the co-workers. At least then it might not make my uncle furious that I turned this information in.

b_fly27.........First of all, Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Secondly, WOW! What an incredibly memorable 'first post!'

It has been reported that Lisa told her friends CS had threatened to 'make her disappear.' This fits right in with what you said. A wood chipper. OhMyGosh, how incredibly sick can this guy be?

Of course, do I believe this is a STRONG possibility on what happened to Lisa. ABSOLUTELY! This guy has already shown he has no regard for life, whether it's animal (he kills just for the fun of it) or human, he hasn't asked ONE question or answered ONE question from LE since the intial contact and he won't allow his children to either.

I've read in a news article that the men of this family had 'hot tempers.' I guess their women folk take it in stride and still stand by Craig and say he couldn't possibly have hurt his wife. Are they really, really, really sure of that?:doh: IMHO, they probably know deep down in their heart, looking at his previous run ins with the law where he was hunting animals and just discarding them, he's capable of harming his wife too. After all, she was his property, just like the house, the car, and the kids.

Bless you for turning this info over to LE. I don't think that your uncle will be mad at you. Honestly, would he really want this guy to get away with murder? I don't think so.

JMHO
fran

PS....Oh, if you called LE with a follow-up call, IF you can let us know, we'd appreciate anything you are able to share............fran

Ok I was searching ctv's posts and haven't found it yet, there are a lot of posts. Now I remember there were two sites posted that were message boards about Lisa, one was the voyer.com board. I believe the meat grinder thing was started there, supposed to be a rumor that LE took that into evidence. That's what brought up the wood chipper subject from a poster on ctv. I remember saying that even though the idea turned my stomach that if CS used a meat grinder that would leave a lot of mess and extreme evidence. However a wood chipper would be used out of the home and most of us know the basics about that other case where it did happen. I didn't consider it as a possibilty at the time because nothing was said about one existing in relation to this case. Different ball game now.

Is there anyone that lives in the area that could check up on such a business being it is probably only a sign that says, "Mulching done and gives a phone number"? Joe didn't seem to be much of a businessman to me and I would imagine if he were doing treetrimming etc. it would be done by roadside signs and in the cheap newspaper ads. Maybe someone could find the local rag for cheap advertising. Worth a shot!

SS, that's a great idea. It occurred to me that LE may not have known about it because of that. Very suspicious if that equipment disappeared as well. Anyone remember what area the other case happened?

Okay, this is really weird -- I drove by CS's house on my way home last night. I just wanted to track the mileage from Walgreen's to their house. There is a huge pile of chopped wood by his garage! I was going to post and ask closeobserver if CS was now a lumberjack.

Also, it would not have been difficult for him to remove a body from that house without being seen. There is a parkway area across the street from the house, so they do not face another home. Additionally, their yard and their neighbor's yards on either side are fenced. The house that sits behind them is elevated a little and does not offer a clear view of the Stebic's back yard.

My theory on this case is that he gave the kids money to go to the store -- it is about a mile and a half -- intending to confron/argue with Lisa while they were gone. He got mad and things got out of hand. He called his dad who said to hide her body until the kids went to bed. Then he met his dad and they disposed of the body together.

I also think LE is watching his every move. I'm sure they have coached Lisa's family on what to say and how to remain neutral until they have everything they need.

What I will never understand is how you could watch the mother of your children die by your own hand and then go on with your life like nothing happened. I hope they arrest him soon and take those kids from him. I truly believe he thinks he won't be caught.

As for the wood chipper, there was a case where a man killed his wife and put her through a wood chipper by a river. They found her teeth, which contained DNA and identified her that way. Then, they examined the wood chipper and found her DNA there too.

Okay, this is really weird -- I drove by CS's house on my way home last night. I just wanted to track the mileage from Walgreen's to their house. There is a huge pile of chopped wood by his garage! I was going to post and ask closeobserver if CS was now a lumberjack.

Also, it would not have been difficult for him to remove a body from that house without being seen. There is a parkway area across the street from the house, so they do not face another home. Additionally, their yard and their neighbor's yards on either side are fenced. The house that sits behind them is elevated a little and does not offer a clear view of the Stebic's back yard.

1. The lumber showed up within the last week.

2. More that that, try driving around this neighborhood around 6 PM. It would have been more impossible for Lisa to have been pulled, or have gotten into a car without someone seeing her do so. The body didn't leave until after dark, or was loaded into the back of the pickup inside the garage with the door closed. The pickup with the blood had a cover over the back so it could have been loaded and sat in the driveway for a couple hours, especially if wrapped in a tarp.

This whole thing is just sickening. :( If LE ever gets to the bottom of this and CS desecrated Lisa this way what will that do to these children? Especially if Craig's father was involved on top of it?

Why the wood? Is there a fireplace? In the summer you're going to stock wood or am I missing something? Plus having it in front of the house it would get wet, right? Can a local do a search on the property records and see if this house has a fireplace or wood stove?

You don't buy wood in the summer!! Unless they were taking out trees in his backyard (CS has been doing some 'landscaping' so they reported), there would be no reason for it ...even if they DID have a fireplace. Yes, firewood does sit outside and it doesn't harm it to get wet...but during the summer months, it also becomes a breeding ground for rats and bugs. Most people I know wouldn't replenish their supply until late fall due to this factor.

If he wanted to try to "clean" his chainsaw and woodchipper...running fresh trees thru them could help accomplish this...or at least...he might think so anyway. Hmmm...curious.

Maybe he makes his own mulch? I don't know, just trying to think of something here...

Does he smoke his own meat from what he hunts/kills?

You don't buy wood in the summer!! Unless they were taking out trees in his backyard (CS has been doing some 'landscaping' so they reported), there would be no reason for it ...even if they DID have a fireplace. Yes, firewood does sit outside and it doesn't harm it to get wet...but during the summer months, it also becomes a breeding ground for rats and bugs. Most people I know wouldn't replenish their supply until late fall due to this factor.

If he wanted to try to "clean" his chainsaw and woodchipper...running fresh trees thru them could help accomplish this...or at least...he might think so anyway. Hmmm...curious.

IMO, the wood doesn't mean anything. Probably as simple getting ready to go up to the place in Michigan. It is not unusual to sit around a bond fire at night. A lot of other things bug me much more than this.

<<Is there anyone that lives in the area that could check up on such a business being it is probably only a sign that says, "Mulching done and gives a phone number"? >>

Since Craig grew up in Highland Park, they had to have had significant (at least middle) income coming in. The mom worked at Walgreen's corporate offices (I believe) but no idea how high up.

There's all sorts of tree trimming businesses in the northern suburbs. Would need at least the name of a city to do the research. Could be anywhere in Cook, Lake, or McHenry counties.

Google only seems to be picking up hits on Lisa's disappearance.

:eek: Oh gawd I hope not...now I'm having flashbacks to that guy that was trying to barbecue the remains of his murdered wife - eeeewwwww!

The things we remember...:eek: I had forgotten about that one. Ewwww is right.

IMO, the wood doesn't mean anything. Probably as simple getting ready to go up to the place in Michigan. It is not unusual to sit around a bond fire at night. A lot of other things bug me much more than this.

Yes, I agree, not a big deal. My dad lives in cottage country and spends the entire summer chopping and selling firewood to campers and cottagers for campfires. Red herring I think.

snipped by j2m
when you say chopped wood---- do you mean like muclh, tree trimmings, wood for fires, what exactly is it?
thanks

CloseObserver, I agree with you that it would be difficult getting her out of there around 6:00 p.m. The day I drove by there were people everywhere -- walking, riding bikes, etc.

However, I did think it was unusual to have all those "logs" in front of his house. Most people who do landscaping and use the wood stack it where it isn't so obvious. I guess he could take it to MI, but seems like there are plenty of trees there -- can't imagine why he would haul it all that way.

Do you know if he is working? Do you see the kids out and about? There are many things that bother me about this case too. I say arrest him already and get it over with.

CloseObserver, I agree with you that it would be difficult getting her out of there around 6:00 p.m. The day I drove by there were people everywhere -- walking, riding bikes, etc.

However, I did think it was unusual to have all those "logs" in front of his house. Most people who do landscaping and use the wood stack it where it isn't so obvious. I guess he could take it to MI, but seems like there are plenty of trees there -- can't imagine why he would haul it all that way.

Do you know if he is working? Do you see the kids out and about? There are many things that bother me about this case too. I say arrest him already and get it over with.

That's what I thought, why haul it all that way? Did he get his truck back? If he was using it for mulch wouldn't it already be chipped up? Puglet and Closeobserver, how big is the yard anyway? Can you tell? I got the impression from pics it's just a yard and a pool would take up considerable space.

My guess is that, if there was firewood in the front yard, it was probably just dumped there by the delivery folks, or whomever, until there was time to stack it. When I had a woodburning fireplace, there were fellows that would come up from Missouri selling firewood, they would dump it in the driveway, then we'd stack it up in the back of the yard. So, it could be something as simple as that. I don't know of a single soul that stacks firewood in the front yard (except maybe in rural areas).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces